No permissions jump hug?

Chelsea Moulliez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Chelsea Moulliez said:

I've noticed some people have them.. have checked out MP and only found the usual hug huds or follow and grab huds. Anyone know where to get a no permission jump hug or hug hud?

'No permissions' appears to indicate that you want to give the other person no option whether they respond or not! I think you might mean 'full permission' instead: copy/mod/transfer. If so, then the most common freebie HUD that was used for this - containing, among others, that 'jump-hug' animation - can be found for L$1 here on Marketplace (presumably the L$1 is so that it can be gifted, as one can't gift L$0 freebies).

I have one of those exact same HUDs and still use it to this day. It's an essential freebie for me :)

4 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Oh dear. So I assume that if some hot, sexy female avatar happened to hug you out of the blue, you'd report her to LL for accosting your innocent pixel body, Quinn? ;)

He just stands in the corner of the sim and cams all the hot girls from there, so it is unlikely any of them could get close enough to hug him.  

I do think however the OP wants a jump HUD that will allow her to jump on people without their consent, I have never seen this however, I almost wish they worked this way, usually the permission box pops up behind my chat box and I don't see it and people think I am ignoring them. Maybe a better option would be a way people could give automatic permission to hug huds,  so that anytime someone tried to hug them it would happen, but I suppose then people would make other huds to make people do less friendly things.     

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

but I suppose then people would make other huds to make people do less friendly things.    

Hell, years ago, somebody made the "dance  chimera of griefing" hud...

They named it after an older MP product that had been banned for using "exploits", in the hopes of attracting noob griefer-wannabe customers searching for the original SL-Evil, and would then buy this thing instead. 

Basically it was a dance-chimera/hug hud, that let you invite people to an animation, and then once the hud had anim permissions, you could use the menu to select a whole bumper fun goodiebag of embarasing , humiliating or griefing poses, including deformers to twist their avi like a pretzel.

"Smart" users renamed the copy/mod hud to something like "Brand X hugger hud" etc., so victims wouldn't refuse the anim permissions request.

"Dumb" users just wore it and ran amok, spamming people...

"An object named Ultimate Hud of Avatar Control owned by WorthlessAsshatNoobGrieferTrash1994 Resident would like to animate your avatar... Allow/Deny/Block ?"

It sold back when for 2500 ls a pop.

LL never removed it from the MP, presumably because 5% sales tax on 2500 helped pay the bills, it's still there today, tho the price has dropped a lot.

Expect a revival of such things once "Grid Wide Experiences" become available.

5 hours ago, Chelsea Moulliez said:

I've noticed some people have them.. have checked out MP and only found the usual hug huds or follow and grab huds. Anyone know where to get a no permission jump hug or hug hud? 

Are you wearing RLV? If yes then hat would explain everything.

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Oh dear. So I assume that if some hot, sexy female avatar happened to hug you out of the blue, you'd report her to LL for accosting your innocent pixel body, Quinn? ;)

they arnt all females 97 percent of sl female avatars are controlled by dudes that in real life are probly serial killers or just gay

• Haha 2

Anyone remember the F'ing your head one?

Someone would just have to pick a target and jump on thier shoulers and start F'ing thier head..

I put a guy so far into the air for doing that to me one time that he turned into a sparkle. 

Or was it into the ground?I forget..

I just remember, he had to relog to put himself back together again..

F'ing my head I F'ing you everyting!

=P

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

they arnt all females 97 percent of sl female avatars are controlled by dudes that in real life are probly serial killers or just gay

LOL, nope you are wrong - If anything suggests someone is gay in RL it would be a male avi, Quinn, because as did a male straight friend of me once say? "If I have to stare at an avatar's butt for ages I can as well make it a cute butt..." ;) and now hush hush Mr Homophobia, switch to being a girl before you "catch da gay"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Are you wearing RLV? If yes then hat would explain everything.

*sighs*

1. You don't "wear rlv", it's a feature in the viewers...

2. Having RLV/RLVa enabled in a viewer doesn't stop the need for anim permissions.

3. Even if you are wearing an active rlv/rlva relay, set to auto, that still wouldn't explain "everything" unless somebody had an rlv/rlva scripted hug hud... And those are pretty rare.

The only way I know of to "jump hug" someone without permission is through the use of a follower.  This can only be used if the land allows rezzing.  The...we'll call him the "attacker"...designates his target.  An invisible prim is rezzed and is scripted to follow the targeted person as long as they are in that region.  The attacker sits on the invisible prim, thereby appearing to be glued to the target avatar, and the prim also acts as a poseball, playing a hug animation on the attacker.

No permissions needed from the target.

Attackers should take care though, because if you can rez a follower prim, a gun can rez bullets.  Annoy the wrong person, and you could just find yourself heading for Neptune.

EDIT:  Whoops, there is at least one other way.  If you can trick or persuade someone into accepting an animation offer from "Soul Seize" or a similar HUD, or sit on a maliciously scripted object, you can get permanent permission to animate their avatar.  Presumably, this would include hug animations.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

EDIT:  Whoops, there is at least one other way.  If you can trick or persuade someone into accepting an animation offer from

16 hours ago, Klytyna said:

"An object named Ultimate Hud of Avatar Control owned by WorthlessAsshatNoobGrieferTrash1994 Resident would like to animate your avatar... Allow/Deny/Block ?"

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

or a similar HUD, or sit on a maliciously scripted object, you can get permanent permission to animate their avatar.  Presumably, this would include hug animations.

Yes...

16 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Basically it was a dance-chimera/hug hud, that let you invite people to an animation, and then once the hud had anim permissions, you could use the menu to select a whole bumper fun goodiebag of embarasing , humiliating or griefing poses, including deformers to twist their avi like a pretzel.

"Smart" users renamed the copy/mod hud to something like "Brand X hugger hud" etc., so victims wouldn't refuse the anim permissions request.

/me coughs...

@Ceka Cianci

yes lol. Orbit them :D

OP is maybe wanting a less abusive one.  I don't get out much anymore, but once upon a time I had lots of self-animators

stuff like BOOP and Starfighter - which played animation on our own selves when anyone bump  collided us

Headstand and Huggies - which were follower based

HugMe - which was follower based as well. When somebody/anybody said "hug me" in chat then my avatar would run over to them and play a hug animation on my avatar

Lots of others as well that were everyone/anyone can chat a command.  Boobies, Spankies, TipMeOver, etc etc

12 hours ago, Klytyna said:

*sighs*

1. You don't "wear rlv", it's a feature in the viewers...

2. Having RLV/RLVa enabled in a viewer doesn't stop the need for anim permissions.

3. Even if you are wearing an active rlv/rlva relay, set to auto, that still wouldn't explain "everything" unless somebody had an rlv/rlva scripted hug hud... And those are pretty rare.

Turning on RLV does nothing, you still have to "wear" something RLV-enabled, attachment or HUD. If you set the relay to "no permissions" and an RLV device is used on you then no permissions are requested. And rare does not mean nonexistent. But this is one of your typical cynical sarcastic responses, so *you WINNN*.

Edited by Alyona Su

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

I was looking for a hud that allowed me to hug my partner in greeting as he landed in sl, without having to ask his permission each time.  I have a standard hug hud, but as Talligurl said, often the perms box hides behind his notifications etc and gets missed.

He was recently accosted by a most attractive female who was able to jump into his arms without asking permission and he seemed to enjoy the attention very much!.. so much so that he asked me if I knew where to buy such a thing.

It may be a follower hud as Lindal suggested, and I have seen these on MP, but the animation looked to be more grab from behind huggy than jump into arms huggy.

If anyone comes across one anytime, I'd love to hear from you.

1 hour ago, Chelsea Moulliez said:

He was recently accosted by a most attractive female who was able to jump into his arms without asking permission

So he says. Unless you were standing over his RL shoulder watching his screen as he was. Because other than using RLV and a relay set to no (do not ask for permission) - there is no way possible that it could be automatic; he gave permission. Whether he knew what the animation would be or not is another question. This is why I always refuse animation requests from people I don't know.

Edit to add: it also could be that he has previously given permission to that person and so he is on that hugger's "white list" and doesn't need new permissions. This would be a really old Hugger because I think it stopped working that way a few years ago (when permissions were asked only once

So either  RLV-based or white-list-based. :)

Edited by Alyona Su

On 9/9/2018 at 1:14 PM, Quinn Lysette said:

Actually I am suspicious of 97 percent of the SL females who claim to lesbian, that they are actually very straight males, I used to have this friend, she always wanted to have sex, and didn't own any clothes. She would IM me and ask me to come to here home, I would say I want to go shopping and ask her to join me, "I can't I am  naked", so get dress I said, "I don't have any clothes" OK whatever I am going shopping I'll see you. Eventually she did something so stupid I banned her though. Tried to make me think my account had been hacked.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Chelsea Moulliez said:

I was looking for a hud that allowed me to hug my partner in greeting as he landed in sl, without having to ask his permission each time.

You could collar them ? you can say xxkiss or xxhug and you get the permission box instead to force a hug (amongst a lot of other things)

(I am somewhat joking that you collar your partner hence the smiling cat)

Edited by Callum Meriman
changed to gender neutral pronoun

1 hour ago, Talligurl said:

Actually I am suspicious of 97 percent of the SL females who claim to lesbian, that they are actually very straight males, I used to have this friend, she always wanted to have sex, and didn't own any clothes. She would IM me and ask me to come to here home, I would say I want to go shopping and ask her to join me, "I can't I am  naked", so get dress I said, "I don't have any clothes" OK whatever I am going shopping I'll see you. Eventually she did something so stupid I banned her though. Tried to make me think my account had been hacked.

intersting  i never added you or talked to you on my other accounts even thos i was sometimes standing right next to you  while being very far away as a diffrent person

btw i sorta found out i have this hugging hud on 1 of my other accounts an i got it free  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Quinn Lysette said:

intersting  i never added you or talked to you on my other accounts even thos i was sometimes standing right next to you  while being very far away as a diffrent person

btw i sorta found out i have this hugging hud on 1 of my other accounts an i got it free  

Just when I  think he can't get any creepier.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.