Subdividing Parcel on Mainland

Tray Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have been trying to sort out this issue and cannot see to find any solution for it. I cannot subdivide land on the mainland despite having the permissions to do so in the group. So far the only solution we can come up with is to transfer full ownership over to my avi, transferring ownership is not a path we want to take. Why have Subdivide/Join land in the group options if it cannot be used by designated accounts? 

25 minutes ago, Tray Guisse said:

So I have been trying to sort out this issue and cannot see to find any solution for it. I cannot subdivide land on the mainland despite having the permissions to do so in the group. So far the only solution we can come up with is to transfer full ownership over to my avi, transferring ownership is not a path we want to take. Why have Subdivide/Join land in the group options if it cannot be used by designated accounts? 

I've had this issue in the past. Once because I wasn't wearing the right tag when trying to terraform. Another time, we still don't know why it wouldn't let me. The solution was for the owner to temporarily turn on terraform to everyone. As soon as I had completed the terraform job for him he turned it off.

33 minutes ago, Tray Guisse said:

is the land set to group or deeded?
... if it's only set to, most group abilities don't work, it has to be deeded.

1 hour ago, Tray Guisse said:

So I am betting that it needs to be deeded to the group.

If land is not OWNED by a group, group ranks with edit terrain powers can't touch it...

Simply setting the land to a particular group, does NOT enable land-owner only options for the group, greoup officers cannot eject trouble makers from the parcel, group builders cannot terraform...

Simple as that really.

SETTING land to a group is simply for access purposes, and rezzing/object entry. Not much else really.

9 hours ago, Tray Guisse said:

the land is set to "allow deed to group" but the land is not deeded to the group, would this be the issue?

the "allow deed to group"  does nothing... it only enables the possibility to deed, it doesn't trigger the actual "deed", for that the button "deed" has to be pushed :)

If you want full group control, the group must own the land.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.