How To Use This Body

D0C1NHU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i Just Bought This body:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/pt-BR/p/SKING-BraziliaDoll-Katena-2018-Bimbo-Edition-Mesh-Body/13614005?page=3

but i dont know how to use, i wear it b ut i cant take off my shape, so the body stay together with the shape... my char doesnt look nice, what can i do ??????

Sem título.png

Edited by D0C1NHU
two equals images

6 answers to this question

You need to wear the "alpha" that comes with the body. That will hide the patchy skin. We always have to wear a shape, so you have to keep that (or replace with a better shape if you prefer).

You will also have to match the colour of the body skin with the skin of the head/hands/feet. There might be a choice of skins supplied with your Sking body to bring the colour close to your system skin. Otherwise you can buy a skin package which contains both a system skin and a matching Omega skin, for a perfect match.

Yes, indeed, that is one unusual shape.  Fortunately, you can ALWAYS replace one shape with another.  So, open your Inventory and look for the Library folder way down at the bottom.  Then, open its Clothing subfolder and the Initial Outfits folder inside it.  Find the folder that says Female Shape & Outfit.  There are several things in there, including a shape that says Girl Next Door. It has a little icon next to it that looks like two people holding hands.  Double click on it to put that shape on yourself.  It will replace what's there now.

That's probably not the shape you want either, but it's better.  So then start playing.  Right click on yourself and select Appearance >>> Edit Shape, and start having fun with the 72 sliders to make your shape more personally pleasing.  I can't tell you when to stop.  I have been doing it for 11 years and haven't stopped yet.

EDIT:  BTW, if that's not what you wanted to do, just replace the Girl Next Door with something else, like the shape you started with, and try again.  And take Angeco's advice too.  :)

Edited by Rolig Loon

The Marketplace listing says the Sking body is "rigged mesh", but I tried the demo xD and it does respond a little bit, but not much, to shape settings. There's no getting away from those curves!

Also, the alphas supplied with the demo both blank out the hands and feet, so DOC1NHU, if you need an alpha that does not hide the hands and feet, let us know here and I can send you one.

Edited by angeoco

47 minutes ago, angeoco said:

The Marketplace listing says the Sking body is "rigged mesh", but I tried the demo xD and it does respond a little bit, but not much, to shape settings. There's no getting away from those curves!

Good catch.  OK, DOC1NHU, disregard my advice.  ?  Well, don't disregard it completely because there will be plenty of times when you need to fitted mesh stuff.  It's good so know how. 

If that extremely curvy shape is what you desire, you are going to have a hard time finding any mesh body that will meet your needs.  Like the classic avatar, they simply don't look very good at the extreme ends of the Appearance menu sliders...unless you find a body that is specifically intended for these types of shapes.

While you're looking be sure to try the demo version of any mesh body before you buy!  Also, check out https://strawberrysingh.com/ and http://meshbodyaddicts.com/ for product reviews.

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.