Hello there,

I made this questioner to get the public's opinion on dating in Secondlife. I have started my own dating agency within secondlife and id like to gather information to see if i should have panels up or if my dating agency would work better with staff and be more client focused with one on one consolations with the people. If you could please fill out this short survey id greatly appreciate it!! Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSec7KhawZDiLtX_FbRz-LTbsUkSy4IXKKxZtpUMJFgmx11gcA/viewform

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ryuni Helstein said:

I made this questioner to get the public's opinion on dating in Secondlife.

Well, your very first question is "Why do you use Secondlife for dating?", which actually means you want the opinion of those that do that - not the "public's opinion".

I've never used SL as a dating app, thus can't take your survey, but if you really would like the "public's opinion", then I'll offer mine up.  Based upon my experience here in the past 11 years, trying to find an SL partner is very do-able.  However, trying to find a RL partner here probably has extremely low odds of working - far smaller odds than other dating apps.  The people on other dating apps are, for the most part, actually looking to find a short or long term partner.  Whereas here, a large majority of the 'relationship' folks seem to be in it for the game only.

Also, just for reference - it is "Second Life" (two words), not "Secondlife"

• Like 3

Hmm ..

1. Because I can.
2. No.
3. Not Applicable
4. Not Applicable
5. No.
6. Probably.  Activity (or at least the illusion of activity) will bring more people in.  The way to draw a crowd is to have a crowd.

Good luck with your business endeavor but there is no way this is anything other than sound boarding for your ideas.  There's nothing wrong with that, by the way, but at least say what you mean and don't couch it as an open search for public opinion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryuni Helstein said:

Hello there,

I made this questioner to get the public's opinion on dating in Secondlife. I have started my own dating agency within secondlife and id like to gather information to see if i should have panels up or if my dating agency would work better with staff and be more client focused with one on one consolations with the people. If you could please fill out this short survey id greatly appreciate it!! Thank you.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSec7KhawZDiLtX_FbRz-LTbsUkSy4IXKKxZtpUMJFgmx11gcA/viewform

make it so guys dont have to verify if they have money or job or ny of that dumb stuff also make it so homeless guys can have top pic of the yungest hottest girl

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

make it so guys dont have to verify if they have money or job or ny of that dumb stuff also make it so homeless guys can have top pic of the yungest hottest girl

You could have just said "make it so that the biggest loser gets first pick of the girls"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Ryuni Helstein said:

I made this questioner to get the public's opinion on dating in Secondlife.

Well, looking at the questions your survey is not about that, but about dating agencies in Second Life, targeted at those who already use them ?

• Like 2

1. I dont use SL for dating, however if I did, if it happens, it happens

2. None

3. N/A as I said NO under #2

4. I don't believe in the validity of RL online dating sites, so a SL dating site would have the same opinion

5. No

6. No 

• Like 1

LOL... This really cracks me up.  I know how much money I spend into my own avatar.  If his avatar looks like crap and haven't done any kind of mesh or bento upgrades.  I know his is too cheap to spend any money on himself.  So why should I be interested in dating him? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2018 at 9:27 PM, Phorumities said:

I don't date, I just prefer to instantly fall in love.

You and 99% of the guys in SL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

You and 99% of the guys in SL

"falling in love" is just a cheap way for guys to try and get seconds from a girl.

Oh I love you so much

yeah right

loser

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As much as people don't really like the dating subject in SL, it's a big part of a lot of resident's lives and I you doing a market research is quite commendable, tells me you have an actual plan going on rather than just make another "panel clicking" agency. Congrats on the initiative.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 8:53 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

LOL... This really cracks me up.  I know how much money I spend into my own avatar.  If his avatar looks like crap and haven't done any kind of mesh or bento upgrades.  I know his is too cheap to spend any money on himself.  So why should I be interested in dating him? 

Cause he might be a really great guy who prioritises other qualities than appearance.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Cause he might be a really great guy who prioritises other qualities than appearance.

If he's years old with a noob avatar, he probably only has one priority... bedding as many women as possible.

What's funny is, he'll looks like crap, but sometimes he'll spend thousands on an Aeros, and then he can't position it right, so it sticks out of his belly button... umm dude, go look in a rl mirror okey

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phorumities said:

"falling in love" is just a cheap way for guys to try and get seconds from a girl.

Oh I love you so much

yeah right

loser

Him, "I love you baby"

Me, "Did you go see my art gallery?"

Him, "No, not yet"

Me, thinking if I loved someone who had an art gallery I would want ti check it out right away, "Bye, I gotta go"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phorumities said:

If he's years old with a noob avatar, he probably only has one priority... bedding as many women as possible.

What's funny is, he'll looks like crap, but sometimes he'll spend thousands on an Aeros, and then he can't position it right, so it sticks out of his belly button... umm dude, go look in a rl mirror okey

And even more thousands on all sorts of BDSM machines for his skybox.

• Haha 3

On 9/5/2018 at 2:53 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

this is sad  if a girl spend a ton on new avatars il know she is frivolous with money an not to be trusted meaning she is a golddigger out to spend my money so why bother upgrading a avatar thats just a dumb chat game i spend my money on important real life stuff not game stuff specialy not in sl that just wasting money

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Quinn Lysette said:

this is sad  if a girl spend a ton on new avatars il know she is frivolous with money an not to be trusted meaning she is a golddigger out to spend my money so why bother upgrading a avatar thats just a dumb chat game i spend my money on important real life stuff not game stuff specialy not in sl that just wasting money

A classical sexist Quinn at it's best... as if girls cannot spend their own money no they have to spend that of some guy...

On 9/5/2018 at 9:53 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

Yeah? I know guys with great looking classic avatars... and ones with ugly mesh avis too... Then again I don't date on SL.

There's a pretty big difference between a well-crafted classic avatar, and Nooby McNoobington that's somehow managed to create some monstrosity that looks worse than the default avatars, wielding some freenis the size of an arm.

I'm sure there are some great guys (and girls) out there that put zero effort into their appearance, but uh... I'll let you know if I find any.

19 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

if this is just a dumb chat game why are you even here Quinn?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, Quinn Lysette said:

Wow that is truly sexist.  I've usually been the one with the place for my guys to call home, I've usually bought more for them then they have for me, and they haven't been poor, just different and I point blank refused any money they tried to give towards my land, but I figured my land, my bill.  I don't think it's asking guys too much to show they are somewhat vested in me or SL, and at least want to come close to looking like we are playing in the same world.  And yes a well crafted default male av can look pretty good.  I'm talking about the guys that don't even try but expect me to look perfect and be ready for pixel poking just because they said "Hi, you look great."

• Like 2