Colour Huds for Shoes / Skin Colour Not Working?

squashy Beeswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.  I'm struggling.  :-(  Lately, i cannot for the life of me get ANY colour change huds for ANY shoes to work for me.  (It's the skin colour on my feet that i'm trying to change). 

I can't think what the problem might be.  I end up with half coloured feet (splodges of different colour) or, if i'm really lucky, the foot changes colour but the toes (not the toenails, the toes) refuse to change. 

I'm in a script enabled area, i've rebaked, i've cleared cache, i've moved to a low lag area -- nothing works.  I've tried expensive shoes and still the huds refuse to work for me. 

I've contacted the creators and had replacement shoes sent to me and still they don't work.  I can't see any reason for this.

Am i the only one having this problem?  Please, please can anyone help?

Something else to consider ....

Reset your network devices (router/modem/switch/access point or any that apply) then reboot your computer.  We do this weekly at home for various reasons.  The "best practice" is to start at the computers and work backwards turning everything off.  Once everything is off, wait 30 seconds and then bring it all back up in reverse one piece at a time.  For me I start with the cable modem, let it come all the way up and then power up the switches.  Next is the wireless access followed by the network storage and ending with the PC's. 

Yeah, like I do that each time ... actually I shut down the UPS in the closet where all the network pieces are plugged in to it, then turn it back on.  While all those bits are flashing and coming up I reboot my PC and drum the table impatiently waiting for everything to start working again ... but the first way is the proper way to do it.

squashy Beeswing wrote:

No difference.  :-(

For what it's worth, it seems to be going around. I have a pair of sandals that allow me to change their color, my toenail color, and the visibility/color of my toe ring for each foot. For the last several days, I have had problems getting the hud to come up so I could change my toenail color. They just cleared out last night.

I'm currently running the 2.6.3 official viewer btw.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.