Dakota Linden

Friendly Reminder - Sharing Experiences

Greetings all!

Just a friendly reminder that the Role Play forum is for discussions regarding your experiences in Second Life with regards to Role Playing. 

This including ANY type of Role Play, but your posts and discussions MUST comply with the Community Guidelines

No Naming & Shaming

No Advertising your Role Play locations

No Adult Content

Personal ads are currently not being moderated, but this could change at any time, as they are, technically, off topic.  If you are looking for specific types of role playing in Second Life, I would strongly encourage everyone to turn your post into a discussion about what you are looking for, instead of just posting that you are looking. 

Cheers~

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, RaynaGreyskull said:

I posted something here, but im new and don't understand a lot did I post in the wrong place?

kinda

On 8/29/2018 at 5:07 PM, Dakota Linden said:

Personal ads are currently not being moderated, but this could change at any time, as they are, technically, off topic.  If you are looking for specific types of role playing in Second Life, I would strongly encourage everyone to turn your post into a discussion about what you are looking for, instead of just posting that you are looking. 

but as you read it was no capital offence ;) if you broaden your topic to a "How do you guys find friends?" sort of question you should be fine

Edited by Fionalein

8 minutes ago, RaynaGreyskull said:

and how do I do that? I've never been on the forum before

Within the first 24 hours you can edit your own posts by clicking "edit" after that period they get locked. And always remember most of us will be your fellow residents, only the account "Linden Lab" and those with a last name of "Linden" are official Lab accounts.

I shared an incident of being dealt with unfairly by admins on an RP sim without naming anyone. I hope that is OK vis-a-vis Linden Labs rules. If not, would a Linden Labs staff member contact me and if required, I will remove it.

47 minutes ago, Borelek said:

I shared an incident of being dealt with unfairly by admins on an RP sim without naming anyone. I hope that is OK vis-a-vis Linden Labs rules. If not, would a Linden Labs staff member contact me and if required, I will remove it.

If in doubt, you might want to censor yourself.  If you leave it up to the Lab to decide you will find out it is against the rules with a warning, the post's removal and possible temporary bans from the forums and in world.

1 hour ago, Borelek said:

#1 - Nope, not allowed.  Specifically naming a group or location is no different than naming specific people - at least when complaining here in the forums.

#2 - You cannot actually remove your thread.  The best you can do is Edit it and modify the title and post itself - each must have at least one character.  Or you could report the thread yourself, requesting deletion.