New signup page spotted!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Before "invite friends on your first day" it says "Fully furnished home and land", which has to be the Linden homes. Those don't come furnished do they? Perhaps the signup is referring to the new version of Linden homes. The footnote says "some homes and land can only be visited by those 18 years and older". I didn't think any of the Linden homes were on adult regions, but I rarely go near them. If LL is referring to the ability to buy land, buy a house, furnish it, etc. then they're being very optimistic about newbies ability to do all that on their first day.

Still, it's better than the last time I saw the SL signup process (about 1.5 years ago).

• Like 1

That fully furnished stuck out for me too. So it seems likely that the NEW 1024 Linden home may come furnished (likely an option as not everyone would want furniture) and it also seems likely since this page just went up that SSP's 384 sims have something to do with this?  BUT those aren't done yet so where are those FURNISHED homes?

Laughing here. Maybe hey plunked them all down tonight while we were busily watching SSP land LOL.   

Someone go make and alt and let us know LOL.

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

All land above General rating requires that the user be 18+ and from recent threads... Most if not all of the Linden Home areas are Mature rated with a smattering of General. 

All the Linden homes I’ve ever had were General. I’m sure they didn’t offer Mature back then.

9 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

It looks good. Fast not flash. Maybe LL should start some ad campaigns. There are people out there that have no idea what SL is. Call it Fortnite without a giant storm killing you.

I've actually started seeing ads for SL pop up recently (within the 2 weeks or thereabouts).

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

What it doesn't include, and it's a bad omission, is state that your username will be your avatar's name inworld, so choose it carefully.

Good point, didn't think of that... The old signup page asked you to enter your avatar's name making it a little more obvious this is the name you will go by in world. A username could be anything, some websites ask you to pick a username for logging in then once you are in you create your avatar's name and people might think SL is like this (then again maybe that is what they want people doing so they use the nickname instead?).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

All the Linden homes I’ve ever had were General. I’m sure they didn’t offer Mature back then.

I've had mine for a few years now and cannot tell you if the sim was General or not when I first moved in but .... It shows as Mature right now.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 6:59 PM, Blush Bravin said:

As far as I can remember all the regions where the Linden homes are located are designated as moderate.

Indeed so, in the continent where I have my Linden home all the regions are moderate. Not a single general region in sight there.

On 9/1/2018 at 7:01 PM, Solar Legion said:

I've had mine for a few years now and cannot tell you if the sim was General or not when I first moved in but .... It shows as Mature right now.

By the way, the present content ratings are: General, Moderate, Adult. And have been for long time so.
Mature rating does not exist any more.

2 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Are you serious?

usual i don't share Prok's opinions, but really can think about anything what's wrong with this one...
the starters are a lot better than in the past, but please ditch it asap when you enter the world.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

usual i don't share Prok's opinions, but really can think about anything what's wrong with this one...
the starters are a lot better than in the past, but please ditch it asap when you enter the world.

The pictures LL have chosen don't do them any favors, but the skins themselves are very lovely for free - and there's something for practically every skin tone. I'd suggest a mini tutorial on altering your shape to make your facial features look a little different than others, but the skins themselves are not bad. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.