Grumpity Linden

Recent Marketplace Deploys

You may have astutely noticed that we had released a number of changes to the Marketplace recently.  Some of them were unintentional (more on that below), but here’s the good stuff:

• Gift email was missing if the gift message was blank.  Everyone should get a gift email!

• Residents with the last name Resident couldn’t leave product reviews.  That was bad, and is fixed.

• Character count of product description included newlines and so was obviously wrong.  Righted that wrong.

• Favorites which are no longer available are now marked as such, and can all be removed with a single click

• Email changes on SL now propagate to the Marketplace.

• Allow merchants to choose to list multiple "Custom Avatar Brand Names"

• Retain “Sort By” preferences between pages and sessions.  Makes sense.

• You can now remove items from the Related Items popup.

• It’s “Land Impact” not “Prim Count”

• The Mesh Quiz is a thing of the past.  It will stay in the past, but will surely live on in our memories.

But wait, there's more! Coming soon: Wishlists, Favorite Sellers, Autocomplete brand names, Fix for BUG-225307 (Related inactive items) , Fix for BUG-225309 (Sorting bug)

• Thanks 10

19 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

It’s “Land Impact” not “Prim Count

Whoa. Finally!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Whoa. Finally!

EXACTLY my thought when I read the list :D.

I've been over in Sansar this month so haven't listed anything here in a bit but list of fixes looks very promising! 

So we don't get the option to disable receiving emails for zero linden price listings (like the demo items)?

Posted (edited)

Hi there thanks for all the hard work!  I'd like to mention another bug not listed. The brand name(s) field is not filled out when you edit a listing, resulting it to be gone when you save, unless you fill it out again every time you edit your listing. shouldn't these simple things be tested before they go live? 

also when I check out items from mp, my virus scanner tells me the certificate is untrusted

Edited by Belzebubble
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

So we don't get the option to disable receiving emails for zero linden price listings (like the demo items)?

OptimioMaximo, do you mean as a merchant or as a gift recipient?

4 hours ago, Belzebubble said:

Hi there thanks for all the hard work!  I'd like to mention another bug not listed. The brand name(s) field is not filled out when you edit a listing, resulting it to be gone when you save, unless you fill it out again every time you edit your listing. shouldn't these simple things be tested before they go live? 

A Jira ticket has already been raised for this https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225292

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

OptimioMaximo, do you mean as a merchant or as a gift recipient?

I mean as merchant

seems its the same bug but with changed behaviour, i had it show as all brands one day, no brands the next day. 

Couldn't there be an option so the owners of the stores set up themselves what they want their items to be sorted by?

Personally I would prefer to have the items to be sorted by the newest and I cant do it.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, Grumpity Linden said:

Favorites which are no longer available are now marked as such, and can all be removed with a single click

While this is a really useful feature it's not 100% reliable clicked on something that didn't say unavailable and it came up as unavailable

22 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

While this is a really useful feature it's not 100% reliable clicked on something that didn't say unavailable and it came up as unavailable

That may be true (reliability) - but is it not better to err on the safe side than the other way around (Marked as not available and still is, right?) :)

On 8/22/2018 at 9:53 PM, Grumpity Linden said:

The Mesh Quiz is a thing of the past.  It will stay in the past, but will surely live on in our memories.

Then this spoiler (*spoiler alert!*) will not hurt anymore either: All answers are 'no'.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:48 AM, OptimoMaximo said:

This and having more than one shop under the same user would be really helpful in my opinion.