What may be the fair price of this parcel (adult area)?

JessieHoo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I am looking for mailand parcels to purchase. I find a parcel at 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Foley/84/60/40

It has 30704 sqm, 10050 prims, and the asking price is Linden $ 538855 (17.5L$/sqm)

It is the only on sale adult parcel having open access to Linden sea in this region. And the location is nice and convenient with flat terrain. But I think the price is still too expensive? If I want to negotiate a fair price with the seller, where will be a good start point?

A pic of the land is attached. It is the bunk of the coast land that almost fills whole screen, from road to sea. It is the largest yellow box in the map in second pic.

Thank you very much!

Foley Estate_001.png

Foley Estate_002.png

Edited by JessieHoo

A few observations:

• One reason the parcel is priced higher than most is that it's Adult Mainland (so, it's on the Zindra continent). If that's important to you, then you'll pay some premium for land compared to similar land with only a Moderate maturity rating.
  • Even though the boundary is uneven, that really is protected water to the north, so the parcel really is protected on two sides.
  • Most likely the land has been terraformed to maximize the beach area; the drop-off from the beach to deep water is very steep -- not really any "wading depth" water. That may be fine for your purposes, but my hunch would be that fully reverted, there would be a gradual drop-off from the road to the water, meaning a lot less land and a lot more water covering the parcel.
  • At the moment, the sim is very heavily loaded with scripts -- there's over 5500 of them and only about a third get a chance to run each frame ("Scripts Run" percentage in the Statistics bar) -- which is weird because most of the sim is currently for sale. If and when more land sells, script lag will become really problematic.
  • There are a number of avatars near ground level on a parcel on the eastern side of the sim. That may boost the Agent Time spent by the sim (which somewhat reduces the amount of time the sim has available to process all those scripts).

So if the Adult rating isn't important to you, you can surely save by looking elsewhere. If you're intentionally looking for Adult land, you might start the negotiation by pointing out the low Scripts Run statistic. I don't know what price you should open negotiations, but I think you're likely to get some reduction from the asking price.

In case it's useful, here's a search for adult mainland for sale in sizes 30,000 - 40,000 sq.m.: https://search.secondlife.com/?query_term=&collection_chosen=land&isLeftColOpen=true&sort=land_type_asc&purchase_type=Sale&area_low=30000&area_high=40000&type=main_fullregion&price_low=&price_high=

[EDIT: Oh, hmmm, I guess you have to manually click the Maturity boxes to select only Adult, it doesn't seem to be coded in that URL.]

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

The question is, how much can you afford?  You can certainly try bargaining with the owner though they have a great many parcels around the Mainland which they can afford to keep on sale at high prices for months.  One thing I'd be concerned about though, if I wanted an uninterrupted sea view, is that space between the parcel and the sea.  It could be built on at any time.  The road edge is protected, not the seashore.

2 hours ago, JessieHoo said:

Hello, I am looking for mailand parcels to purchase.

if you see abandoned land, even when it's having a bigger size, you can send a ticket to support to buy it.
Mention the location, and how many sqm you want.

With some luck LL will sell it to you for a lotttttttt less than that 17/1sqm

A fair price? Is there even such a thing? You have chosen multiple things which make this parcel more valuable then others, it is Zindra, protected water, large parcel. If you aren't willing to pay the price then lower your expectations and find land somewhere else or work out what YOU want to pay for it and send the owner an offer. The price anyone else says it is worth means absolutely nothing because it is you that wants to buy it, you that wants to use it.

Edited by Hintswen Guardian

On 8/23/2018 at 9:55 AM, JessieHoo said:

Hello, I am looking for mailand parcels to purchase. I find a parcel at 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Foley/84/60/40

It has 30704 sqm, 10050 prims, and the asking price is Linden $ 538855 (17.5L$/sqm)

It is the only on sale adult parcel having open access to Linden sea in this region. And the location is nice and convenient with flat terrain. But I think the price is still too expensive? If I want to negotiate a fair price with the seller, where will be a good start point?

A pic of the land is attached. It is the bunk of the coast land that almost fills whole screen, from road to sea. It is the largest yellow box in the map in second pic.

Thank you very much!

Foley Estate_001.png

Foley Estate_002.png

Actually, that's a very cheap price for that sort of Adult prime land, and these sorts of lower prices under $20/m are what is making me ask if the summer slump is worse than usual. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.