Purchase of parcel without premium account

FernandaCassia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have an account in second life a few years ago, I always had a premiun account, but for a few months I stopped paying, my status became as payment data informed.
These days, I noticed that in '' my land aba '', it says that I have 1024m² avaliable for purchases, in this case buying a land in that size, what fees would I have to pay considering the information I gave on this topic?
Thankful...

1 hour ago, FernandaCassia said:

Hello, I have an account in second life a few years ago, I always had a premiun account, but for a few months I stopped paying, my status became as payment data informed.
These days, I noticed that in '' my land aba '', it says that I have 1024m² avaliable for purchases, in this case buying a land in that size, what fees would I have to pay considering the information I gave on this topic?
Thankful...

I'm confused.  If you stopped paying, then you are either fully Basic now and thus cannot own any mainland or your account is in the process of downgrading to basic (to be completed at the end of the currently paid premium timeframe) and you still cannot own land - and I have no clue what a status of "payment data informed" means.  I also don't know what the page would show as "available" if you are in a downgrade status, but if you are in that status the system would not really let you buy any mainland.

What does your Account Summary page say?  i.e. Mine:
image.png.0be081a772109ee34fc0c2c3cc9f7178.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

LittleMe, the OP's inworld profile shows Payment Info Used. I assumed that's what she meant by Payment Data Informed.

yes, 

Untitled-5.png.62596a911c32fcb50e52d412d0cab4cc.png

--

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm confused.  If you stopped paying, then you are either fully Basic now and thus cannot own any mainland or your account is in the process of downgrading to basic (to be completed at the end of the currently paid premium timeframe) and you still cannot own land - and I have no clue what a status of "payment data informed" means.  I also don't know what the page would show as "available" if you are in a downgrade status, but if you are in that status the system would not really let you buy any mainland.

What does your Account Summary page say?  i.e. Mine:
image.png.0be081a772109ee34fc0c2c3cc9f7178.png

Untitled-3.png

Edited by FernandaCassia

Ah, I misunderstood what you were saying.  I thought you had begun paying for a Premium account once more.  If you're still on a Basic account then you can't buy land, and I have to assume the system hasn't caught up.  To buy a parcel on the Mainland now you'd have to upgrade to a Premium account.  You can still buy land now on a private estate, of course.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FernandaCassia said:

Untitled-3.png

I'm guessing either your Premium recently expired -- or maybe is still in that 'downgrading' status - and the Land Holdings page just hasn't quite caught up. Or the Land Holdings page has a bug - which in and of itself wouldn't actually be a big surprise. In any case, No, given your current status you cannot go buy any Mainland.

When Garnet mentions buying on a Private Estate, just be aware that you are not truly 'buying' - as in you would not really be the "owner" in the eyes of LL.  You would actually be paying rent to the true owner, though you usually would get close to full owner permissions on said land.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When Garnet mentions buying on a Private Estate, just be aware that you are not truly 'buying' - as in you would not really be the "owner" in the eyes of LL.  You would actually be paying rent to the true owner, though you usually would get close to full owner permissions on said land.

Quite true, I'm just mentioning an alternative.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Eu estou supondo que o seu Premium expirou recentemente - ou talvez ainda esteja com o status de 'downgrade' - e a página da Land Holdings não está completa. Ou a página da Land Holdings tem um bug - que por si só não seria uma grande surpresa. Em qualquer caso, não, dado o seu status atual você não pode ir comprar qualquer continente.

Quando Garnet menciona comprar em uma propriedade privada, basta estar ciente de que você não está realmente 'comprando' - como em você não seria realmente o "dono" aos olhos da LL. Você estaria realmente pagando aluguel para o verdadeiro dono, embora você normalmente chegasse perto das permissões completas do dono na dita terra.

14 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

É verdade, estou apenas mencionando uma alternativa.

Okay, signing the premium again, can I sell a parcel of land that I buy from someone or the abandoned land that LL sells? I'm tired of the LL houses, I wanted something on a beach land, since we're in the summer and moving house afterwards. But I do not like rent.
Thankful

You can just not sign up for the LL home - it is not a requirement of Premium to take the house. 

Then find a piece of Mainland that you like -- either one for sale or abandoned.  If for sale, buy it.  If abandoned, put in a Support ticket asking LL for it - normally, if they approve, they'll sell it to you for L$1 per sqm.

Anything you own on the Mainland you can sell later if you want.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Missed typing the '1' on the price for abandoned land
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

If you buy land on the Mainland you can sell it whenever you like.

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can just not sign up for the LL home - it is not a requirement of Premium to take the house. 

Then find a piece of Mainland that you like -- either one for sale or abandoned.  If for sale, buy it.  If abandoned, put in a Support ticket asking LL for it - normally, if they approve, they'll sell it to you for L$ per sqm.

Anything you own on the Mainland you can sell later if you want.

okay, thank you ?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.