New signup page spotted!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/6/2018 at 12:09 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

Are you serious? The skins are lovely and the mesh clothes well-made. The only way they could be better is if the starter avs included appliers for mesh hands or bodies. 

Dead serious. The white people's faces are so pale they seem like they are sick or drug addicts. The people of color look too pale. All of them have weird hair and their outfits are strange and have weird roundness to them like cartoons.

Always amazing to me that people defy logic and common sense in SL.

13 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

Can confirm, just got a blood test saying I'm lacking vitamin D.

Buy some liquid drops and put it in your coffee/tea each day - no taste.  I don't absorb it well, so even though I go outside a lot, I was deficient in vitamin D. I kept upping the amount of drops until my D level finally got into the acceptable range.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

A few days ago it seems to have reverted back to the old signup page which is what you are seeing.

I checked it quite soon after this thread and i got the same page as Drake1 Nightfire. I later also posted asking that same, but i guess my post wasn't understood. Still wondering where that page was where you got pictures. xD

On 9/8/2018 at 6:16 AM, Ansiri said:

I checked it quite soon after this thread and i got the same page as Drake1 Nightfire. I later also posted asking that same, but i guess my post wasn't understood. Still wondering where that page was where you got pictures. xD

The day I started this thread I actually saw the old page, refreshed and saw the new page. Once I saw the new page I refreshed a few more times to see what I would get and I kept getting the new page. Wonder what happened to it now though...

3 hours ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

The day I started this thread I actually saw the old page, refreshed and saw the new page. Once I saw the new page I refreshed a few more times to see what I would get and I kept getting the new page. Wonder what happened to it now though...

LL was probably doing a brief test and you just happen to catch it - my guess anyway, since 1024 homes are definitely not yet ready.

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Hmmm.  They've only got 2 pages to choose from - Classic and Fantasy, and they're all humanoid.  Pretty sure there used to be at least one furry type and a robot.  This is not progress.

Maybe they will be replaced by higher-quality furry type and robot? Like, those sad avatars with the tired-looking rings around their eyes are higher quality? I imagine a scruffy fur and bashed-up robot.

5 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Well, they forgot to mention again one important thing. Which is:
"Please note that your username is your avatar's name. Everybody inworld will see that name on your avatar. So please create sensible name instead of some rubbish."

So the creation of rubbish names will continue, because people will think that they can change it on the fly when logged in. :(

:ph34r:(Or maybe this is intentional, not giving the proper information what the account name actually is, as LL is planning to allow name changes for a fee plus with premium membership requirement. The more rubbish names there are, the more potential name changers there will be.)

6 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Well, they forgot to mention again one important thing. Which is:
"Please note that your username is your avatar's name. Everybody inworld will see that name on your avatar. So please create sensible name instead of some rubbish."

So the creation of rubbish names will continue, because people will think that they can change it on the fly when logged in. :(

:ph34r:(Or maybe this is intentional, not giving the proper information what the account name actually is, as LL is planning to allow name changes for a fee plus with premium membership requirement. The more rubbish names there are, the more potential name changers there will be.)

That was my thinking too. I think I posted it recently. It's not as though LL hasn't heard our concerns about it, so I have to think that it's intentional, which, imo, is underhanded, and even unscrupulous.

It's a good reminder of why I wouldn't lift a finger to help LL. In recent years, things have been a bit better from them, but this, imo, is reverting to type by shafting new users.

Edited by Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.