My photo has a 97.7% chance of being awesome.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I found a website that uses a neural network (artificial intelligence) to evaluate how good is your photo is. I tried a photo of my mesh SL avatar and got 97.7%! It even suggests tags for your photo.  It's www.everypixel.com/aesthetics if anyone wants to play with it. 

Phototest.jpg

"Caucasian Ethniticy" ... "Sorry it was not me who's racist it was the algorimth"... please understand why I now choose to boycott this service...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

This isn't evaluating the avatars. I think the AI looks at the overall composition of the photo since this is a stock photo site.

I'd love to see (and understand) the coding for it. And dissect any biases..

The scariest thing about AI is who gets to write it, why, and for whom.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TatianaNikolay said:

I mean, if this is considered 1.9%...I quit lol.

I'm with you... apparently 99% of my pics suck.  I tried numerous pics. Most got single digits or below even though they generated tags like beautiful, sensual, fashion model, and sex symbol. Only one I tried that got in the 90s was the free Altamura avatar in her underwear and tank top. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

This isn't evaluating the avatars. I think the AI looks at the overall composition of the photo since this is a stock photo site.

In case my background was very blurred. Now with the original image:

image.thumb.png.2859a1db253c716ab581a5297fe6a1b0.png

What happen with the Asian/Chinese Ethnicity ? Where's my swag tag?

ARGH I'm gonna post anyway! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dementia Obviate said:

... apparently 99% of my pics suck.  I tried numerous pics. Most got single digits or below even though they generated tags like beautiful, sensual, fashion model, and sex symbol. Only one I tried that got in the 90s was the free Altamura avatar in her underwear and tank top. ?

Ditto.  Apparently I suck at taking any sort of self portraits.  I probably tossed a dozen or so at it with my highest score being 87.7% and almost all of the rest being less than 30%.  I do slightly better with landscape shots.  Out of about a dozen of those, I got 2 in the 90s and quite a few in the 70s and 80s.  My best one from everything I threw at it is a lighthouse picture that scored 97.7:

1241606695_20170723-Lighthouse1.thumb.jpg.9ceb6a3790189a4a43c10acfa6ab00c5.jpg

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So it is more about composition and then it guesses tags based on content.

no, it learns, it does not measure composition it learns stuff we do not understand (makes up it's own metrics) by comparing it to the rating of a training dataset and then judging how good the metric works...

Neural nets are scary, and they are the reason you sometimes get totally unappropriate google ads (no I do not nead diapers, I would know if I had a child, wouldn't I?) or why the US drops bombs on innocent farmers in Afghanistan... and in the future why an autonomous car will run over pedestrians because it thinks it is the best choice...

Most of the time their statistics are good but they totally lack ethics. I wish folks would leave them out of technologies that can and will kill people...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

So ... Skynet will be built to rate women on a scale of 1 to 10 and then take over the world?

We're still far away from a KI like this... but as we already cannot fully understand how neural networks work (and I bet most who rely on them know even less about them) we might as well one day create sentience without even recognising... but I'd say not before 50 to 100 years or so...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.