Is there a voice morphing choice close to Kathleen Turner's sound?

AmandaHoliday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've tried the standard list of female voice morphing choice, and they are all too high, alto or high soprano. My desired voice is a little deeper than that, like Kathleen Turner. and I'm willing to try a tenor if I don't have to do it blind. No rush, since I still have neither figured out how to get the premium voice morphing nor have a working headset anymore. The old one went in the trash when it quit working. Still, I'd like to have some information to know if possible.

3 answers to this question

I second Rolig's suggestion of the Screaming Bee MorphVoxPro software.  But you should realize the limitations of ANY voice morphing software.

• It's not great at making a male voice sound female, or vice versa.  Morphing software does a much better job at creating "fantasy" voices...voices for elves or giants or robots, that people don't expect to sound completely natural.
  • There is a slight lag between what you say, and when it is heard.  This isn't a problem, unless the speaker and the listener are the same person.  And what that means is, it's very hard to listen to yourself.  You start to speak.  A half second later, you hear your voice.  You instinctively start to slow down, to match what you are saying to what you are hearing.  In about three or four seconds, you find yourself trailing off into silence.  To prevent this, the software mutes your own voice in your speakers/headphones so that you don't hear yourself.
  • With practice, most people can create their own fantasy or opposite-gender voices, and they can sound much more believable than the output of a morphing program.  And you never have to wonder, "Is this thing on?"
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One letter makes so much difference... on... in...

Humans are so used to hearing and identifying voices and faces it is very hard to fool them. However, raising or lowering the tone of a voice is fairly simple. So, as with many things, less is better. Use as little change as possible to have it sound more realistic.

Premium members can go get a voice-morph. There is an island where you can try them out. You speak a phrase, it catches it, and then plays it back.

The SL morphs are drastic. No subtlety involved. I think they, the SL voices, are intended to be more of a funny toy than a serious spoof.

So, you probably won't hear any celebrities using them as a serious disguise. 

Celebrity voice impersonators do some amazing impersonations. So, it is possible to change your voice with practice. Whether raising or lowering pitch, accent, whatever your imitations will likely be more realistic than the voice morph.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.