How do I complain to LL over a landlord just closing down a sim without any warning?

Carlo Islar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was renting some land by Coral Estates. One day the owner,  just trew all tenants out of the sim without any warning. Simply just returned all the stuff back. Malls, houses ect :(

Gave the sim a new name, and rented it out to other costumers.

I still have over 4,000 Linden on the account that i want returned to me, but i got no answer at all from the owner.

How do I get in contact with LL to make a complaint? I dont have premium membership.

Hi Carlo,

I am sorry that you lost money. Linden Lab don't mediate between Residents. Take it as lesson learned and experience. Before you involve more money next time check carefuly the reputation of land owner.

I hope that you will never have such issue again.

Id

Edit

Sometimes it takes longer to wait for the answer. Accidents happen out of the blue to many people. Send the note and ask about solving the problem. If the owner doesn't solve it the reputation of this person is lost for sure.

It is madness at him, doing this. I partly are making a living in SL by helping people finding land and apartments. Coral Estate was one of the companies it trusted whole hearted, and did refer people to gladly.

I will use ALL my power to spread the word of this company now.

As Identity has stated, there is nothing you can do because LL does not get involved in resident to resident disputes. I guess you can try to file an Abuse Report for fraud if that category is even an option and see what happens, you have nothing else to lose. It is unfortunate things like this happen.

What you can learn from this is that as a rule of thumb, never rent land for more than one week at a time so that if something like this were to happen you will not lose much.

The only real way to make sure you never lose anything again is by buying your own land.
I only rented land once and when the same thing happened to me as what happened to you I never rented again.

The only risk I run now is that LL goes loopy and does something weird, but till then the land is mine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.