New signup page spotted!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 minutes ago, ClaudiaOoOo said:

will we be able to change just our first name , if we already have a surname ? and im premium is see no furnished option in sl homes options yet, maybe just for brand new people

2 minutes ago, Satsu Faith said:

I see the same too. 

there are no official answers on those questions. The page you see being discussed here was most likely mistakely published. These features arent released.

For more info i recommend you read the forums more frequently, these subject been talked about for several months.

The most recent info you find in the sticky thread here, few answers are at the last pages, or dig deeper in the forums, won't be too difficult to find

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I hope those new “fully furnished homes” were furnished by a professional interior decorator.

I'm afraid that all furniture will be no-mod. So you cannot change anything. :(

For me it has been great fun and interesting pastime to furnish and decorate my present unfurnished Linden home with my own furniture. I can rearrange everything what I have done when ever I wish to do so. That's very interesting activity. If that is not possible in the new Linden homes then what is there actually to do? It will be like living in a hotel. Just sit and look at how things are. Is it Sansar syndrome coming to Second Life? :/ I surely hope it's not!

14 hours ago, ClaudiaOoOo said:

will we be able to change just our first name , if we already have a surname ?

No.  It has already been stated that all name changes will choose a new last name from a list and then you pick any first name you want to go with it as long as the combo is unique. None of the existing last names will ever be on a list.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Satsu Faith said:

Thats what I am afraid too as well. I hope we can change things around.

If the furnishing is no-mod it would be nice if there were two options when taking a house:
1. Fully furnished.
2. Not furnished.
And I do hope that the houses won't be so enormously huge that they would cover the whole 1024 square meters of the parcel. It would be nice to have some land for garden too, for example.

It's funny that LL didn't ask what kind of houses people would like in the new Linden home parcels. Now they just do what they think what people perhaps might like. Anyway, it's interesting to see what comes up.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Coby Foden said:

If the furnishing is no-mod it would be nice if there were two options when taking a house:
1. Fully furnished.
2. Not furnished.
And I do hope that the houses won't be so enormously huge that they would cover the whole 1024 square meters of the parcel. It would be nice to have some land for garden too, for example.

It's funny that LL didn't ask what kind of houses people would like in the new Linden home parcels. Now they just do what they think what people perhaps might like. Anyway, it's interesting to see what comes up.

Those options would be nice and I was thinking about the same thing as well. I hope we can decorate outside and add things.

Imo, fully furnished Linden Homes is a brilliant idea, and my guess is that the furniture will be no-mod, repositionable, and removeable, so that people can put their own in.

I'm letting my imagination wander now, and I'm imagining that a prim, or prims, in the homes will contain the furniture, and the tenant will be able to click to remove or rez it, room by room. When it's rezzed, each piece will be repositionable, and deleteable. That would be a nice system for the homes. Nice for landlords too. I wonder if any do it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I'm letting my imagination wander now, and I'm imagining that a prim, or prims, in the homes will contain the furniture, and the tenant will be able to click to remove or rez it, room by room. When it's rezzed, each piece will be repositionable, and deleteable. That would be a nice system for the homes. Nice for landlords too. I wonder if any do it.

Like all rezzers, it will only work with copy furniture.

:SwingingFriends:

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Haha 1

I know. But a tenant couldn't Take an item, because s/he's not the owner, which raises the question, how can the tenant reposition it? Maybe repositioning would be out, and it would be a case of 'this is where it is, take it or leave it'. Or each item could be scripted to be repositionable from menus.

Edited by Phil Deakins

10 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I know. But a tenant couldn't Take an item, because s/he's not the owner, which raises the question, how can the tenant reposition it? Maybe repositioning would be out, and it would be a case of 'this is where it is, take it or leave it'.

Via script, maybe? A bit like the way you can reposition houses that come in a rezbox.

I'm guessing you will be able to select furnishings in much the same way as you select textures with the current Linden Homes by way of the website. My fear is that it will be an all or nothing option and that once placed you won't be able to move the furniture around. The obvious method would be a rezzer hidden under the floor or just invisible and phantom. Said rezzer would have options as to which deco scheme to rez. 

I'm also guessing that all vacant homes will have the furniture rezzed. So if you have a lot of vacant homes you won't be able to tell that the homes are vacant.

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I built a fully functioning system that does this over 5 years ago. I never ended up using it however as I couldn't find a builder at the time to design the houses and furniture (and yes I know I could have bought stuff but I wanted everything to be custom made for this project)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe they will burn and raze the existing Premium homes for the new offering.

Oh no! :S  I love my present two stories Linden home. Total of 1024 square meters space to furnish (512 down, 512 up). It would be cool to be able move it to the new 1024 square meter parcels. Then I would have that spacious house taking up 512 square meters of land space, and 512 square meters of land for garden. That would be perfect for me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Oh no! :S  I love my present two stories Linden home. Total of 1024 square meters space to furnish (512 down, 512 up). It would be cool to be able move it to the new 1024 square meter parcels. Then I would have that spacious house taking up 512 square meters of land space, and 512 square meters of land for garden. That would be perfect for me.

My guess is that the move will involve picking a new house.  It has been said many times that the LL houses are dated and prim heavy, thus I seriously doubt that they'll have the same houses available in the new setup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 5:07 AM, Phil Deakins said:

Sounds a lot like how PrimPossible multi-item furniture works.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:07 AM, Phil Deakins said:

Imo, fully furnished Linden Homes is a brilliant idea, and my guess is that the furniture will be no-mod, repositionable, and removeable, so that people can put their own in.

Oh thanks @Love Zhaoying for highlighting this,,,

It is called a "Holodeck rezzer" by the Hobo community and they have been around for ages, your steadfast refusal to sell compatible furniture might have made you ignorant to them though ... Or did your ignorance about them make you refuse to sell compatible furniture? We will never know....

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

@Fionalein

Yes you will know. That type of rezzer has been around a very long time. I first tried one out not all that long after I joined SL. It had no influence whatsoever on my decision not to sell copyable furniture. Why did you bring my decision about it into this thread? A silly attempt at stirring?

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.