Keeping system head and body - how about the rest

Molly Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been reading through a lot of the topics here and think I have learned a few things:

No need for mesh body unless you go naked/beach/skimpy - mesh clothing will do the job

no need for mesh head, 

Hands might be something to consider

Questions Remaining:

I quite like my old look from years ago - smallish, older female with slightly more androgynous look - would like to give it an update though even though I'm now even older ?

Perhaps need for mesh feet - but is that relevant if you wear mesh shoes/boots?

Are all new skins wearable with system head/body?

Hair - what is the best (simple style) hair for a system head?

Thanks in advance for any answers  ?

Edited by Trinity Fullstop
typos

I would definitely recommend mesh hands and feet. If you're not opting for a mesh body then Slink hands and feet would be the ones to go with (those can be purchased separately, whereas bodies such as Maitreya and Belleza have the feet and hands included as part of the body). If you like nail polish, then once you've discovered Slink applier nails I promise that you'll never want to go back to those smeary old system glove nails ;)

9 minutes ago, Trinity Fullstop said:

Perhaps need for mesh feet - but is that relevant if you wear mesh shoes/boots?

You'll find that - in the case of footwear - the vast majority of it these days is being made for mesh feet, so unless you want to be in either sneakers or closed-toe-and-heel boots all the time, you'll probably struggle to find a wide range of footwear. Even sneakers and full-foot boots are often rigged to mesh bodies (which means you can't move or edit them to fit a system avatar) and they often don't come with foot-shapers, so make sure you look for the 'classic avatar' logo on any footwear. It looks like this:

5979b9f038fdd_ClassicAvatarLogo.png.4540ca8ee6ab6ba3c16548148345c9d5.png

9 minutes ago, Trinity Fullstop said:

Are all new skins wearable with system head/body?

Same thing goes for new skins. The vast majority of them are now only being made as appliers for mesh bodies and heads. Many stores still offer system skins (and also sell Slink hand and feet appliers), but you'll find most of those now in their 'discount' sections.

11 minutes ago, Trinity Fullstop said:

Hair - what is the best (simple style) hair for a system head?

Hair is a different matter. You can wear pretty much any hairstyle on either a system or mesh head, but do try a demo first, as some of the rigged (AKA: uneditable) styles might sit oddly on a system head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just deleted what I was writing because Skell said it better.

I will add that if you ever want to wear beachwear or other skimpy clothes, you really do need a mesh body. Get a free EBody (either Slim or Curvy depending on your style) from their inworld shop, find a bikini/dress/whatever with an EBody-fit version, and Slink-fit shoes, and you could keep it just for the beach.

• Like 1

BOM can (but we do not know if it really will yet) bring back system skins, so do not write them completely off. Many stores have fitting appliers for mesh hands and feet (omega or slink appliers) to go with their system skins. I outfitted my alt with bento gloves a  bento head and a system body ... she looks quite nice when disguising as a male ... so no, there's no need for going completely mesh when everything is hidden beneath cloth anyways...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Slink hands and feet would be the ones to go with (those can be purchased separately, whereas bodies such as Maitreya and Belleza have the feet and hands included as part of the body)

If you plan on never getting a mesh body Maitreya sell their feet separately, if you have a lot of system foot shoes you can still wear them with these feet though some resize and repositioning may be required. if you go for slink it's very difficult to make your old shoes work but you'll have a wider selection to buy from 

• Like 1

If you keep system head but get a mesh body, you'll need a body applier in the matching tone of your chosen skin.  If you keep the body and get a mesh head, then the head applier is what needs to be in a matching tone. 

If you keep system body and/or head, here are a few places where I think you can still get system skins, most in their discount area - I haven't been to all of them recently, so a few might not have system skins anymore. 

7 Deadly s{K}ins
LAQ 
Modish
Stix
WoW
Dulce Secrets
alaskametro

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you keep system head but get a mesh body, you'll need a body applier in the matching tone of your chosen skin.  If you keep the body and get a mesh head, then the head applier is what needs to be in a matching tone. 

If you keep system body and/or head, here are a few places where I think you can still get system skins, most in their discount area - I haven't been to all of them recently, so a few might not have system skins anymore. 

7 Deadly s{K}ins
LAQ 
Modish
Stix
WoW
Dulce Secrets
alaskametro

Adding in Pink Fuel, and possibly Glam Affair - I was there a month ago and they still had some. 

Maybe Deetalez, too, but to be honest, that's one I haven't changed at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

possibly Glam Affair - I was there a month ago and they still had some

Almost certain GA have got rid of all their system offerings went to see if they still had system make up today and could only find appliers at their main store and their satellite store where the older appliers have gone

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Adding in Pink Fuel, and possibly Glam Affair - I was there a month ago and they still had some. 

8 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

Pink Fuel not only has system skins, but they're now on sale for L$300 and they were redone when appliers became popular so they'll work well with Bakes-on-Mesh in the future.

Birth also still has system skins for L$550, and LAQ has them for L$500 if you can find their double-secret-probation old skin room (look for the link on the column in the main store.)

• Thanks 3

I haven't read every word posted so far, so forgive me if it's already been said.

SLink hands and feet cost L$1550 for the set. SLink shoes are everywhere, but skin matching ankles, wrists and neck will always be an issue.

A mesh body comes with hands and feet included, so the only skin matching comes at the neck seam.

There are decent free or cheap mesh bodies around, but even a Maitreya is cheap (L$2250?) when compared to a set of SLink hands and feet (L$1550), but minus any ankle and wrist issues. There is a myriad of free clothes and shoes for Maitreya, also luckies and hunt gifts. Free Maitreya stuff is everywhere.

Yes, there is an initial outlay, but after that your wardrobe will grow and grow for little or no outlay, if you so choose.

On occasions another girl will complement me on something. It's not uncommon for me to then take her on a tour of a number of outlets with frees and/or luckies and stock her up. I really enjoy doing that, especially for people less familiar with where to get things.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.