What would you do?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I personally do my best to avoid drama and everything on SL, but somehow found myself in it.

What would you do if someone lied to you, and then send their friend twice to make you feel bad about all the situation, while you have nothing to be blamed for?

I do have some informations that could get them in trouble, but will keep it to me, just know that this could mess up his whole second life and I'm not really up for revenge and tricky things.

Is it manipulation? Or just making sure I won't disclose anything?

Also, if anyone is up for a private talk about what happened, please message me here.

Edited by NinaLyns

10 minutes ago, NinaLyns said:

What would you do

I would mute that person and their friend, and ban them both from my land. If any other 'friends' showed up those would also get muted and banned. And then I would move on, avoiding the mutual places we used to visit.

• Like 13

I muted him, plus his alts, plus his "friends" sent to ask if I would apologize ((he lied to them about something to get them to come to me)).

It has been 9 years of peace since

Mute and move on.  The more you let this stuff get to you the more they win. Think of it like the toilet paper you flush this morning. It's covered in &%$# and gone from your life.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 8

Seems like we've been driving the same road Rhonda... :(

It's just that I don't see the use of doing that. I have nothing to be blamed for, the person kept blaming me about everything and now send their friend to blame me after only hearing their side of the story. If I was acting like them, I'd disclose everything I know they're doing and they'd be in so much trouble with a lot of people.

Like, there's no use of setting a hunt on someone to make them feel bad about something the other one did.

It's a nasty fact that SL has villains as well as RL.  Nina, don't be tempted to react to them in any way except by ignoring them as Skell and Rhonda have said.  It is galling when someone tells lies to you and about you, and involves others in trying to hurt you.  Even worse when they're someone you trusted.  *pauses to yell at the wall*  It hurts, but please, move on.  They want you to get yourself into trouble and damage your reputation further.  Don't help them do it.

• Like 3

To add to what's been said here: that kind of person does that kind of thing for one reason only - they want a response. They don't even really care what the response is; they only care that they provoked you enough for you to make the response.

Giving them absolutely no response whatsoever is the best 'revenge'. No matter how hard they keep trying, just keep ignoring, keep muting, keep moving on.

Live well, because in doing so you're living better than they are. If they're so obsessed with you that they can't let it go, guess who has won already?

You have.

• Like 8

I was recently (it's now calmed, thank god) dragged into a plethora of angry ex-girlfriend (his) drama and a bit of ex-boyfriend drama (mine) as well. It's a shame when people listen to only one side of an argument and mercilessly tear into someone while only knowing only so little.

If you aren't into the "revenge" dish, then your best bet is to block them and move on. If later down the road you decide to unblock and attempt to be civil - then do so.

Besides, if you DO give into the "ff them let's ff their SL up with---" you won't only damage your reputation, but you may also have people  you've never met beyond the circle you're in now trying to tear you apart or find yourself banned from places you want to visit because the owner doesn't want that BS on their land. Word, drama esp, spreads like wildfire. 

• Like 3

Yes, I believe they want a reply from me, any reply they could get for the matter. It's just that it hurts because I was thinking they were my friend, and all of this is switched up so their friends come to me like I'm at fault because they value them and have known them more than I did. Like I even wonder if this friend isn't their alt to have such a point of view and opinion.

And Laoise, I agree with you totally, it's just that it's not fair at all. How unfair is it to start a witch hunt on someone you care about and you trust? In the end, I'm the one who's hurt, not them. I will block them and any friend who comes to me about this, and ban them, but the situation isn't fair at all. :(

• Like 3

You shouldn't let one bad experience ruin your SL - we all have them, sooner or later, some more severe than others.

Block those involved, and move on. SL has a lot to offer for those who are interested. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NinaLyns said:

I feel like not wanting to log in anymore. This definitely ruined my SL experience... 

Take a break from SL.  Try waiting a month.  It's my bet you'll remember something good about SL that draws you back in.  Focus on that, and forget about the villains. :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NinaLyns said:

I feel like not wanting to log in anymore. This definitely ruined my SL experience... 

Just learn from it Nina and come out of it stronger. We all face this occasionally and it can be unpleasant and in some cases depressing. I had an encounter yesterday which i found difficult, but there are good people here who will offer support. Stay strong. 

Welcome to life - Second or otherwise.

Ok, so that's a wee bit harsh, please do read on.

Had a fair bit of drama myself during my time here ....

Block/Mute and move on, take a break if you have to and honestly .... Don't bother avoiding places you like/liked to hang out at. Once blocked/muted you cannot see their chat anymore nor can they IM you (if blocked as well as simply muted) and client ("viewer") depending you can also add them to your "blacklist" as Derender Permanently so you never have to see them should they show up anywhere.

11 minutes ago, Dreamerra said:

I know people say alt's are not good to have well If you have to start over best to make one a head of time only let those people that know you.

I disagree. Having alts may have a variety of purposes, and saying they're inherently bad is, well, paranoid. 

But, it shouldn't be that you make a new account just to get away from someone. If someone is treating you so bad that you feel that you have to run, you should have blocked them a long time ago - and should they in any way attempt to get around being blocked, you report them for harassing you.

I'd stay, but I would move to a new location and make sure I never include that location on my profile picks like so many do.  Hard to do things like that if they can't find you.  I'd also mute anyone that tried to contact me regarding that person.  I speak from experience, I've had to do all that.  Don't let them ruin an entire world of possibilities.  As said before, if you feel you must leave for a while, do not delete the account.  

• Like 1

As so many others said, I’d move on. I’d also not offer to talk about it to just about anyone who asked; that kind of thing could backfire or, at the very least, keep me focused on what happened, rather than truly moving on.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.