laptop recommendations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Because of my work and travel schedule I have to use a laptop to SL.

I have been using for the last few years an older ASUS R510D with Radeon HD8670m card and AMD 10.  It has been able to run the game, but the last year has really had problems with rezzing and lag.

it is time to get a new laptop and was hoping to get some suggestions for $1500.00 and under.

thanks

Anya

1500 and under can go pretty far. On the low end look into anything with a 7th gen or higher intel dual core, as they will have intel HD 620 graphics which perform very well for the price and will let you play the game at medium/higher settings in 1080p without issue.

Dont buy anything with a GT 940m or 940MX as they are terrible mobile graphics cards that are still being sold for some reason.

Mobile 1050ti based systems with mobile quadcore i5/i7's would be well within your price range, look for the specific specs you would want within your budget.

Ryzen + Vega graphics apu laptops have been showing up recently if you would want basically the same kind of laptop but with a significantly more powerful APU inside.

My personal suggestion just because i like them and i think theyre very nice machines for their price, is a Gigabyte Aero. These are 14" ones which might be better for travel: http://www.agearnotebooks.com/gigabyte-14.html

Either generation, its either a 6700HQ or a 7700HQ, GTX 965m or 1060. Obviously the 7700 + 1060 version is significantly more expensive but the older generation one is still very capable and a couple hundred dollars less.

And these are 15.6", which while larger, are cheaper and have better specs. Yes, you literally save hundreds of dollars by getitng a bigger laptop. Thanks consumers who think bigger screen = better. http://www.agearnotebooks.com/gigabyte-15.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.