Wrong group building

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can't.  If you are lucky and careful, you may be able to drag a selection rectangle around several objects at once and then change group settings on that selection, but I have found that to be a flaky business. When I have done that, I have often found that the change hasn't stuck on a handful of the objects, so I still have to go back and check them all individually to be sure.  I figure that if I am going to have to check them all anyway, I might as well change them one at a time in the first place. 

• Thanks 1

I doubt it, but you can check.  There are many things ---  changing permissions on more than one object at a time is another one that springs to mind -- that really don't work reliably.  It's important enough to get them right that I have never dared trust that every single selected object will be changed properly. 

On 9/2/2018 at 8:09 PM, Naiman Broome said:

Hi , I just realized that I have built the whole sim using the wrong group so now all objects are having a group that is not even mine ... how can I mass change the whole sims object group to mine?

If you use Firestorm, you can try to use area search, filter by owner and group and select the entire list to edit. You probably have to do it several times before all changes catches but it's still much faster than doing one object at a time.

42 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

If you use Firestorm, you can try to use area search, filter by owner and group and select the entire list to edit. You probably have to do it several times before all changes catches but it's still much faster than doing one object at a time.

Firestorm area search has all the tools for this. Select "Current parcel only" and sort by group, and you can see all the objects that need attention. I just cleaned up four parcels of mine, where some objects belonged to old groups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.