I can't "sit" in my own parcel.

Subi Dudek

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am Subi Dudek, the primary owner of Timekeeper Group. My parcel is group owned and I have populated the majority of objects in it. Recently something happened and a few objects disappeared, however, also it seems I can no longer sit on any object in my own parcel. What I mean is I can not TP to other places in the parcel, can not sit on any animated object or non animated benches or chairs. Worst of all is that while I am in the parcel no one else can sit. When I leave the parcel others can sit and use the animated objects, I don't even have to be out of the region, just out of my own parcel. I can still build and change things in the parcel but can not sit on pose balls to adjust them. Other owners of the parcel are all my alts and can operate normally unless I'm present. A ticket has been submitted and so far SL says there's a bug in the system but no solutions for it yet. I have tried other viewers with the same results, deleted and reinstalled viewer and tried using different group tags activated.  I can not delete my avatar since I have been in Sl for over 11 years and have compiled any inventory over 52,000 items. If you care to experience this first hand contact me, Subi Dudek, and TP to Grampa's Place.

Discovered if I leave Timekeeper group most everything works for everyone. If I join the group again issues start all over again.

Edited by Subi Dudek
New information

5 answers to this question

Hmmm. Are there any Experiences defined for this parcel? I don't have a theory for how an Experience could have the effects you describe, but it's one of the few things I can think of that can affect the ability to sit (albeit nothing like what seems to be happening here).

Something I might try if it were me would be dividing the parcel into two parts and seeing if the problem persists on both parts. If it only affects half (or the larger part), then maybe keep dividing the affected part until the unaffected parts can be joined to form a parcel larger than what remains affected, then try joining it with the unaffected part (on the crazy theory that getting a new parcel ID might make this crazy problem go away).

[ETA: There is also this jira, which could fit the problem if you're wearing the llUnSit()-scripted object and the script applied to AGENT_LIST_PARCEL avatars, and the "can not sit" is really more a problem of staying seated. But... I don't think it explains the "cannot TP" thing, though.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Thanks 1

I'm assuming your group has more than one Owner.

Have you tried leaving the group, and then rejoining the group in a non-Owner role?  Maybe try that.  If it fixes the problem, then start looking very carefully at the group abilities, I guess.

Although that would not explain why one Owner has problems, but the others don't...

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I'm assuming your group has more than one Owner.

Have you tried leaving the group, and then rejoining the group in a non-Owner role?  Maybe try that.  If it fixes the problem, then start looking very carefully at the group abilities, I guess.

Although that would not explain why one Owner has problems, but the others don't...

I’ve been thinking, it would be interesting to read their ticket / JIRA and see how LL actually responded, not with “it’s a bug”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Subi Dudek said:

Discovered if I leave Timekeeper group most everything works for everyone. If I join the group again issues start all over again.

This seems consistent with the theory that you're wearing a script that calls llUnSit() on every agent in AGENT_LIST_PARCEL. Two questions:

1. Have you tried this wearing no attachments at all?
  2. Does "can not TP" apply only to scripted, sat-upon teleporters, or to teleports by Map as well?

In theory it could be a script owned by you and rezzed on the parcel, not worn, as long as it specifically tested whether you were on the parcel. [ETA: If so, that "divide and conquer" approach to the parcel would help find the errant script.]

(I keep getting lured by the "strange attractor" of the permissions available to scripts only when the script owner with certain group abilities is in the same region as group-deeded land, as with llGetParcelPrimOwners(), but this case doesn't happen when the owner is merely in the region, only when they're on the very same parcel.)

Edited by Qie Niangao

There are several situations where an object's scripts behave differently when the ibject's owner is not around.  They're often puzzling, as this one is.  The solution is usually to deed the object to the group that owns the land, since a group is always in world.  That's probably the clue to what's happening here too.  The problem is that it's not clear which scripted object is creating the odd behavior.  I think Qie has it right that there's some script somewhere that is looking for all residents "on my land" and telling them not to sit "if I am here."  When you find it and either get rid of it or change its rule about who's allowed to sit, you'll have your answer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.