Jolene Merlin

Teleport on passing through Scripted Prim?

So I was visiting a star wars roleplay region on an alt the other day... called Legacies Telos IV, on a region called Fourth Dimension.

They have these doors where, all you have to do is just walk into them, and you're automatically teleported/delivered to another location in the Region.. no clicking involved.  You just walk into the door and poof.  The script is embedded in a non-physical/invisible prim that is placed just before the door itself... so you basically walk through the scripted prim and it automatically teleports you.

I've since tried contacting the creator of the script used in those doors, asking if he had them for sale somewhere, but he has never responded.

I am wondering if anyone knows of anything similar though, that might be available on the marketplace?

The LSL functions llTeleportAgent and llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords are designed to do exactly that, provided that you either (1) own the scripted object and are teleporting yourself or (2) have accepted an Experience in which the scripted portal has been enabled.  That's the way that the portals in Linden Pab's Portal Park and al of their game venues work, for example.  I don't know about the Fourth Dimension region personally, but I suspect that the landowner is a Premium member who has enabled an Experience in the region for that reason.

• Like 1

I think it does use Experience...

Didn't realize this type of portal function was dependent on that.

I wanted to use it as part of my roleplay base in another region that uses a different system...

If the region owner is a Premium member, she can create an Experience and then invite you to the content creator role in the group for the land so you can write scripts in the Experience.

I can ask about that, but it will probably just be easier for me to just use a 1 click teleport script.

I just thought it would be "cool" to have players simply "walk into" a portal, but clicking once accomplishes the end result as well.

3 hours ago, Jolene Merlin said:

I can ask about that, but it will probably just be easier for me to just use a 1 click teleport script.

I just thought it would be "cool" to have players simply "walk into" a portal, but clicking once accomplishes the end result as well.

An old work around would be to give the players a teleport hud/attachment. The attachment will take teleport permissions of the wearer, being the owner. When they walk through a door (using llVolumeDetect) the door could communicate on a hidden channel to the attachment who walked through, and where to teleport them to. Then the attachment would teleport them to the desired location using the functions mentioned above. No Experience needed for that. The downside is, if the parcel has teleport routing to a specific spot, the method I describe won't work. But if using an experience for it, it overrides the teleport routing

• Like 1