HUDs...

QueenBich Carolina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

These are invisible scripted prims the others are wearing. You can create one yourself, it's easy.

Search Market Place for "Notecard Giver" - and on the left choose the SCRIPTS category. There are many notecard giver scripts that are free.

Then, create a sphere and put a notecard and that script inside it. While you edit that sphere, go to the GENERAL tab and stretch it a bot larger, maybe twice the default size. Then right-click and choose TAKE. it goes into your inventory.

In your inventory, right-click on it and choose ATTACH TO - and choose STOMACH (as an example) - you will now se a wooden sphere attached to your stomach. Right-click on the sphere and choose EDIT. Then go to TEXTURE tab and set the transparency to 100%. Close the Edit wondow.

Now left-click on your belly. You should be offered a notecard

That is how it works. :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

These are invisible scripted prims the others are wearing. You can create one yourself, it's easy.

Search Market Place for "Notecard Giver" - and on the left choose the SCRIPTS category. There are many notecard giver scripts that are free.

Then, create a sphere and put a notecard and that script inside it. While you edit that sphere, go to the GENERAL tab and stretch it a bot larger, maybe twice the default size. Then right-click and choose TAKE. it goes into your inventory.

In your inventory, right-click on it and choose ATTACH TO - and choose STOMACH (as an example) - you will now se a wooden sphere attached to your stomach. Right-click on the sphere and choose EDIT. Then go to TEXTURE tab and set the transparency to 100%. Close the Edit wondow.

Now left-click on your belly. You should be offered a notecard

That is how it works. :)

Thank you for responding and trying to help :) At the risk of sounding completely retarded, I still dont quite understand lol I have a bento blow up mouth that is HUD controlled and I want to somehow attach the hud to my body so that others may click that area to control my HUD themselves... do you know how to do this?

I'm not familiar with that product. Here's the issue: a HUD is specifically designed to be attached to your screen; the reason it won;t work the way you intended it is that 1) it will be TINY, too small for people to see it, most likely, much less be able to click on it and 2) as a HUD it likely has the default "permissions" of Owner-Only; meaning it won't work for anyone else.

The only way to do what you want to do is to create a wearable invisible prim that, when clicked, brings a menu with buttons that offer the same functionality as the HUD - and permissions have to be for Group-Only, Owner-Only, and Everyone (the last one, at least) - so you may need to ask the creator if they can make that for you. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.