How do I put on my brought tattoos?

LilithLaveau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Lilith, hope you got it figured out, but, if not.. here's some advise. If the tattoos are Omega, then you will need and omega applier made specifically for your mesh body.. You can get Omega on MP. If the tattoos come with different body appliers, ie, Maitreya, Belleza etc, you will need to use the body applier that matches your brand of mesh body. Good luck! ?

Are you a new resident and using the body that you started with ,or did you buy a mesh body?

If you are using the original avatar body..Look in the folder where your tattoos are kept, for icons that look clothes.. look for,underwear,shirt,pants,jacket or a red tattoo icon..those are your system layer clothing..

if you are having boxes pop up on your screen,those are appliers for mesh bodies..in the folder those will just look like a brown box.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, daniellongwan69 said:

I have the same issue. I have a mesh body ( I think). When I click on the items a box is attached to my body and when I click on it some menu appears like Tattoo, Underwear etc.. and then nothing happens. Why is this so complicated? Why? 

On 9/4/2018 at 8:29 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Which body are you using?

You need to be sure you are using the correct tattoo applier that is made for the body you are using. 

On 9/5/2018 at 12:21 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

Are you a new resident and using the body that you started with ,or did you buy a mesh body?

If you are using the original avatar body..Look in the folder where your tattoos are kept, for icons that look clothes.. look for,underwear,shirt,pants,jacket or a red tattoo icon..those are your system layer clothing..

if you are having boxes pop up on your screen,those are appliers for mesh bodies..in the folder those will just look like a brown box.

42 minutes ago, daniellongwan69 said:

I have the same issue. I have a mesh body ( I think). When I click on the items a box is attached to my body and when I click on it some menu appears like Tattoo, Underwear etc.. and then nothing happens. Why is this so complicated? Why? 

Well, it is a 2 year old thread, but it is still the same solution. Did you just join SL? If you open your inventory and choose "Wearing" or "Worn" you see all you are wearing. You can pick the items with a box symbol and tell us what they are named.

SL is complicated. It also allow for customization in a much wider range than any other virtual world. But it is a heck of a lot to learn.

And a lot to read, or watch Youtube videos. Here is a blogger who has written many tutorials. http://www.virtualbloke.com/tutorials

I suggest you read the two on top. You get explained the jargon in Second Life. What the inventory icons mean. How to put together an avatar. It is a great resource.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

If you're using BOM on your body, you don't use a tattoo app!ler.  You'll need to use a BOM tattoo or what looks like a little red dragon which is a tattoo layer.  If you are not BOM, than you do need an applier and not the tattoo layer.

58 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If you're using BOM on your body, you don't use a tattoo app!ler.  You'll need to use a BOM tattoo or what looks like a little red dragon which is a tattoo layer.  If you are not BOM, than you do need an applier and not the tattoo layer.

it worked, thanks!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.