What would you pay for it?

MamiChella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I have a question for everyone who rents/is interested in renting a house/cottage.
Im thinking about this house / cottage, fully furnitured (Working kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and livingroom and all very high quality).
Its like 150L per week, no prims, but like i said everything is in it!
Would you pay that for a little cosy cottage?

10 hours ago, MamiChella said:

Hello all,

I have a question for everyone who rents/is interested in renting a house/cottage.
Im thinking about this house / cottage, fully furnitured (Working kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and livingroom and all very high quality).
Its like 150L per week, no prims, but like i said everything is in it!
Would you pay that for a little cosy cottage?

You give no details of circumstances surrounding the cottage, such as where is it located, what are the neighbouring builds like, is there a related community, what are your personal needs, do you have another place you can rez in, but really the only question is do you want to pay for it? 

• Like 1

@MamiChella

depends on the underlying parcel ownership

if the tenant gets parcel ownership and is able to return stuff they don't want to make space to rez their own stuff then 150L a week is a good price. Assuming the parcel is 512-560 about in size. 150L is 30L a week cheaper than the cheapest on my home sim. Estate parcel ownership, full furnished cottage, 560sqm, 170 LI. Retain/use what furnishings you want, return that which you don't

if the furnished cottage is on shared land and the tenant can't return stuff to make space for their own then you are up against 50L a week full-furnished skyboxes

Its on mainland, you get into the group so you have some rights, its a cottage placed in a skydome so you can choose a few ground/sky textures.
Like i said its totally furnitures and everything had animations in it, so for RP you can even cook! Working tv to watch youtube/listen to music.

When i can i will see if i can take a picture.

Edited by MamiChella

@MamiChella

whats not clear to me is:

are you a prospective tenant looking to rent this cottage, or are you a prospective landlord wondering where your cottage might fit into the rental market ?

as the cottage is in a skybox setting then L$150 per week is probably on the more expensive side in the current market. Given what estates offer for about the same price, and what mainland skybox landlords offer for group-shared full-furnished skybox spaces at a lot less than L$150 per week

• Like 1

It is almost always 0.5L per prim now.

Above that you will have short term tenant before they eventually bail to 0.5L/prim options. Always have an option open for people to have vacant land for their own builds. 

Also you can poach existing tenants from similar properties which are more expensive. 

But as others have said, no prim is a hard sell because people will want to add their personal touch to a place. 

Edited by iamyourneighbour

On 9/4/2018 at 7:31 PM, iamyourneighbour said:

It is almost always 0.5L per prim now.

Above that you will have short term tenant before they eventually bail to 0.5L/prim options. Always have an option open for people to have vacant land for their own builds. 

Also you can poach existing tenants from similar properties which are more expensive. 

But as others have said, no prim is a hard sell because people will want to add their personal touch to a place. 

You don't have enough data to make this claim -- and it's simply not true, either.

Some rentals are at .5/prim if they are low-end, no frills or yours or something -- others aren't, I see even very costly rentals still doing well if the agent provides things people want. And .5/prim is below the cost of the tier you have to pay LL, so it's not a good business proposition.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2048 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.