System message your are not allowed to edit terrain even though i am.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi whenever I go to a sandbox that allows permission to edit the terrain, when I begin to edit I get a system message every time I mouse click telling me I'm not allowed to edit terrain even though I am and I can see that I'm allowed because I'm actively manipulating the terrain lowering and raising it and so forth. Does anyone know why this problem occurs? 

This happens whether or not I'm a member of the group the land is owned by and in either case I'm able to edit the terrain regardless of group membership. I've also reproduced the problem at the terrain sandbox at builder's brewery. 

I can reproduce that at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Builders Resource/224/220/23
That parcel is a terraform learning parcel that allows anyone to terraform.
The way this is done is to set "Edit Terrain" for the parcel to Everyone, which is a feature only found in TPV viewers.
Screenshot_1.png.59c73f975666a272ceb3597c0b9c94f1.png

Code: https://hg.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix-firestorm-lgpl/rev/39b918e89593

This feature used to be available in the LL viewer too, but it was removed.
See VWR-27913 - Viewer versions 3.2.6 and later no longer include the "Allow Other Residents to Edit Terrain" option.

It appears that on any parcel allowing everyone to terraform, you will get the "You are not allowed to terraform parcel [PARCEL_NAME]" warning when editing the terrain, even though editing the terrain works.

I'm not sure if this is technically a bug or not or whether it needs a viewer fix or a server fix.
I'll ask one of the Firestorm devs & if it needs a bug report, I'll file one.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.5ce0c3b7041da5ecd0bfa12b601f58be.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I'm not sure if this is technically a bug or not or whether it needs a viewer fix or a server fix.
I'll ask one of the Firestorm devs & if it needs a bug report, I'll file one.

Thanks for this Whirly Fizzle would you be able to update this thread with any forthcoming outcome?   

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.