MystiSin

Are there many other RL females playing males in SL?

It is no big secret that many of the lovely ladies on SL are guys in real life - I knew that long before I had an SL account as my RL hubby has a female avatar!

Recently I got myself a male avatar (on another account) and it has been way more fun than I imagined it could be!  Possibly because I have a fun RP baby doll who helps me to feel like a real man ;)  Mostly with over the top, politically incorrect gender stereotypes - but it is lots of fun!

Wondering if there are others out there who are female in RL and male in SL and any ideas of places to go to meet other gender swapping couples.

• Like 2

Like The Truth, they are out there, but not that easy to uncover.

I met one once.  "He" pursued and partnered a friend of mine.  Then about a week into their "marriage", he revealed himself to be female in RL and he and his friends all laughed at and taunted my friend for being fooled.  She was humiliated.

In retrospect, I should have twigged to his true nature.  He behaved in ways that, looking back, I could see were not typically male.  At the time though, I simply thought he was a bit of a jerk.  Well, that part at least proved to be thoroughly correct.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I know lots of them, though the ones I know use alts to do it and are females on the main account.  It's a fun way to explore different attitudes or rp.  I don't know of any who are part of a gender-swapping couple - if they are they haven't told me.  Generally I just take people as they represent themselves.

p.s. males playing females tend to have hips way too small and shoulders too big :D

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I met one once.  "He" pursued and partnered a friend of mine.  Then about a week into their "marriage", he revealed himself to be female in RL and he and his friends all laughed at and taunted my friend for being fooled.  She was humiliated.

That is being a jerk, regardless of gender!

I am not interested in deceptions and making people feel humiliated - unless it is an agreed on RP ;) But am more interested in the psychological aspects and finding our hidden shadows - being able to act in ways that we have been culturally conditioned to believe that are not appropriate for our gender.  When using a male alt I am able to be more dominant and sexual than I ever could with my female avatar.  

Best of all, it helps me to understand better why guys like playing girls - it is not always just about the shoes and clothes, and hair and make-up....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, I don't know if anyone's keeping track of it but I've bumped into more than a few in my days going both ways. I don't really mind - SL is about being who you want to be, after all; as long as you don't hurt anyone else in the process. Only thing I can note is that the vast majority of people I do meet and befriend are women, even if I'm not looking for a romantic relationship - heck, I'm the only male in my entire family, and currently there only are about 3-4 men on my contact list, most of whom I communicate with only professionally.

And I do have a female alt myself, for photographic purposes. Occasionally I'll bring that alt to my sister's club to attend a set whilst I'm busy doing something else, or if I just don't want to dance by myself. But I don't really interact with people on that alt, only family members are on her contact list in case they want to reach me when I'm using her for a solo shoot. I'm almost surprised no one has preyed on 'her' when I've taken her shopping yet - some people make it sound as if a woman can't step outside of a parcel with avatars hidden without being sexually harassed or creeped on. Maybe I put too much clothes on her. shrugs.

• Like 3

I have a friend who I won't name out of respect to them and their privacy; who does for reasons I shall not disclose here and they are one my closest friends I have and I do not treat them any differently.

I only have a male alt for the looks. I like customize his avatar to look like a man that I would find attractive. Its a bit like playing with a much cooler, virtual Ken doll. He is also my all time favorite ballroom-buddy: Always dressed well and no "romantic" sudden "roleplay" in IM. He is also ideal for checking out adult places, if I want to spare myself of any guys IMing me. I see him more as a pricy, decorative pet for my main account, than anything else.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MystiSin said:

Wondering if there are others out there who are female in RL and male in SL

yes there are lots of them... but most won't ever reveil it because playing the opposite gender while the other doesn't know is biggest thrill of the thing.

21 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I know lots of them, though the ones I know use alts to do it and are females on the main account.  It's a fun way to explore different attitudes or rp.  I don't know of any who are part of a gender-swapping couple - if they are they haven't told me.  Generally I just take people as they represent themselves.

p.s. males playing females tend to have hips way too small and shoulders too big :D

also too big Boobs and not very female face shape))

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

also too big Boobs and not very female face shape))

using this as criteria you can write off 99% of the females as being female in rl.

• Haha 3

On 9/1/2018 at 9:02 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

This is what it is about for me - not intentionally deceiving people.  It is fun to know that the cute little female is really a guy in RL who wants to be treated like a girl in SL.

If anyone knows a gender swapping couple or knows/is a girl with a guy avi we would love to meet them inworld!

I am not necessarily bisexual in SL but I would be interested in meeting a male avatar, who is a female in RL. Why? Well, it would be interesting and something different. So, if you have a male av and are a female in RL, send a hello to me here or a private message. If you wish to send a IM inworld then a notecard is best, because my IMs get capped at times.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:02 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Maybe true...however I know a lot of RL women with women avis that dont have the anatomy "right" as you describe too

I heard them all, guys who play females will have big shoulders, tiny waists, tiny hips, big booty butt, big boobs, lots of makeup, lots of bling, too much stuff to make it look so convincing that this is what a female is supposed to look like.  That is a cartload of BS.  You can say anything to try to make others think your suspicion that the female is a guy, I had heard many guys say a female is a guy because the female rejected their date offer.

I been accused of being a male, I offer to voice verify and they back off even before we start. Its silly to even bother to convince every doubter, let them think what they want. One's life and time is limited, not to be burdened by disbelievers.

Edited by iamwakingup
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, iamwakingup said:

Maybe true...however I know a lot of RL women with women avis that dont have the anatomy "right" as you describe too

I heard them all, guys who play females will have big shoulders, tiny waists, tiny hips, big booty butt, big boobs, lots of makeup, lots of bling, too much stuff to make it look so convincing that this is what a female is supposed to look like.  That is a cartload of BS.  You can say anything to try to make others think your suspicion that the female is a guy, I had heard many guys say a female is a guy because the female rejected their date offer.

I been accused of being a male, I offer to voice verify and they back off even before we start. Its silly to even bother to convince every doubter, let them think what they want. One's life and time is limited, not to be burdened by disbelievers.

I said they tend to, and I did put in a smiley.  I've been in SL 13 years.  What I said has been my experience, but of course mesh bodies make life easier for wannabes.  Did you miss the part where I said it's a fun way to explore?  Gross distortions like that are just funny to me, not a prompt to out anyone. So BS yourself.  I'm sure you look like that in RL too :D

• Like 1

I've met quite a few, though the majority of the ones I've met identify as trans men, or at least as non-cisgender women to some degree or another. Most of the rest seem to use their male alts for fashion/blogging purposes.

Male avatars run by women are usually better dressed, and own more than two pairs of shoes. 

• Haha 1

I thought about being a RL woman pretending to be a RL male playing a woman in Second Life, just to see what it's like.  I even have an alt I can do this with.

• Haha 3

Sup.

I'm, like, a real lesbian, yo. Sorry guys! ?

Let me know if you fine ladies wanna hook up or sumpin'

[eta]
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to hand out pictures of this guy for some reason.

Richard_Nixon-AB.jpeg

Edited by Jo Bergan
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I said they tend to, and I did put in a smiley.  I've been in SL 13 years.  What I said has been my experience, but of course mesh bodies make life easier for wannabes.  Did you miss the part where I said it's a fun way to explore?  Gross distortions like that are just funny to me, not a prompt to out anyone. So BS yourself.  I'm sure you look like that in RL too :D

I DO LOOK LIKE A GROSS REPRESENTATION EVERY MORNING ??

Then coffee changes me back to my original form and that is no BS.

See my smiley?

Edited by iamwakingup
  • Like 1

After my SL partner died in RL over a year ago.  I have his accounts and have adventured around SL as him.  Really never did anything with anyone.  But I do use them as stunt doubles in my SL adult videos.  *grins*

On 9/4/2018 at 2:59 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I thought about being a RL woman pretending to be a RL male playing a woman in Second Life, just to see what it's like. 

I used to do that!  Because then I didn't get upset when people thought I was a guy playing a girl ;)  But mostly I learned that it really doesn't matter - and to not get jealous of the the guys who are better at acting like girls than I am!