MajikVixen Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 hours ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

Looking for a region that will be abandoned so I can put it in my picks and have it display "Loading..."  I have other things I want to put in my picks that probably shouldn't be affiliated with anything.  Feel free to contact me privately, if you wish.

Thanks!

the whole thing about picks IS about places, your other likings are meant to put in the other fields on the profile or use your feed?

Just a abandoned region will not give you the desired words.

4 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

the whole thing about picks IS about places

A lot, if not the bulk, of people who use picks use them for friends, rp rules, funny jokes, portions of chatlogs.

As an avid profile watcher, surprisingly few people actually just carry ads for venues there. Some do sure, but more often then not it's words of admiration for those close.

16 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

A lot, if not the bulk, of people who use picks use them for friends, rp rules, funny jokes, portions of chatlogs.

As an avid profile watcher, surprisingly few people actually just carry ads for venues there. Some do sure, but more often then not it's words of admiration for those close.

yes i know, thats why i posted :)

it's a bit like groups... not meant to be used as it is now.

most of us know what time/efford it was for LL to get thát work smoother and more reliable, pretty sure it will be that way with picks too, and if you don't want a related location to the pick, create it at public Linden lands...?

Edited by Ethan Paslong

Hey, I wasn't trying to be, uhm, rude or anything.  I just think it's cool to have that "Loading..." feature in the picks.  See, if I really like a place, I put it in my blog, and then I put links in that "Loading..." profile spot to the different blog posts about MANY different places - not just 10!  I put all the proper pix and links and descriptions + more stuff like Destination Guide stuff in the blog posts (the picks section is limited on how many characters you can put in there, a blog isn't).  :) 

And truth be told, the "Loading..." thing is personal... it makes me feel like I present myself as well traveled and, well, old, like my account is  ...Because the current 2 "Loading..." spots I have in there now are actually from places I loved back in the day, that are unfortunately gone now.  I realize half the fun is finding these places by myself... but I was just curious if anyone else was on the same wavelength and would be willing to help me out.

Thankies! ♥

54 minutes ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

...Because nobody answered it... I don't think anyone would look in the answers section to answer something... and I couldn't add a reply to it to keep it bumped up in the wanted section so it wasn't forgotten about.

If you create a new one in a new location after the Mods moved this one, you are inviting an official forum warning and possible short term ban.

As to your question -- just go wander along the Mainland looking for Abandoned parcels.  They are all over the freakin place.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Well, I thought "Wanted" was a fine place for it.  (Hi Violet!)  In a way, I'm responsible for this post.

Violet noticed that some people have Picks that, rather than a location, say "Loading".  This is because the region that is referenced in the Pick no longer exists.  She asked me how she, too, could have this rare and wonderful notation in her Picks. 

The only idea I was able to come up with was to suggest she find a region that is due to go away soon, and go create a Pick for that place.

If anyone knows of such a region, or a better way to do what Violet wants, we'd both be grateful for your help.

(No, not THAT grateful!  Down, I say!)

I like to be more creative with my picks. I always go to Ahab's Haunt to create a new pick, then I like to go to fun places, like the top of Crow's Nest Lighthouse in Blake Sea, or the hidden underwater treasure cave on the west side of Barbarosa Island and Info Hub and then reset the location of the TP button in those picks.

I know that 99.99999999% of people who look at picks will never actually tap the TP button, but still. :D

Edited by Alyona Su

27 minutes ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

because it's so hard to do

it's not hard to do at all ... just need a few dimes

buy a sim

create a pic (or a few)

abandon it/hand back to LL

done.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

Yup.  That's definitely a way to get it accomplished.  However, I can barely afford the sim I currently own, plus all the RL expenses I have, LOL.  A couple hundred dollars for a pick, just isn't a viable option for me right now.  ...So I was thinking that if someone else was just happening to go ahead and do this anyway with their sim... I'd like to maybe, you know, take advantage of that opportunity, if I could.

Just an idea - In return, I would be willing to make a special link to my blog about you and/or your place and how you helped me out with this odd request, if you would like.  ...So that way, if it's a case of something like you needing to leave SL, but wanting your awesomeness to be immortalized, I promise I will be good and tell ppl about you.  

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I like to be more creative with my picks. I always go to Ahab's Haunt to create a new pick, then I like to go to fun places, like the top of Crow's Nest Lighthouse in Blake Sea, or the hidden underwater treasure cave on the west side of Barbarosa Island and Info Hub and then reset the location of the TP button in those picks.

I know that 99.99999999% of people who look at picks will never actually tap the TP button, but still. :D

Oh, darn.  I wish I had thought of this back when Mount Ga'al still had the deadly lava.  I'd've used a spot 10m above the caldera in all my Picks.

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Violet noticed that some people have Picks that, rather than a location, say "Loading".  This is because the region that is referenced in the Pick no longer exists.  She asked me how she, too, could have this rare and wonderful notation in her Picks. 

The only idea I was able to come up with was to suggest she find a region that is due to go away soon, and go create a Pick for that place.

18 hours ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

A sim about to be abandoned is.

Ahh, so not anywhere close to what I was originally thinking.  Given Lindal's description, a Mainland sim will not do at all.  Even when parcels are abandoned on the Mainland (or even a whole Mainland sim), the SLURL stays valid, thus it would never change to 'Loading..'. You will need a Private Region that someone is about ready to let go.  That will likely make it much harder to find.

18 minutes ago, BlueVioletVixen Lorefield said:

MmMmm.  It would be nice to be taken seriously, but I see we've hit the point of no answers, so the making fun of part has ensued.  Nice.

Well, even if nobody has any offers yet, the wise-crack posts do at least keep your thread up on the current list.

Ha!  Answers is where you get answers!  They may not be useful, but you get 'em!

And hey...I just thought of two forums where you might actually find what you are looking for.   The links below are where people advertise private estate regions for sale.  I would imagine that some of them get tired of waiting for a buyer and abandon their regions.  I'm not sure if it would be better to post in those forums, or to contact sellers individually with your request, though.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/284-regions-for-sale-full-private-island/

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/285-regions-for-sale-homesteads/

Hey!  Yes, thank you!  I have actually been checking those forums since the very beginning of this post.  A couple of my potential picks are there from them.  

I did just put something in the land wanted section too.  No idea if that will work.  I'm actually paranoid now that the forum gods will get pissed at me and ban me for posting this everywhere.  :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.