truckerboy

gesture I made does not work inworld

Question

I have a question I have created my own gestures before and they worked I am using audacity  but when I upload the sound gesture I made to second life it wont play. I opened the sound by itself before adding to gesture . It will not play inworld but if I click play locally I hear the sound of the gesture I made .Any suggestions on how to fix this ? Thanks in advance 

Edited by truckerboy

3 answers to this question

no I did not I can hear it clear on the file I saved to my pc and when I uploaded it would not play when I put it in the gesture  by clicking on it and selecting preview I get the text I put in the gesture but no sound . when I go to the actual sound I uploaded I right clicked it and went to open the sound box comes up when I click play inworld I cant hear it but if I click play locally I can hear the sound . I hope this makes sense. 

Sounds almost as if you uploaded it in preview mode.  But I thought that only worked with textures...if you do a preview upload, YOU can see the texture, but nobody else can.  Check the following:

• Did you pay $L10 to upload the sound file?
  • Is the sound file in the proper format?  (I should think so, it should not have uploaded if it is not, but check...)
    • 10 seconds max

• PCM WAV format, 16-bit, 44.1kHz, mono

• Check your volume sliders in your Preferences/Sound settings