Sign in to follow this  
animats

Any TV stations left in SL?

At one time, SL had several TV stations. From a old list on the wiki:

• treet.tv - gone
  • slnews.tv - web site is up, but the stream doesn't work.
  • slcn.tv - gone
  • metaversetv.com - "sorry, this stream is no longer available on Livestream"
  • mbtv.live.nu -  "sorry, this stream is no longer available on Livestream"
  • www.its-tv.de - gone

Are there any TV stations left in SL? Anybody doing in-world news gathering and distribution?

• Like 1

News is being gathered and spread by blogs these days. Some still do the occasional video stream when there is an event like and interview with a Linden.

I'm surprised that someone isn't doing a TV station as a roleplay. There are fire stations, police stations, wars, and Coast Guard rescues going on every day. But no news coverage of them. A TV station which reported around the grid and turned out a tight 15-minute collection of 1-2 minute stories every day could be a fun roleplay. When something is happening, TV helicopters overhead, vans on the ground, and reporters interviewing people. Something like this:

Last night in Crack Den, there was a rumble between Orcus Samedi MC and the Kogarashi gang. Two members of Orcus are in custody, and one of the Kogarashis is in hospital. (Picture) The leader of Orcus said "The West Side is ours now".

Tulagi saw another naval battle today. Reporting from the scene, Roland Hedley. "Three PT boats tried to sink an Imperial cruiser, but were unsuccessful and withdrew under heavy fire." (Video). "The torpedoes aren't working right", said one sailor, before being taken away by an officer.

The SL Coast Guard rescued the crew of a sailboat in the Blake Sea that had been pushed into a lee shore by the  wind. "They weren't watching the wind", said SLCG Cpt. Miles Inlay.

We'll have a report on real estate trends on the continents right after this word from OPG Garden Centers.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, animats said:

I'm surprised that someone isn't doing a TV station as a roleplay. There are fire stations, police stations, wars, and Coast Guard rescues going on every day. But no news coverage of them. A TV station which reported around the grid and turned out a tight 15-minute collection of 1-2 minute stories every day could be a fun roleplay. When something is happening, TV helicopters overhead, vans on the ground, and reporters interviewing people. Something like this:

Last night in Crack Den, there was a rumble between Orcus Samedi MC and the Kogarashi gang. Two members of Orcus are in custody, and one of the Kogarashis is in hospital. (Picture) The leader of Orcus said "The West Side is ours now".

Tulagi saw another naval battle today. Reporting from the scene, Roland Hedley. "Three PT boats tried to sink an Imperial cruiser, but were unsuccessful and withdrew under heavy fire." (Video). "The torpedoes aren't working right", said one sailor, before being taken away by an officer.

The SL Coast Guard rescued the crew of a sailboat in the Blake Sea that had been pushed into a lee shore by the  wind. "They weren't watching the wind", said SLCG Cpt. Miles Inlay.

We'll have a report on real estate trends on the continents right after this word from OPG Garden Centers.

I can tell you why! Because most people have this idea like you but nobody wants to step forward and bring it to life! ?
Why don't you go ahead and bring up your idea as an actual working station? I am sure it will become popular and work out! ?

5 hours ago, Mikey Shu said:

I can tell you why! Because most people have this idea like you but nobody wants to step forward and bring it to life! ?
Why don't you go ahead and bring up your idea as an actual working station? I am sure it will become popular and work out! ?

I'm already working on motorcycles, region crossings, and billboard impostors. I can't take on another SL project right now. This is for all those people who are complaining they don't have anything to do in SL.

On 25 August 2018 at 8:49 PM, animats said:

Now THAT would be news worthy... It's not what they usually do...

"Attention Civilian Avatar! This is Senior Flight Lt.  Arrogant.Asshat (rez date 2007) of the SLCG, roleplaying being an Officially Official Officious Tool... State your legacy login name, rez date and business on the sea bed in a public boat rezzing zone...

/camping off

/camping off damn it...

Comply at once of you WILL be AR'd for being an Alt which is NOT a violation of the ToS..."

"Attention unofficial SLCG Tool... You are harassing a citizen rezzing a boat in a public boat rezzing area...

Go stick your head in a pig... 

Failure to comply will result in an AR for Harassment which IS a violation of the ToS...

/tool off

/tool off"

On 25 August 2018 at 8:49 PM, animats said:

I'm surprised that someone isn't doing a TV station as a roleplay. There are fire stations, police stations, wars, and Coast Guard rescues going on every day. But no news coverage of them.

Producing 15 mins worth of 1-2 min video clips, then merging them together into a single streamable video, it a fair amount of work, you'd probably spend several hours a day on it, to produce a 15 min endlessly looped broadcast that hardly anyone would watch.

The people interested in the "wars" are out fighting them. Nobody cares about the fire dept. on Dingbat Falls RP Sim, except the Dingbat Falls Fire Dept., who are busy pretending to be ready to deal with fires.

This wouldn't be NEWS Coverage, it would be OLDS Coverage, nobody cares.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't recommend this enough: SL Artist is the closest thing we have to an SL cable network:  https://www.slartist.com/index.html

Shows from the Treet.tv lineup are still out there. Designing Worlds, a production of PrimPerfect Magazine, airs every week on Monday. There is a viewing party at Garden of Dreams on Mondays at 2pm SLT as well. In the past two weeks, they did full one-hour+ episodes talking about animesh and Zooby babies: 

https://www.slartist.com/designing-worlds-dw393-animesh_41ebf51d3.html

https://www.slartist.com/designing-worlds-dw395-zoobys_86a35160c.html

Giant Snail races are still going strong and hilarious as ever: https://www.slartist.com/giant-snail-race-553-19-mar-23-robots_b9ea6122b.html

RacerX has also introduced the "Anything Goes" Race which is really... um... something. Almost terrifying from an avatar's perspective:

https://www.slartist.com/anything-goes-race-2019-3-22-robots_6f9c8de4f.html

Also on SL Artist are radio shows, Drax Files, music and dance performances.  It's all still out there.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlackBlade Smit said:

That moment absolute negativity and toxicity killed an entire conversation in a single post. Neat.

Pour Klytynas toxic post into a pot, turn on the stove and stir it, until all the bad vibes and poisons are gone by evaporation. You will be left with a fairly big amount of truth.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Pour Klytynas toxic post into a pot, turn on the stove and stir it, until all the bad vibes and poisons are gone by evaporation. You will be left with a fairly big amount of truth.

No one wants to stand around for three hours boiling out toxins to get to the truth though. 

---- maybe no one is too strong .. but I'm rather sure I'm not the only one.

Back to the point though .. I really do miss watching SL TV.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

...am I looking at the right....

oh...

"Welcome back to SLNoos, after that enlightening commercial from our sponsors, OPG Garden Centers....... we're now going live to Klytyna Tower where a large crowd is gathering!"

I've had a lot of chuckles from Klytna's posts though. Its only the barbed-wire approach that seems to upset some people!

17 hours ago, Ramesh Singh said:

Acacia Falls is working on activating our TV Station

Nice. Acacia Falls is one of the most complete RP communities in SL.

I miss watching SL tv. And remember I had to buy a special tv for it etc

I would love for someone to bring it back

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Louminca said:

I miss watching SL tv. And remember I had to buy a special tv for it etc

I would love for someone to bring it back

I wish someone would. I loved sitting in my living room in SL watching old shows and movies with friends. Then LL introduced MOAP and SL tvs went the way of the dodo. I doubt tvs will make a come back because of MOAP.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I wish someone would. I loved sitting in my living room in SL watching old shows and movies with friends. Then LL introduced MOAP and SL tvs went the way of the dodo. I doubt tvs will make a come back because of MOAP.

I agree. It's kind of like what happened to video rental stores in RL, once people were able to download movies off the internet.

I tried setting up TVs on my SIM long ago, but too few people had their media turned on.  It was a nice idea.  I'd like to loop a youtube video about my Region on a prim for people when they land, but too few have media enabled.  

• Like 1

I think that with the re-emergence of a solid community feel seeming to hit SL again, I have high hopes of things like this becoming the Norm again. I miss watching the Sim Board events, the snail races, the Metaverse TV News, etc. It was nice to just have some friends over and watch it together. I mean, sure, we can all rabbit a show, but I think it's nicer to watch in world. Feels... closer?