Sign in to follow this  
pink Clarity

Spring, Romance and Relationship in SL

Finally we are in spring, warmer weather, flower blooms and the earth seems growing. In SL you can see so many sims in spring theme, make your heart light and happy. And in this beautiful scene, have you ever experiences spring romance? how is it? is it growing like the real spring or it is end like a fling?

Share your thought and experiences, please. I'm doing it for a survey on an article about SL. Thank you so much

I hate spring almost as much as I hate summer.

I am sad to see the winter go and am not at all looking forward to hot sunny sticky smelly days.

I like the flowers coming back and nature being in bloom, I like that ice cream and cold coca cola tastes even better.

But that is about it.

I dislike pretty much everything else releated to this time of year and never understood why some people don't.

The good thing about spring and summer in SL is that it is not as bad as in RL.

But I'm probably visiting a few snowy and rainy sims when it gets too hot in RL.

Short nights, sun shining into bedroom too early, annoying birds singing in the morning, people walking around half naked, windows open every where so you can hear other people their horrible music, etc, etc.

No sorry, I'm missing winter already.

Jo Yardley wrote:

I hate spring almost as much as I hate summer.

I am sad to see the winter go and am not at all looking forward to hot sunny sticky smelly days.

I like the flowers coming back and nature being in bloom, I like that ice cream and cold coca cola tastes even better.

But that is about it.

I dislike pretty much everything else releated to this time of year and never understood why some people don't.

The good thing about spring and summer in SL is that it is not as bad as in RL.

But I'm probably visiting a few snowy and rainy sims when it gets too hot in RL.

Short nights, sun shining into bedroom too early, annoying birds singing in the morning, people walking around half naked, windows open every where so you can hear other people their horrible music, etc, etc.

LOL, Jo, you know what? I love your style! :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:

I haven't even started yet!

Summer... just some annoying months when I can't go out wearing my lovely long coat, silk stockings, gloves, hat, etc!

hahahaha !   Loved your post too, Jo!   :-)

Well... I don't much care for summer myself,  unless I'm on vacation somewhere.  I don't like 100 degree weather,  and you can only take off so many clothes,  without being indecent! 

To the OP,

Spring I do like ... it's not too hot yet,  I personally enjoy the birds singing ...  the smells of flowers blooming in the air.  (pipe in pretty music here) ...    but,  I do not think it has changed my outlook on romance in SL.    I never understood the spring fever thing in RL either...    I always thought there was more inspiration in the winter,  when it's cold and you end up cuddled together. 

I love the spring.  The apple tree in the back in bloom is just the start of it.  My son was born in April and my daughter in May.  That is enough for me to love this time of year.  Young girls in bright colored dresses.  Boys on their bikes.  Life is moving on; either live it or watch it pass you by.

Well, never my intention to upsetting anyone, since I also will never experience spring romance in real.

Last time I explored SL, so many places offering spring scene/theme and I've seen couples dancing or cuddling. So I'm curious, what make spring so different?

How a season can influence someone feeling?

(How cruel I am, never thought that winter cold can be very romantic with sitting in front of fireplace, sharing a blanket, eyes very close to each other...........living in equator make me missed that poin cos seems we always in heat in here)

I  love spring in both worlds.. In SL it is  time  to pack away al the winter things and redo our sim for spring flowers and trees and the water is so0o0 pretty. sail boats and lots of  fluffy  clouds. As for romance sure Rhett and I have a  big   plan for this spring and we are excited abttSo yeah  spring in SL  is wonderful.... romance and beauty abounds!

Now in real  I love it also... new wheat crops coming  up and loads of  calves being born  everything on the farm renews and   is reborn again.. the  fruit trees are blooming with a promise of jams  and canning ahead.. weeds are sprouting  up reminding me  i need  to get ready to mow again and everything is just perfect to me....  but is something abt the  smell in the springtime air that   puts a smile on my face each  day!!  :smileyvery-happy:

When you are newly in love, everything looks Spring to you even when your world turned tangerine in a sandstorm. The aftermath dirt on your car and backyard will look at lot like two bodies entwined together in a throes of passionate embrace and the air smell like coffee freshly brewed... but sadly you will have to clean them away because your asthmatic cat will die of pneumonia if you don't.

In SL, I would love dancing on a beautiful oriental bridge and cuddling underneath a willow tree planted next to a small  but steadfast river stream just because willows thrives around waters. We'll have the sound of crickets and nightingales at night, and lovely butterflies and soft flowing grass in daylight. The air would be open for moonlight gazing and the day for celebrating the new morning sun. We'll have a picnic mat wine and cheese for our avatars to enjoy while we disagreed on the subject of whether we should call Soy milk as Soy Juice as he would aptly put it "there ain't no nipples to milk"...( I'll pretend to lose, of course).

After that, I will spent many hours with my one and only with the perfect kabuki cuddle, as he lay his head on my chest and me running my stiff fingers across his soft hair wasting the hours away talking about the real world we were in, our worries, our fear, our happiness or just me asking for forgiveness for my childish behaviour that I know he didn't deserve in the first place but too stubborn to admit... When all is well and done, we would then proceed to dancing on the bridge while we both would be thinking if there could possibly be a better place like this in RL without having to worry about snakes and bears coming out from their hibernation.

Spring... :smileyhappy:! The time for everyone to enjoy, and with the right person.. even for the pessimist like me.

i never experienced a romance because of a season, meeting someone special and develop romantic feelings can happen at any time of year.

romance and spring may be related to animal instincts, when they go out of hibernation and prepare themselves to leave a new generation thats gonna grow up during the summer and fall and hibernate the next winter, humans should have that instinct too, but we have bend the rules and mating can happen any season.

Cali Souther wrote:

Spring I do like ... it's not too hot yet,  I personally enjoy the birds singing
(but not starting at 5:00 a.m.!)
...  the smells of flowers blooming in the air.
(yeah, and all this pollen that makes you sneeze all day and turn your eyes to an awful red colour)
  (pipe in pretty music here) ...    but,  I do not think it has changed my outlook on romance in SL.    I never understood the spring fever thing in RL either...    I always thought there was more inspiration in the winter,  when it's cold and you end up cuddled together. 

I do find the winter more appealing to cuddles and romance under a warm blanket by the fireplace. And, most of all, the winter outfits hiding these ugly angles on the wrists and ankles!

No spring romance for me, tyvm. I wasted a whole lot of money on a trip to the US of A last spring, all because I didn't have my hormones under control. Utter madness for a sociophobic shut-in. Still, I made it to London and somehow back home again, through one endless panic attack. What a bleeping nightmare.

But it could have been worse. Some people end up in a miserable marriage with a bunch of loud-mouthed, ill-mannered and ugly kids that come after their mother, who is rapidly gaining weight and has a permanent migraine. It's amazing what trouble hormones can get you into. It's probably best to just ignore them.

PS: I'll have to go with "it is end like a fling".

Jo Yardley wrote:

I completely agree. I'm not really missing the winter; personally, I rather prefer the late autumn with its pretty colors and mild temperatures around 15°C. But I have nothing nice to say about the summer. I'd rather turn the radiator on than listen to my noisy A/C (I have no idea how I survived without A/C until two years ago) and breathe stale, filtered air all day long, unable to open a window, not only because of the unberable heat, but also because everyone is out on the street or in their backyards, squawking and chattering at a volume that gives me the impression they were standing right next to me.

It sounds like a scene from an animal planet documentation, the maddening chattering of monkeys and the strange warbles of exotic water birds. Although a look out of the window quickly changes the impression to hippos and walruses during mating season. If you leave the house, you can't take a jacket and don't know what to do with your keys, your iPhone, your Kindle, your three packs of kleenex (it's hay fever season), and all the other things that a modern hunter and gatherer needs to survive out in the urban jungle.

As soon as you enter a shop, you wish you had brought your jacket despite the pizza oven temperatures outside, along with winter boots and thermal underwear. I mean, I appreciate that German supermarkets have finally discovered air conditioning, it sure took them long enough. But is it really necessary to turn the place into a giant fridge? I've seen cashiers sit there wearing scarfs and gloves. But despite the cold, most customers manage to sweat like a priest in a playground, and very few of them seem to be familiar with deodorant.

I mean, it's bad enough for a sociophobe when someone breathes down my neck in the line at the checkout, without them starting to drip on my shoulder and add germophobia to my growing neurosis collection. We have a safety zone in our street traffic regulations, so why can't there be one for shoppers and pedestrians? I believe it would reduce crime by at least 30% if you forced people to respect each other's private sphere, and keep a distance to one another that makes it impossible to grab someone's wallet. It would also greatly lower infection risks. But I'm getting off topic. I entirely agree that summer is the worst time of the year.

valerie Inshan wrote:

and all this pollen that makes you sneeze all day and turn your eyes to an awful red colour)

this :smileysad: *meows*

in favor of spring, i like that you can reach the exact temperature that is not too hot or too cold, just perfect, and nature look its best, flowers show off their prettiest colors, birds sing vigorously, and the grass where you can sit looks with a radiant green, and we say goodbye to the leafless sticks on trees, trees get full of new leaves and prepare to give us a cool shadow, i think is actually the prettiest season of the year.