Can't Rezz house......any suggestions

Myth Valeska

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I own mainland and I finally found a house that I really like. I set the box out and left click to rezz it and I keep getting the message: "Can't rez object 'Cape Hatteras by Galland Homes' at { 103.467, 141.237, 29.7349 } on parcel 'Velvet's Hideaway' in region Daikoku because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership." I have never had any problems rezzing any other houses on my property and I can't figure out why this one is doing this?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

14 minutes ago, Avalyn Valeska said:

So I own mainland and I finally found a house that I really like. I set the box out and left click to rezz it and I keep getting the message: "Can't rez object 'Cape Hatteras by Galland Homes' at { 103.467, 141.237, 29.7349 } on parcel 'Velvet's Hideaway' in region Daikoku because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership." I have never had any problems rezzing any other houses on my property and I can't figure out why this one is doing this?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

First thought is the footprint of the house.  Is it too big?  Are you standing on the centre of the parcel to rez or trying to rez with too much mesh in the way?

The first thought I had was also whether the house footprint was too big.  If the rezzer box is able to be rezzed, then it doesn't sound like a permissions issue. 

Have you gone to the (103, 141, 29) coordinates on your parcel to doublecheck that coordinate is still on your parcel?  If you parcel is rectangular shaped, have you tried turning the rezz box 90 degrees before trying to rezz, just in case the long part of the house was trying to rezz on the short part of the parcel?  (I often have a hard time figuring out ahead of time which direction a house will rezz out from the rezzer, so I've often had the rezzer in the wrong direction).  

Also -- try rezzing on a sandbox so you can determine the orientation (and maybe shape) of the house in connection with the rezzer. Some rezzers will spin pieces of the house WAY far away and they will be outside your land area and you get a similar can't rez message. 

You CAN rez the house on a sandbox and then select all the pieces (various ways to do this easily including "lassoing") and then place the house as a coalesced object on your land.   If the house is very close to the size of the plot there CAN OFTEN be issues -- even if there is no rez box to deal with.

On 9/3/2018 at 12:37 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Some rezzers will spin pieces of the house WAY far away and they will be outside your land area and you get a similar can't rez message. 

This has happened to me more times than I can count and drives me absolutely crazy.  Why do house creators not think about this.  The house, after rezzing, may only need a 32x48 plot but because of how the rezzer works, it needs quite a bit more to actually do the rezzing.  

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This has happened to me more times than I can count and drives me absolutely crazy.  Why do house creators not think about this.  The house, after rezzing, may only need a 32x48 plot but because of how the rezzer works, it needs quite a bit more to actually do the rezzing.  

One reason why I don't use rezzers :D

Unless the house is super large it CAN  be linked. So much easier. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.