Recent Marketplace Deploys

Grumpity Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

You may have astutely noticed that we had released a number of changes to the Marketplace recently.  Some of them were unintentional (more on that below), but here’s the good stuff:

• Gift email was missing if the gift message was blank.  Everyone should get a gift email!

• Residents with the last name Resident couldn’t leave product reviews.  That was bad, and is fixed.

• Character count of product description included newlines and so was obviously wrong.  Righted that wrong.

• Favorites which are no longer available are now marked as such, and can all be removed with a single click

• Email changes on SL now propagate to the Marketplace.

• Allow merchants to choose to list multiple "Custom Avatar Brand Names"

• Retain “Sort By” preferences between pages and sessions.  Makes sense.

• You can now remove items from the Related Items popup.

• It’s “Land Impact” not “Prim Count”

• The Mesh Quiz is a thing of the past.  It will stay in the past, but will surely live on in our memories.

But wait, there's more! Coming soon: Wishlists, Favorite Sellers, Autocomplete brand names, Fix for BUG-225307 (Related inactive items) , Fix for BUG-225309 (Sorting bug)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11

Hi there thanks for all the hard work!  I'd like to mention another bug not listed. The brand name(s) field is not filled out when you edit a listing, resulting it to be gone when you save, unless you fill it out again every time you edit your listing. shouldn't these simple things be tested before they go live? 

also when I check out items from mp, my virus scanner tells me the certificate is untrusted

Edited by Belzebubble
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Belzebubble said:

Hi there thanks for all the hard work!  I'd like to mention another bug not listed. The brand name(s) field is not filled out when you edit a listing, resulting it to be gone when you save, unless you fill it out again every time you edit your listing. shouldn't these simple things be tested before they go live? 

A Jira ticket has already been raised for this https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-225292

• Thanks 2

On 8/22/2018 at 8:53 PM, Grumpity Linden said:

Favorites which are no longer available are now marked as such, and can all be removed with a single click

While this is a really useful feature it's not 100% reliable clicked on something that didn't say unavailable and it came up as unavailable

22 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

While this is a really useful feature it's not 100% reliable clicked on something that didn't say unavailable and it came up as unavailable

That may be true (reliability) - but is it not better to err on the safe side than the other way around (Marked as not available and still is, right?) :)

• 1 month later...
  • Lindens
On 10/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Bumping:

Thanks @Grumpity Linden  do you have any rough timescale for the store owners to add managers to manage their lists - accepted on the JIRA below.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-216104

Thanks so much!

Charlotte, we don't have a timeline for this yet.  If we find a good way to do this, we'll be sure to mention it at the next user group ;)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.