why is my avatar different

JoshuaScott Ronas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i logged on a new comptuer with viewer 2 at first everything was smooth than i teleported to a beach, everything seemed fine to me than i got lots of ims saying that my avi had breasts, they took pic and sent me so i had someone help me with it. i tried wearn noob items tan resettn cachce and restarn game well that worked until i teleported again same thing happend again and now i have no clue what to do and apparently im not first one whos experienced this. I think it has something to do with viewer 2 cause i can play on others just fine, maybe someone can look into this. It took me 3 hours to fix it first time; im on Second life to have fun not work, i dont like wasting my time trying to fix things, I got enough in life as it is without trying to fix all this crap. If someone could look into this bug id very much appreciate it. I dont want someone to tell me i have to go through something else, im just askn for someone to look into viewer 2 or perhaps telling me excatly what is wrong cause no matter how many times i try to fix the problem it just keeps coming back.

1 answer to this question

It's hard to say what causes it, but it is fairly painless to cure, at least temporarily. In Viewer 2: Develop (CTRL+Alt+Q) > Avatar > Character Tests > Test Male/Female.  That will set your avatar back to factory settings as a newbie.  Then add your favorie shape/skin/outfits/HUDs to get back to normal again.  For peace of mind, I have all of that stuff saved in a folder marked "Emergency ME" that I can just drag onto myself and reconvert instantly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.