You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I've returned to SL after several years and have hit the mesh wall, so I'm researching that right now.

My skin tone was hard to find in world back then, and it seems even harder to find now in searching for a new skin. I would like to find this skin tone, or something close to it, if possible.

I've attached a photo with color values because monitors and applications can vary so greatly, but essentially it's an olive-brown/dusty-brown/darker-than-paper-bag-brown complexion. I'm not looking for an exact match, just close.

I welcome and appreciate any and all suggestions or points in the right direction.

tone.jpg

mj Jayaram,

13 hours ago, mj Jayaram said:

Hi all,

I've returned to SL after several years and have hit the mesh wall, so I'm researching that right now.

My skin tone was hard to find in world back then, and it seems even harder to find now in searching for a new skin. I would like to find this skin tone, or something close to it, if possible.

I am not sure if meant you were considering upgrading to a mesh body, but if you ARE,  keep in mind that most mesh bodies and heads can be "tinted."

This means you might be able to take skin that is only "kinda" close to yours and  then use the tinting feature to bring it all the way home. For example, if the skin tone has to much yellow, you could tint it with a de-saturated red color to make it more a brown. If there is to much red, you could offset it with a pale blue tint.

Of course, experiment with DEMO bodies, heads and skins, A LOT, before you spend any money.

9 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Try Soul

I think she may be referring to this store:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/23270?id=23270

Edited by Orion Pastorelli
Spelling Mistakes

4 minutes ago, Orion Pastorelli said:

@Marianne Little
@Love Zhaoying

Did that work?

Nope. After you type @ and begin typing the name, you should see names appear as you type. You have to click/select from the names that appear as you type. This turns it into a “tag”.

Hope I explained that right!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.