You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Does it have to be someone else? 

I've decided to be content having an avatar I don't dislike.

There's something to be said for managing expectations.

;-).

• Like 1

it's funny sort of...i have a real dislike of an avatar from the personality to looks....i'm like "damn she's so fake" <--- that's the funny part.

33 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've decided to be content having an avatar I don't dislike. 

There's something to be said for managing expectations.

;-).

There are times I look at at it and want to change something.  Right now it's the butt but shrinking it down loses some of its strength.

/me shrugs.

As long as Clover thinks I'm sexy, I'm fine.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

There are times I look at at it and want to change something.  Right now it's the butt but shrinking it down loses some of its strength.

/me shrugs.

As long as Clover thinks I'm sexy, I'm fine.

Not just Clover..........*blushes*........?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It's not just based on Second Life. Generally whether Second Life or real life, you're going to find yourself not having a preference or liking for someone or something. And, based on those preferences you're going to base on whom you talk to because of it. It's human nature, I suppose. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

It's not just based on Second Life. Generally whether Second Life or real life, you're going to find yourself not having a preference or liking for someone or something. And, based on those preferences you're going to base on whom you talk to because of it. It's human nature, I suppose. 

You've been arguing at length elsewhere for that to be called prejudice.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

You've been arguing at length elsewhere for that to be called prejudice.

Well, people can like what they want to or not. It’s life. :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Well, people can like what they want to or not. It’s life. :)

I must remember to quote that back to you the next time you complain that people in SL won't talk to you because you're black.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, Garnet Psaltery said:

I must remember to quote that back to you the next time you complain that people in SL won't talk to you because you're black.

Okay, thank you for your input, sweetie. But, I don’t want the thread to be derailed. :)

• Haha 1

Three IMs to me following my request for you not to do so is not acceptable, Ashlyn.  I've been too busy in another thread to find the darned Mute button but I'll get round to it.

Make that four, and I can't be a b***h because I'm a cat.  So there.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know if I've ever disliked another avatar just based on the way they look.  Usually it's been a combination of how they act/talk and how they present themselves through their profile that has put me off. 

• Like 4

While I  have seen plenty of poorly made avatars,  avatars that are intentionally meant to be disgusting, and avatars with horrible fashion choices, just like everyone, there was one, once that stands out as the most horrible of them all. But let me start this story at the beginning.

I was hanging out someplace, when a  guy IMed me with an invite to an orgy, at the time I had never been in an orgy,  and since SL is  the place to try new things you would  never try in RL, I told  him to TP me. When I got there it was him and  two other girls,  not really what i think of  when i think of an orgy, but I joined in. After a while one of the girls left,  then he left, and it was just me  and this black girl. Well we  made a  connection that I have very rarely felt in SL, and  this was the first time it had happened for me in SL. We ended up going to another place and  continuing, by the time we had to go our separate ways I was ready to become an SL lesbian, partner with the girl, and live together. A friend  of mine who had joined  up with us after we had moved to the second  spot told me that she was really a he. I didn't care. A few days past and i don't see her, then she logs on and i send an  IM, the response seems a bit cold but "she" agrees to meet up. This time however he isn't in a female avatar, but rather an ugly man covered head to toe in tattoos and piercings, with a  cigarette blowing smoke  like a  five alarm fire. I found his appearance repulsive, and his behavior wasn't any better and pretty quickly made some excuse to leave. That was the last I heard from him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

You don't have to like someone but people should respect people boundaries if your not interested in them does mean you are but some people don't get it you have to tell them to bug off there are other fish in the sea for them. Attraction and how someone carry them self and the effect not really all looks but like you do in real. Its a bit of work but once you take the time its easy to do. The soul is more but what you put out there people see. You can be kind but if they Just asking for sexual things thinking they can get with you tell them to bug off.

Note: that I added the quote well its helpful.

Seems some people don't get it in Second life feel Just because they message you think you be instantly in to them Just because someone message someone does make mean its a hit and run has to be the right attraction the right energy and what they are looking for.

Thing is you have a right to your boundaries Just as anyone else you do not have to do anything you don't feel conferable doing if someone does not attract you in the right way you don't have to learn to say no. People can be what they want but if don't find them appealing you can defender. I understand mesh has came along way there are free mesh body's and affordable ones in every range someone can really fix them self's up even being classy you can fix yourself as well. Appearance is what people see we do bring are energy and feelings to Sl but when people are mixing things up hiding it can really hurt people why trust is earned not given people have to get to know you don't have people rush you or tell you to take a Tp its like jumping in to a car you don't have to. Putting in effect takes time in to a avatar its how someone carry's them self ether classic or mesh if a guy or women been here for years they did read your profile but what to get with you then they need to know your interest people should learn them. Fine to chat with people make a friend but know one has to friend everyone they see. Keep your standards high never lower them for anyone. Thing is you can show people where to get things if they need help don't force them better to help them them judge but if they are being snotty best to let them learn that best to have patience in second life people need that things take time. Truly conversation is key and have deeper connection. Just like going for interview you look your best taking care yourself and self care half because half together Just does not do it so if your all fixed up you kinda want the same in return nothing should change that. Good luck. 

sexybaby.jpg

peggy235.jpg

Edited by Dreamerra

15 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Don't IM me, Ashlyn.  Just don't.

15 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Three IMs to me following my request for you not to do so is not acceptable, Ashlyn.  I've been too busy in another thread to find the darned Mute button but I'll get round to it.

Make that four, and I can't be a b***h because I'm a cat.  So there.

In world or here?

Here, just mouse over the portrait and wait a moment.  The ignore button is at e bottom center of the little popup.

In world, right the name in chat window and select Block.

You could also AR for harassment for both here and in world but I'm not sure what good that will do.  Besides, I think they keep score by how many people they have mute them.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.