Thinking About Left Imvu ....and More active on SL

Antashi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm totally biased but I'd suggest doing so, SL is just superior in many technical and even non-technical aspects compared to IMVU. I've seen some IMVU users who got discouraged because of SL's complexity compared to IMVU, but that's not a bad thing considering how much more you can potentially do on SL

• Like 2

I tried IMVU  years ago,so I'm not sure how it is now..

I was only in it for about 30 minutes though to be honest..I just couldn't stand that I couldn't move around on my own..

So really I guess i never gave it much of a chance after that..but dancing and moving around is a big part of what I like in virtual worlds..

I guess it depends on what you like most and then choose which one wins..That or just do both still :)

I tried IMVU back when M was around and screwing up SL.  I tried quite a few alternatives then.  But what I didn't care for with IMVU was not really being able to actually move.  A lot of it (for me at the time), seemed to be hopping from one poseball to another,  Yes they animated you, but there was no actual walking from one place to another even within an instance.  SL allows me to act in a more realistic way and do many more things.   

I think I gave it a fair assessment.  I played around in it for a good 2 months.

Edited by Sandy Schnook

• 2 months later...

Yes, I'd say come to SL. As a IMVU user for 6 years straight, I can assure you that SL is better. More customization for your avatar and no stupid upload KB limit, be creative in what you make. If you lag, just simply adjust your settings, which have way more adjustability then IMVU. IMVU also, from my 6 year experience, has a  💩 ton more community drama then SL. WHICH IS WHY I LEFT.

tl:dr = SL is better.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:19 PM, Antashi said:

I m Very active user on IMVU. After use SL thinking about left IMVU and more active here. What you think?

Used to be very active on IMVU with 52 bans. It is probably better now, the former community manager which starts with 'V' ends with 'arsha' was highly biased with bans to cater to this Christian SJW lady (who was 55 years old), I had lolipop mesh that had its promotional picture taken down because it looks like cigarette, and also pictures of cigarette butts is also adult. 

That was the old administration IMVU had, it is probably better now but I stopped uploading there, the bureaucratic hurdle was too much. 

As a user I would say SL offers a better experience, LL doesn't fly over your head constantly like a helicopter 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2018 at 6:53 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I found out that There is back, under new management.

Not very back. The web site still says "©2011 Makena Technologies, Inc."

More new players are entering the metaverse business. Venture capitalists are writing about it again.

Amusing comment by a VC:

"This is not new either. Second Life has been around since 2003, has over 30m registered users of which about 500k are active monthly. Alas, it has not become mainstream, doesn’t have tournament prize pools of $30m, millions watching and generally speaking is not considered “cool” in high-school."  (Ref.)

This is why I keep pushing on performance issues. SL's speed problems are fixable. Not easily. Maybe not by the current team with the current budget. But fixable. Yes, many of the older SL users are not happy about kids moving in, but that's where the market is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.