SOS

Slip Cortes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Could it be that you've downloaded a copy of the viewer for the wrong operating system? If so, resulting file extension won't be recognized and the OS will ask your help in selecting an application to open it. If you've downloaded the correct version, the file should be recognized by your computer as something you can double-click to open/install directly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slip Cortes said:

I’ve down loaded and  , and get the Q “ open in “ ; have tried all options , keep ending up with having to forward the down load to a contact !!!! ; is this correct ?. 

It doesn't sound familiar.  Did you follow the simple directions at

??

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

It doesn't sound familiar.  Did you follow the simple directions at

??

Hi Rand , I may have downloaded the viewer it seems , and was taking your advice following the get started guide and have run in to the problem, that as I’m already a registered player from 8/9 years back . So my account and page is available to access , and I log in as before. And run into problems . Could it be my iPad 2 , seems to meet all the needed grunt . 

Advice please 

30 minutes ago, Slip Cortes said:

Could it be my iPad 2 , seems to meet all the needed grunt . 

Here's the specified "needed grunt"...

https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

Only Windows, MacOS and Linux are supported, and only on x86. The iPad is iOS on ARM, and so doesn't qualify.

You might be able to use SL via Bright Canopy (I recall mention of iOS running the Frame viewer, but I don't know if that ever really happened), but that's a service with a monthly fee...

https://brightcanopy.com

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2028 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.