Who are you? We want to know

Dakota Linden

"It’s easy to make friends in Second Life. Discuss the best ways to connect to other Residents."

The best ways to connect to other residents are via groups and going to events of all kinds. So long as you are open to talking to others, you are bound to find folks of like mind. I have made so many amazing friendships in SL across groups and interests. All you have to do is put yourself out there. :)

As for who I am, I have been a resident of SL since 2007. I have done all kinds of things, you name it I have probably done it. Currently I spend a good deal of my available time with my partner who I have an incredible amount of things in common with. I also work as the General Manager for Wicca's Wardrobe and VISIONAIRE Institute of SL Photography. I enjoy role play in a variety of genres and using SL to create. For me creation takes the form of images, writing, and videos. I am currently working on improving my machinima skills, so I hope to have videos up soon!

Edited by Faythe Rechel
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Siouxie Connors here. I've been in SL for nearly 6 months now (I was persuaded to come here to DJ by my SL Partner).

I've been DJing here more or less since day 1 of arrival, and was pleased to get selected to play at the SL16 Birthday Bash, and the upcoming Rock Your Rack event to raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. I'm a co-owner of the Matrix of Musick SIM (https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/White%20Bay/192/45/24 ) which contains our Club ||THE SOURCE||,  and just this last weekend we held our own charity event (with the assistance of TDDI Productions) to raise money for the Suicide Prevention Awareness Lifeline. We have a multitude of fun activities, including the club, an outdoor concert area, a fun fairgrounds area with free rides and games that award prizes, a game room with playable arcade and table games, a planetarium, and you can visit the Moon. Our latest most recent updates to the SIM are a roof pool area and a bowling alley - we like to try to make it FUN! In addition, my SL partner and I run an internet radio station broadcasting 24/7 from our club. You can check it out on http://XRadio.Zone

I'm here for the fun and the music, and we tried to build our SIM to reflect that. I have a total dislike of any unnecessary drama and a total acceptance of people from all walks of life provided they aren't douches and don't do the drama thing! New friends are always welcomed (within those constraints, and provided they actually want to be friends and aren't looking for "more than that" uninvited!!) :)

• Like 2

Hellooooo!  

I'm over 40 in the otherworld and live in NE Oklahoma (USA).  I've been in SL for over 10 years now.  My active involvement inworld has really scaled back over the last few years, even tho I no longer work in the otherworld.  I have some medical issues (a brain lipoma, neuropathy in my feet, and inner ear disorder that makes me dizzy).  They affect both my real world and SL activities.  I mostly stay at home, which I've just this year gone to paying for premium, and I've enjoyed it.  I've had a traditional, and now houseboat.  I love decorating and gardening my homes. I keep a few games out that I enjoy playing alone and with others- mah jong, the SL version of scrabble & solitaire.  I'm always hoping for a decent canasta game but haven't found one yet.   I also enjoy trying to take decent selfies without the aid of photoshop.  So mostly I am a hermit who stays home playing with my pixel barbie.  But occasionally I'll venture out to listen to live music, no particular destination in mind, I just go thru the results under search results till I find a show I like.  

I'm not inworld often now, compared to years past, maybe 2 days a week.  But if you fancy a chat, or just want to pop by to veg- feel free to see if I'm online :)

iPiccy-collage.jpg

• Like 3

Hello!!

My name is LaChipie and I'm French 😊I've been in SL for 2 years now. I can say that I'm very into fashion! I love shopping, I love pink things… I'm really friendly and love chatting with new people. Come and say "Hi" if you see me, or feel free to IM 📨 I love making new friends!

The only thing that matters to me is : "If you respect me I'll do the same…" 

71149747_665865110574884_7972872672033898496_n.thumb.jpg.3a534e5016989da31e44dd64aa9bf4bb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

My name is Cychwynn, and I'm from the Netherlands (Europe). I've been on SL since about 2015 but have just returned after a hiatus. I hang out in a number of different music clubs throughout SL. Styles I love include: Rock, Industrial, Goth, Trance. I also like being part of (Fantasy, scifi, steampunk, historic) rp groups, though due to hiatus i am not currently active in any. I'm a bit of a geeky alternative personality. Movies & TV series are also something I am into.

At the moment I am looking for some more fun people to hang out with in SL. So feel free to message me in world! (Below 2 pics of my most comon looks)

Cych6.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Rika! Im into anime and video games for the most part. My favourite show is Watamote and my favourite video game rn is Huniepop ❤️ 

Im pretty new and am trying to make friends. Im interested in learning about this game with someone who's more experienced with it than I am.

Im currently in college and am a fashion design major so, yay for fashion~! I draw on the side and go to anime conventions when I can so I can cosplay. When Im not in school I'll usually be on here ready to chat. ^^

• Like 1

Hey Hi Hello o/

I go by Grey or Gallowsong here in lovely SL~ I've been around about five years but only just recently started putting myself out on the social scene because anxiety and whatnot. 

I'm into a wide variety of stuff and styles but will always favor the creepy, spooky, and scary over anything so if horror is your thing then we'll probably get along. I can often be found taking way too many pictures in those types of settings. 

I've also been a writer/roleplayer for many years but haven't yet tried it in SL so that's something I'd like to experience at some point!

I work from home so I'm around pretty often. Drop me a message sometime! ♥

On 9/16/2019 at 7:49 PM, DJSiouxie said:

Siouxie Connors here. I've been in SL for nearly 6 months now (I was persuaded to come here to DJ by my SL Partner).

I've been DJing here more or less since day 1 of arrival, and was pleased to get selected to play at the SL16 Birthday Bash, and the upcoming Rock Your Rack event to raise funds for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. I'm a co-owner of the Matrix of Musick SIM (https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/White%20Bay/192/45/24 ) which contains our Club ||THE SOURCE||,  and just this last weekend we held our own charity event (with the assistance of TDDI Productions) to raise money for the Suicide Prevention Awareness Lifeline. We have a multitude of fun activities, including the club, an outdoor concert area, a fun fairgrounds area with free rides and games that award prizes, a game room with playable arcade and table games, a planetarium, and you can visit the Moon. Our latest most recent updates to the SIM are a roof pool area and a bowling alley - we like to try to make it FUN! In addition, my SL partner and I run an internet radio station broadcasting 24/7 from our club. You can check it out on http://XRadio.Zone

I'm here for the fun and the music, and we tried to build our SIM to reflect that. I have a total dislike of any unnecessary drama and a total acceptance of people from all walks of life provided they aren't douches and don't do the drama thing! New friends are always welcomed (within those constraints, and provided they actually want to be friends and aren't looking for "more than that" uninvited!!) :)

Word to the wise is sufficient:

On 8/29/2018 at 7:54 AM, Dakota Linden said:

"It’s easy to make friends in Second Life. Discuss the best ways to connect to other Residents."

To date, we have not been strictly enforcing the types of posts that you all have been creating, but I would like to see more posting about the topic of making friends, than actual ads looking for others. 

To that end, I have created this topic and I invite everyone to post in here with some information about themselves and what types of things you are into in Second Life

Aloha Dakota and everyone. Housing is really expensive in Hawaii, so like a lot of other people I moved away so that I could buy a house. It's a smart financial move, but a really terrible one in every other way. I have a nice house now, but it's just not home. I miss Hawaii and wonder about her all the time. A big shout-out to the Makiki neighborhood of Honolulu, if anyone's out there! I spend a lot of time in RL thinking about how to get home, and a lot of time in SL looking for places that remind me of home. 🙂 Once my building skills are improved I'd like to make a realistic Hawaii sim, one to help remember coastal parts of her as sea level rises.

I find that a great way to make friends is to be aware of new residents around you, and offer hints and tips when they're having problems. Share SL knowledge like you share RL food. People did that for me years ago, and again when I rejoined SL a few months ago. A little kindness goes a long way!

407646801_WaiomaoatLasIslas.thumb.jpg.9e1bc6ed300030725f917a56cbf0e29d.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
RL
34/female/straight and single
Lives in Illinois

SL
Hey guys I'm Amethyst, and i am fairly new to SL. I created my account years ago, but didnt really get into it much. Now i have been playing for about a year. I am still learning everyday and always find something new to WOW me . 

I love exploring the sims and different worlds, and meeting new people, only downfall to that is how many people are only after sex. Thats just really not who i am, so thats what has brought me here tonight, writing in this forum, while i sit on my land playing card games with my sister.

I would love to meet friends from all aspects of SL, engaging in new opportunities to explore.

Each person that uses it experiences differtent sides of SL and i want to learn from them. i love the alternate universe perspective that SL offers

idontknow.png

• Like 2

Lets see and give this a shot? 

I'm Yune/Estelle/Ghost/Whatever else folks call me 

I've been on SL for about a year on and off and I well have difficult in the friends department ( Obviously if I'm here ) So I figure why not try this out? 

I'm a writer I've been writing on and off my entire life since I can remember. I've been creating worlds upon worlds and have even dabbled into poetry and things here and there a bit. I Play alot with PS ( Photo Shop) and I also am a avid gamer ( Sims, Stardew, LoL, things like that. ) and am trying to get into streaming now I have a much better computer to allow me to do it. 

I'm goofy and honest, Shy and outgoing in short I'm a walking talking contradiction. 

things I'm not fond of : Being lied to and used. Being Controlled I found the first year I was here there are alot of people who will try to control how you see people and places and I don't play that game.  

Other than all that... Hai - waves and sips tea- 

• Like 4

Heya~ I'm Luden  but you can call me whatever you wish!

I'm rather new to SL, I only started about a month ago and so far I'm having a really great time making things, shopping, exploring, writing and most of all taking cool screenshots. 

I'm an artist, writer, memer, gamer and just an overall chill person. I am very into story driven roleplay and just looking at people and what they can create. I've tried my hand at making textures (my current character's face which I'll add a pic or two) and I'm excited to try and do more in the future. 

I like hanging around people I can joke around with and just sort of decompress. I don't mind sharing all aspects of life, I'm just looking for pals to enjoy my time with~

If you're interested in potentially being a muse or having someone to share music and bad Facebook memes with, hit me up. 

Also here is my Flickr~

hera_009.png

• Like 4

Hello. I live in the USA, Florida. I was born there and spend much of my day trying to avoid the sun despite how I work outside in it. Fortunately, I am not a "Florida Man" meme yet and would say I'm probably mostly sane. I've been a huge PC gamer for over 20 years, mostly playing FPS games but I have experience in pretty much everything video games. On Second Life, I've had my account for 9+ years but only just started playing recently, so I'm basically a newbie and still learning. Spent much of my free time last weekend learning how to customize my avatar and exploring the world of Second Life but still struggling to find where people hang out at in an attempt to make friends or become a regular visitor somewhere. I've tried to engage numerous people so far in local chat but many seem to be idle or perhaps my avatar is just that intimidating with my bad sense for fashion. My main interest is mostly just chatting either text or even voice, if preferred. I generally talk to anybody. Roleplay seems to be a big thing here but I often find myself not taking very much seriously so I wouldn't be a serious person to roleplay with, especially after some whiskey, but I'd give it a shot. To be honest, I don't even know how to IM any of the people who have posted in this thread so that about sums up my current knowledge with Second Life.

Edited by TornAsunder
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TornAsunder said:

still struggling to find where people hang out at in an attempt to make friends or become a regular visitor somewhere. I've tried to engage numerous people so far in local chat but many seem to be idle or perhaps my avatar is just that intimidating with my bad sense for fashion. My main interest is mostly just chatting either text or even voice, if preferred. I generally talk to anybody. Roleplay seems to be a big thing here but I often find myself not taking very much seriously so I wouldn't be a serious person to roleplay with, especially after some whiskey, but I'd give it a shot. To be honest, I don't even know how to IM any of the people who have posted in this thread so that about sums up my current knowledge with Second Life.

I like to hang out at the Shelter; it's aimed at newbies but there's a lot of oldbies there too and there's nearly always someone to ask for help if you get stuck with anything. It's also a very friendly, chatty place, and active at all times of day; if you drop by and no-one's there, just wait and someone else will turn up before too long. There's 80s music on most of the time, and DJ'd events at 1pm and 7pm most days.

To IM someone you've seen on the forum, type their name into Search, exactly as you see it here; the forum shows usernames, not display names.  Once you've found them, open their profile, the Instant Message button is there.

I'm Cristiano. I've been in SL since 2002 originally, and recently returned after a long (10 year-ish) break. I ran the SL community site SLUniverse for 15 years, which I shut down in 2018 and started a new site called VirtualVerse.one. I also created the SL photosharing site Snapzilla. 

I am really enjoying my time in SL again, which I didn't think was possible. I'm very lucky to have a great group of friends who came back to SL as well, but I'm always open to meeting new people and making friends. Feel free to IM me. I'm in the US in FL, and normally on in the evening fairly late. 604618.thumb.jpg.7575a08124da7e966a61567cfb9fec6b.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

From the tinman himself :

- I'm all hardware.
- I don't have a heart.
- I run software to support, protect, cherish and love.
- I am cold, selfish and calculated like any other being.
- I have my own agenda.

___________________________________________________________________________________

4i/iTo9: Oh yeah.... I am free again!  Now the question is what shall I do...... ?

4i/iTo9: Companion System Information

Vendor: Mitraja Arxivâs
Model: oXq.205.4i
Name: iTo9
Firmware version: 8.5.0 build 191117
Controller Serial: █▄█▄███▄▄█▄▄██▄▄██▄███▄███▄▄
Authority: Voútêkos Arxivâs perí Pólemou Metapolou

4i/iTo9: oXq.205.4i Security Enhancements 12.0.21

TESI 0.7.3

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 3

Hi I'm Bin Bash \o

I like to see fun sims and I like the stuff at grand canyon.  I like friends.

I stand around most times just doing script and programming and I make 3d stuff.

Say hi, I'm awake usually if I'm in-world.  I sleep weird hours.

Ok that's enough, have funs \o/

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I always say: "When in doubt, yolo", that's a great way to make friends I'd think.

I'm just one of those furries out there, a shark to be exact, into a variety of things like the military and video-games; my biggest passions by far in life and when you combine the two you get an ideal duo of pleasure for me. That being said, for the most part I like to sail military ships around in SL, fly planes while jamming my tunes normally or just general messing abut you know? Like going to sandboxes and messing with guns, testing the physics of things out etc etc...

Maybe, sometimes strike up a chat about world history and what have you, anything goes pretty much. As I say: "With Simo, anything's possible". We could be discussing SL happenings to like the Cold War in a flash, to discussing theories on life like what if the universe is a sentient being that knows our desires and projects them into the world as such? That sorta thing.

Been around for over 13 years, needless to say I've seen my fair share of stuff haha... and with that stuff I do like to do alot of experimenting around myself.=.

*Bleats* In the forums, I'm seen as HarleyHorrow Resident.  but I prefer going by my in-game display name Dyani (Deer).  I'm a 28 year old furry,  Been a furry since I was a teenager and just now finally settled on who I want to be represented as. My name is just the generic native-american word for Deer.  Why?.... why not? It's part of my RL heritage. 

I'm into a lot of things; anime and manga, crocheting, some alternative stuff, music, writing and roleplaying.  I'm an aspiring actress RL and I work for the adult industry from the comfort of my home!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1