MystiSin

Are there many other RL females playing males in SL?

On 9/4/2018 at 5:52 PM, Matty Luminos said:

Male avatars run by women are usually better dressed, and own more than two pairs of shoes. 

I just realized I only have two pairs of shoes, so this is correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

there was a song about this written once.....

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world
Except for Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

It's a fantasy world. You can be a man, woman, dog, vampire, werewolf, Horse or whatever. As long as you don't hurt someone else by your 'play' just, have fun!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

there was a song about this written once.....

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed-up, muddled-up, shook-up world
Except for Lola, lo lo lo lo Lola

It's a fantasy world. You can be a man, woman, dog, vampire, werewolf, Horse or whatever. As long as you don't hurt someone else by your 'play' just, have fun!

This is true people can be what hey want. But good to be upfront so it does not hurt anyone if they looking for real someone they wanna know what there getting. I don't like to be lied to its a break of trust.

• Like 2

I see more rl males who plays a female in sl.

I know one who just plays a female he plays a  lesbian who is addicted to bdsm.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I am a RL lady that has always been a lady in SL, would not know how to act as a man, how they think if beyond me.  And, I would not want to date someone that was not a man in RL

Would blow my mind I think, but to each his or her own. Todays world ( speaking of the real world) has gone in my opinion crazy. Oh, but I am just a normal lady I suppose so why am

I in SL I do at times wonder ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, Dreamerra said:

This is true people can be what hey want. But good to be upfront so it does not hurt anyone if they looking for real someone they wanna know what there getting. I don't like to be lied to its a break of trust.

Well, people looking for real need to be honest about THAT up front too.

If they get their hearts broken, its because after the relationship starts,  they decide they want something more than just SL.

• Like 4

finding a RL female that wants to be or is a male here would be amazing. I'd love to try being a female here for someone like that. For me there are several reasons that it would need to be a RL female.  I hope they are out there but zero clue where to find them 

I was born female, but recently realised my gender identity and I am a transgender man. I don't mind a guy playing a girl or vice versa, why not? Torley Linden made that cool years ago.

We can be anything or anyone we want here. Why limit yourself to your assigned gender?

Edited by LennoxGregor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LennoxGregor said:

I was born female, but recently realised my gender identity and I am a transgender man. I don't mind a guy playing a girl or vice versa, why not? Torley Linden made that cool years ago.

We can be anything or anyone we want here. Why limit yourself to your assigned gender?

I have many close Trans friends in RL. Welcome!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, Dreamerra said:

Alright, I keep seeing this and I’m really getting sick of it. You are not entitled to any RL information, including RL gender or trans/cis status, and if you back someone into a corner with questions where refusing to answer effectively answers them anyway then you’re creating the problem just as much as the person “lying” if not more so.

What you need to do, right from the start, is make it clear that this is a big deal for you, so people who don’t want to be stuck in the awful position of choosing between honesty and privacy know to avoid you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Honestly, it really shouldn't matter who's who behind the avatar unless you are on here looking for an RL commitment. Which you shouldn't.. but that's my opinion.

some of the younger generation (not all) who come on here are using second life as a dating/ one-night stand website. 

And they don't realize that second life is FAR from being that. And then there are those who get so deeply immersed into role-play that they take it to the real world. When a lot of their partners they roleplay with are only on here to enjoy and pass time.

And really it's no one business (unless you make it their business) to know what you do, where you live or who you are in RL or your marital status. 

If second life was a dating hook up website there wouldn't be avatars.. there would be dating profiles with long paragraphs of what you are looking for in a partner and boring chatrooms, the daily annoyance of swiping.   

Honesty is what people need on here. If they are on here looking for love.. and you aren't They have no right to pressure you into it. And yes people have feelings behind the avatar. But that doesn't give you the right to force or pressure someone into revealing what they don't want nor have too. So if you get hurt for getting to deep into a person who isn't into you in that kind of way. You learn from that and don't do it again or hold a grudge and blame all of SL.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:55 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I met one once.  "He" pursued and partnered a friend of mine.  Then about a week into their "marriage", he revealed himself to be female in RL and he and his friends all laughed at and taunted my friend for being fooled.  She was humiliated.

Wow!  What a total jerk.  I would usually say I wouldn't care if someone wanted to try and be the other sex, but being a jerk is not okay.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2018 at 2:59 AM, AlexandriaBrangwin said:

I don't think I'd last five minutes without saying something embarrassing or stereotypical based on my perceptions & beliefs about men in general.

I made a male avatar a few years ago.  It felt weird and yeah it didn't last long before someone asked me.  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, Respectful1lady said:

I am a RL lady that has always been a lady in SL, would not know how to act as a man, how they think if beyond me.  And, I would not want to date someone that was not a man in RL

Would blow my mind I think, but to each his or her own. Todays world ( speaking of the real world) has gone in my opinion crazy. Oh, but I am just a normal lady I suppose so why am

I'm not really sure how I would feel if I found out my boyfriend was female in RL.  But I hope that if he treated me right I wouldn't care!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So... 

I guess I'm just an anomaly because 90% of my SL friends that are women RL primarily use male avatars in game. Including the one that introduced me to the SL world to begin with. And with at least two of them, I would have never in a million years guessed until we all got on voice chat one night. Best thing? It really helped me identify just exactly how fluid my sexuality, and just how much gender appearance can affect perception of personality and attraction. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, Respectful1lady said:

Are you looking for an RL relationship on here? If so, Than you have a valid reason to not want to be with someone who isn't a male RL behind their avatar.

And if you aren't. Why would you even care? 

Personally with me. I don't really care who's behind the avatar. I'm not on here looking for anything real life concrete. I just don't see places like this as a place to find a real-life relationship.

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

On 10/24/2018 at 10:40 AM, Cromulence DeGroot said:

Alright, I keep seeing this and I’m really getting sick of it. You are not entitled to any RL information, including RL gender or trans/cis status, and if you back someone into a corner with questions where refusing to answer effectively answers them anyway then you’re creating the problem just as much as the person “lying” if not more so.

What you need to do, right from the start, is make it clear that this is a big deal for you, so people who don’t want to be stuck in the awful position of choosing between honesty and privacy know to avoid you. 

I told a guy that all the info on the RL tab of my main's profile  was absolutely true and he dropped me cold.

I guess he decided I was too old, too ugly, and too fat 

:)

• Haha 2

I have 2 avatars. One is a male, and I have roleplayed with him before and I go on him occasionally. I don't as much anymore because I find the whole mesh body and mesh heads for males to be a big pain in the booty to play with. If I do ever find the time and patience to fix him up again.. I'd probably go on him more often. *Shrug*. It's a nice break to not get hit on when going to places and.. honestly I just like playing as a guy sometimes. Nothing really much to it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, angelomgz said:

I have 2 avatars. One is a male, and I have roleplayed with him before and I go on him occasionally. I don't as much anymore because I find the whole mesh body and mesh heads for males to be a big pain in the booty to play with. If I do ever find the time and patience to fix him up again.. I'd probably go on him more often. *Shrug*. It's a nice break to not get hit on when going to places and.. honestly I just like playing as a guy sometimes. Nothing really much to it.

You wouldn't *have* to invest in mesh bodyparts, but from my experiance its not more difficult than the female counterpart.

True, but I like to stay with the trends :) I'm not sure why, but it's just seems more difficult for me. I guess I should actually try a bit harder and not be so lazy about it.

• Like 1

I used to know a "family" in SL -- they were a group of friends in RL,  on the older side of being old. In RL they were two women and one man, but in SL they each had two avatars, one of each gender.  It was all a bit daffy and sweet, and it never would have fooled anyone, but that wasn't their intention at all. They were uniformly terrible at playing their opposite gender.  But still, they had a huge house, a nice circle of friends, and loads of affection for the people they cared about.

Also... a woman who every few months changed her avatar entirely, going from male to female, and back from female to male a few months later. She talked about how disconcerting this was to her friends, and how disconcerted she felt at their difficulty. Talking to her gave me the same feeling I get when reading Samuel R. Delany.

There was a guy who was very active in Gor, had two male alts, one an assassin and one a scribe (I think) in two different cities. It took me a long while to understand that he was a woman in RL.  I'm pretty sure (but could easily be wrong) that he was seriously into roleplay, and since men in that world have more possibilities than women, he took that character.

• Like 1

You can be a male, female, furry, vampire, etc, etc. Isn't the point of SL that you can do and be things you can't in RL? (or at least one of the biggest selling points).  The only time it matters to me is during cybersex, I still want to know it is an actual female on the other keyboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Langer said:

You can be a male, female, furry, vampire, etc, etc. Isn't the point of SL that you can do and be things you can't in RL? (or at least one of the biggest selling points).  The only time it matters to me is during cybersex, I still want to know it is an actual female on the other keyboard. 

Is female enough? or do you mean a young slim attractive female preferably one that looks like her avatar.

cybersex2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

44 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Is female enough? or do you mean a young slim attractive female preferably one that looks like her avatar.

cybersex2.jpg

ROFLOL!  I am good with just female.  I have no allusions about the person on the other end.  I doubt 1% of avatars look like the person in RL.  Besides, why be on SL if you can't be who you want to be/look like.