Streaks Emanating from Avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the Linden viewer, and even downloaded the Firestorm viewer, but in both viewers I see streaks emanating from all avatars...like...long lines touching all points of the avatars' silhouette and stretching into the distance....like the kind of cartoon lines you might see if a cartoon character were running fast.  See the image I attached.

I have been experiencing this since yesterday.  Yesterday, it was on-and-off.  Today it's non-stop.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  How can I fix it?  I tried clearing my cache but that didn't work.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 1.21.14 PM.png

Edited by RuchiVee

I used to have this issue when using a viewer that didnt support bento. It turned out to be not only a problem with the viewer, but also because i was using Windows XP and didnt have the recommended version of OpenGL running on my video card because of that. OpenGL isnt like a downloadable thing, its built into applications and your graphics devices support up to a certain version of it. The legacy viewer didnt support the version of openGL my card was trying to use and windows XP couldnt support it either. I doubt this is the issue if youre on Windows 7 or newer but you never know.

Try 2 things, just because they can also cover a lot of bases:

1) Update your graphics drivers, whichever they may be. Each one of these is a link to how to do so for Intel, AMD/ATI, and Nvidia. If you dont know what you have, you can check your system specifications with the tool Speccy by Piriform, though an easier one is to use the command msinfo32 in the "run" bar on Windows 7 or higher.

2) Do a straight up reinstall, or try moving back to a slightly older version of the viewer.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:22 PM, RuchiVee said:

I am using the Linden viewer, and even downloaded the Firestorm viewer, but in both viewers I see streaks emanating from all avatars...like...long lines touching all points of the avatars' silhouette and stretching into the distance....like the kind of cartoon lines you might see if a cartoon character were running fast.  See the image I attached.

I have been experiencing this since yesterday.  Yesterday, it was on-and-off.  Today it's non-stop.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  How can I fix it?  I tried clearing my cache but that didn't work.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 1.21.14 PM.png

could be graphics card or  ssd of you have 1 as main drive  

if you are usin a ssd dont listen to to much music on either on youtube or those radio things cuz i found out they kill ssd an m.2 ssd realy fast

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.