Secondlife Dating Questionnaire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to remeber the simpler times of Single  in both no baggage no kids I enjoy being single I don’t open judt to a yone been reserved.  love is rare it's takes someone special to really wake it up. Everyone here for somthing online turn to dating you can’t find someone walking down these  steet like back in the old days.   Virtual world in world is new dating. Love , Romance, Conversation, Good connection, On the same page. 

EFC7F2DD-0899-4469-A4A6-000023584BE7.jpeg

Edited by Dreamerra

On 9/9/2018 at 11:05 AM, Phorumities said:

If he's years old with a noob avatar, he probably only has one priority... bedding as many women as possible.

What's funny is, he'll looks like crap, but sometimes he'll spend thousands on an Aeros, and then he can't position it right, so it sticks out of his belly button... umm dude, go look in a rl mirror okey

Actually, this is completely wrong.  Guys who are years old with a noob avatar don't get any women.  If that's what they wanted, they'd figure out that women who are looking for sex are looking for guys who look hot, and gear up.  The ones who keep their noob appearance are usually the ones who are completely uninterested in pixel bopping.  I know quite a few very successful scripters, builders, land barons and businessmen who have very basic, un-sexy avatars.  Bedding women is so far down their priorities it's not even on the list.

Women who are looking for love, as opposed to sex, don't take appearance into account.  Personality is much more important to them.  I know one lovely woman who met a llama in SL, and who went on to meet and marry him in RL.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Actually, this is completely wrong.  Guys who are years old with a noob avatar don't get any women.  If that's what they wanted, they'd figure out that women who are looking for sex are looking for guys who look hot, and gear up.  The ones who keep their noob appearance are usually the ones who are completely uninterested in pixel bopping

Pure logic would support that argument, but in reality there is a huge group of male avatars that hang out on sex sims, that have seen little to no upgrade. Stuck somewhere between noob days and whatever was the hype in 2007. I feel like the male avatars who care to customize and upgrade are those interested in socializing, roleplay and expression.

34 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Women who are looking for love, as opposed to sex, don't take appearance into account.  Personality is much more important to them.  I know one lovely woman who met a llama in SL, and who went on to meet and marry him in RL.

I wouldn't generalize it like that. While love blossoms from the mind and heart, I wouldn't say looks can be cast aside completely. The look of an avatar always carries a message, an idea and gives insight on at least something about the person behind the keyboard. It can create interest, it can spark a conversation, but it can also create rejection, disgust and a lack of interest to strike up a conversation. I know that there avatar types that I wouldn't start a conversation with, because they look like we share nothing and create a not so pleasing image in my mind. And then there are avatars that I find truely admireable and interesting. A llama can be sympathic and interesting, too, unique avatars are a statement of its own in some way.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Pure logic would support that argument, but in reality there is a huge group of male avatars that hang out on sex sims, that have seen little to no upgrade. Stuck somewhere between noob days and whatever was the hype in 2007. I feel like the male avatars who care to customize and upgrade are those interested in socializing, roleplay and expression.

I wouldn't generalize it like that. While love blossoms from the mind and heart, I wouldn't say looks can be cast aside completely. The look of an avatar always carries a message, an idea and gives insight on at least something about the person behind the keyboard. It can create interest, it can spark a conversation, but it can also create rejection, disgust and a lack of interest to strike up a conversation. I know that there avatar types that I wouldn't start a conversation with, because they look like we share nothing and create a not so pleasing image in my mind. And then there are avatars that I find truely admireable and interesting. A llama can be sympathic and interesting, too, unique avatars are a statement of its own in some way.

I'll agree that my generalization was too broad.  Appearance is a factor, yes...especially when it reflects the guy's personality!

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:
On 9/9/2018 at 4:05 PM, Phorumities said:

If he's years old with a noob avatar, he probably only has one priority... bedding as many women as possible.

Actually, this is completely wrong.  Guys who are years old with a noob avatar don't get any women.  If that's what they wanted, they'd figure out that women who are looking for sex are looking for guys who look hot, and gear up. 

The two aren't contradictory; there's a huge number of noob avatar guys that do nothing in SL but look for (preferably attractive) women to bang, but that doesn't mean that they have a high success rate at all :P they'll tend to hit up any and every female avatar they see on sim, wait until they have a full set of rejections, then move on to another high traffic adult sim. It's a shotgun approach, that some guys use to pick up women from bars/clubs too; 999 rejections but 1 yes makes the night a success, so the focus is on the sheer volume of chatup attempts and moving on from dead ends as quickly as possible. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Actually, this is completely wrong.  Guys who are years old with a noob avatar don't get any women.  If that's what they wanted, they'd figure out that women who are looking for sex are looking for guys who look hot, and gear up.  The ones who keep their noob appearance are usually the ones who are completely uninterested in pixel bopping.  I know quite a few very successful scripters, builders, land barons and businessmen who have very basic, un-sexy avatars.  Bedding women is so far down their priorities it's not even on the list.

To be honest, not really. I'm a "adult sim resident" and I can say, no matter how noobish the guy look, someone will be willing to deal with him. Even if it's another guy on a girl's avatar. I often see full mesh girls (not amazing looking, but at least decent) having their time with noobs. But of course if they want a top nocht sexy girl, that is sure out of their leagues.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 3:53 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

LOL... This really cracks me up.  I know how much money I spend into my own avatar.  If his avatar looks like crap and haven't done any kind of mesh or bento upgrades.  I know his is too cheap to spend any money on himself.  So why should I be interested in dating him? 

Yes.  So yes.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2018 at 12:14 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I'll agree that my generalization was too broad.  Appearance is a factor, yes...especially when it reflects the guy's personality!

I dated a guy that refused to take his shoes off.  Not ever.  I thought it was a funny quirk at first, he looked so silly.  But it became more of his personality until I had to leave him.  :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 9:57 PM, MrRussianFrost said:

Just because of so much weirdos I don't want relationships.Even sl love can't be without pain

To love someone, RL, SL or where ever, is to experience pain. You will never have love without finding some pain. 

It truly is better to have loved and lost, then to never have loved at all. It's how we grow and learn as humans.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 4

On 9/9/2018 at 1:29 PM, Quinn Lysette said:

this is sad  if a girl spend a ton on new avatars il know she is frivolous with money an not to be trusted meaning she is a golddigger out to spend my money so why bother upgrading a avatar thats just a dumb chat game i spend my money on important real life stuff not game stuff specialy not in sl that just wasting money

If I want to spend my own money on my own looks that has nothing to do with you at all.  You can keep your money and certainly keep to yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had mixed experiences in my short time here. The most charming guys have not been the best Avis by a long way. My longest friendships have been with quite ordinary looking system avis, although modified in some detail..............

The more attractive mesh male avis have not generally gone the distance and although I still keep in touch with a couple, so far the looks have not matched the personality behind the avi.

• Like 1

1. Name: Huntress, Rhonda The
2. Age: 10 years
3. Height: 6' 0"
4. Weight: NA
5. Eyes: Blue
6. Measurements: Imperial units
3. (should be 7?) Hair: Brown
4.  (should be 8?) Hair: Brown
9.  Phone: HA!
10. Phone: As if.
11. Email: Get real
12. Virgin: No
13. Partners: More than 1
14. Sex change: No
15. Smoker: No
16. User: Yes
17. Children: Yes
18. Number: 2
19. Exercise: Yes
20. Income: No
21. Where: NA
22. Reside alone: No
23. Live with: Husband and daughter
24. Car: Chevy
25. Education: List does not go far enough
26. Crazy: Yes.  I mean no.  No she doesn't; she's a raving lunatic; we all know that.
27. Sport: Hockey; Red Wings

29. Cook: Yes

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
added in the questions
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2018 at 9:57 PM, MrRussianFrost said:

Just because of so much weirdos I don't want relationships.Even sl love can't be without pain

Any relationship in which you are invested will bring pain, because of aspects it has that you don't want, or things it lacks that you do, or the pain that is simply a part of having someone else walking through the world with a piece of your heart, whether you meant to give it to them or not. It's an irony of life that, the concomitant pain is sometimes what makes the whole thing worthwhile, especially when it can briefly be alleviated.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.