Jump to content

Does anyone rp as people in their 50's or 60's on second life?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be thankful he's no longer in his teens, when he owned you.  My RL daughter turned the magical 40 last spring.  Now she's the one dealing with teenagers.  One of the blessings of finally getting into

Erm ...  

I can come down to that age if it helps.

Posted Images

I'm with Phil.  All of SL is a RP of sorts.  I already bring my apparent age way down every time I log in.  It's not that I have anything against being old (elderly?) in RL, but SL is my vacation life.  When I log in, I get to be my imaginary friend, who has always been in her late 30s for some strange reason. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I own a rl kid in his 20's. 

Be thankful he's no longer in his teens, when he owned you.  My RL daughter turned the magical 40 last spring.  Now she's the one dealing with teenagers.  One of the blessings of finally getting into your 50s and beyond is having some measure of your own life back again.  Then you can use the magic of SL to go back in time and enjoy your second adulthood. ?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Be thankful he's no longer in his teens, when he owned you.  My RL daughter turned the magical 40 last spring.  Now she's the one dealing with teenagers.  One of the blessings of finally getting into your 50s and beyond is having some measure of your own life back again.  Then you can use the magic of SL to go back in time and enjoy your second adulthood. ?

Oh I know,  I have a 12 almost 13 year old who is the most pleasant kid ever and still climbs on my knee for a hug before bed  (hope that doesn't end any time soon)  and a frustrating 19 year old who can only speak in shrugs and the lowest possible voice that has me constantly querying my hearing.  ?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PhantomPixel said:

Sorry, I'm already depressed enough that Im in my early 30s let alone roleplaying that I'm in my 50s/60s. I got quite a bit of time yet before I reach that age and I'm in no rush to hurry it along.

I'm 65 and not depressed. Lolololololo 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I was 60, I used to routinely knock 10 years off my age, and nobody ever questioned it or batted an eyelid. But on reaching 60, I suddenly became proud of my age. I still am, and I haven't knocked any years off it since :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Faye Feldragonne said:

I'm 65 in real so no point in pretending. Lolololololo 

 

I'd like to meet others my age. 

But are you 65 in second life or do you "play" a younger age. 

Some have said second life should have been called second chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Before I was 60, I used to routinely knock 10 years off my age, and nobody ever questioned it or batted an eyelid. But on reaching 60, I suddenly became proud of my age. I still am, and I haven't knocked any years off it since :)

Well that explains a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do see some avatars with older appearances...mostly men. (Yay!  Silver foxes are da bomb!)  But I think those who have older avatars are probably choosing them to correspond more closely with their RL age...so you can't really call it "roleplaying".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, Rolig Loon said:

I'm with Phil.  All of SL is a RP of sorts.  I already bring my apparent age way down every time I log in.  It's not that I have anything against being old (elderly?) in RL, but SL is my vacation life.  When I log in, I get to be my imaginary friend, who has always been in her late 30s for some strange reason. 

A lot of us do that. I certainly do, although I'm younger than you. I've always called my SL age '29 and holding'; that usually is understood to be somewhere in the early to mid thirties.

ETA: I should have explained that "younger than you"' comment. Just to be clear, I was speaking about the presumed age of our SL avatars. Being an immersionist I tend to get a little vague with my personal pronouns.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.95cd1edb7a6adb0e849a764e1444cce9.pngimage.png.98b5e811f63274b5da62d1e0682801de.png

Us baby boomers are quickly fading into the background as 10,000 of us retire each day in the United States.   Well fading into the background is a little harsh.  ?

Look out for the 158 million Generation Z and Millennial's in young and early adulthood coming along.  Generation Xers really are squeezed in between taking care of children in the home and aging parents in need of more care.   Come to think of it role playing the 50's to 60's age group is not so bad!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.95cd1edb7a6adb0e849a764e1444cce9.pngimage.png.98b5e811f63274b5da62d1e0682801de.png

Us baby boomers are quickly fading into the background as 10,000 of us retire each day in the United States.   Well fading into the background is a little harsh.  ?

Look out for the 158 million Generation Z and Millennial's in young and early adulthood coming along.  Generation Xers really are squeezed in between taking care of children in the home and aging parents in need of more care.   Come to think of it role playing the 50's to 60's age group is not so bad!

You didn't show the entire graph, Jameson...
Maddy@2996.jpg.cb1640bd402a10580c3d55cb991e9385.jpg

From how-old.net...

59a6c5fe1a0a3_MaddysTrueAge2.jpg.9a295f9

You are all children to me.

 

Happy Monday, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.11ea19b9cfcfcd44e336d00363284ff0.png

My heartfelt apology Maddy, we will call you Generation Zenith?

OMG you get your own generational category all to yourself!

Thanks, Jameson!

Though, as Princess of Nefariousness, might I ask if you would you call mine "Generation Nadir"?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...