0.2% of Zindra is Abandoned

Hintswen Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been crunching the numbers and approximately 0.2% of Zindra is abandoned land and the south east corner is still abandoned... Food for thought.

For comparison here's my numbers for the other continents:

Corsica - 25.62%
Gaeta 1 - 24.16%
Gaeta 4 - 23.26%
Heterocera 18.41%
Jeogeot - 32.51%
Nautilus Islands - 13.2%
Sansara - 15.48%
Satori - 28.78%
Sharp - 13.49%

• Thanks 3

So, some few land flippers decided "sex always sells" and went wrong now they have to charge astronomical prices to cut their losses. But if LL would just finish Zindra and start auctioning new land again the land flippers would just ragequit, thus leaving LL with a bunch of lost tier. I see no solution here, animats...

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I'd be curious what % of land is NOT for sale in Zindra too, heh.

well 2.37% is set for sale (2.25% if you only want land set for sale to anyone) so you can work it out...

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Also, what % of Zindra has more than 1ms of spare timing.

This I don't have details on but I doubt there's much if any.

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

I see no solution here, animats...

I'm not animats.

Of the 2.25% of Zindra that is set to sale to anyone the following people/groups are selling the most land:

Seller Area (%)
MAINLAND ONLY 12.47%
LIFE Land Holdings 9.14%
LIFE Properties 6.32%
LIFE Rentals 5.30%
Sarah Nerd Mainland Holdings 4.91%
Lydia (lydiaelle) 3.32%
Wynn (tiawynn) 3.32%
Hawa (younghang) 3.32
LIFE Lands Trust 3.29%
Gypsy Luna (offensivelybenign) 2.65%

• Thanks 2

On 8/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, Fionalein said:

So, some few land flippers decided "sex always sells" and went wrong now they have to charge astronomical prices to cut their losses. But if LL would just finish Zindra and start auctioning new land again the land flippers would just ragequit, thus leaving LL with a bunch of lost tier. I see no solution here, animats...

so the flippers will rage quit if there is cheaper land for sale, but they won't quit if they can hang on to their obscenely priced land that no one buys anyway?

Seems to me the flippers should just buy up all the new cheap land and thus keep the prices sky high. They will have even more unsellable land, so they will be even more successful.

Right?

3 hours ago, Phorumities said:

so the flippers will rage quit if there is cheaper land for sale, but they won't quit if they can hang on to their obscenely priced land that no one buys anyway?

Seems to me the flippers should just buy up all the new cheap land and thus keep the prices sky high. They will have even more unsellable land, so they will be even more successful.

Right?

They coudl come to that conclusion, provided they want to invest more dead capital. The sales prices must compensate for the losses they have from not selling most of their lands... that is why they are so high.

Edited by Fionalein

4 hours ago, Fionalein said:

They coudl come to that conclusion, provided they want to invest more dead capital. The sales prices must compensate for the losses they have from not selling most of their lands... that is why they are so high.

Yes but the higher they set their prices, the less land they will sell.

Tier is the same on general, mature and adult. They could sell all their Zindra land holdings tomorrow if it was at a more reasonable price.

But, its their choice to hold on to it forever, hoping someone will buy, paying tier month after month.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, Fionalein said:

55 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

Tier is the same on general, mature and adult. They could sell all their Zindra land holdings tomorrow if it was at a more reasonable price.

But, its their choice to hold on to it forever, hoping someone will buy, paying tier month after month.

What is this "reasonable" price per m2 that you deem appropriate? 

1 hour ago, encidious Opus said:

What is this "reasonable" price per m2 that you deem appropriate? 

reasonable is any price someone is willing to pay for it. most land is set for sale at prices most people are not willing to pay ergo the prices are unreasonable. there are still two roadside parcels for sale beside my place on a mature sim. they are still listed at $6 L per sq m and probably will be untill the flippers decide to cut their losses and lower the asking price. but the clock is ticking because every month they have to pay tier and sooner or later any profit they could have made will be lost forever.

On 8/21/2018 at 10:21 PM, Hintswen Guardian said:
On 8/21/2018 at 6:59 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Also, what % of Zindra has more than 1ms of spare timing.

This I don't have details on but I doubt there's much if any.

Well, I know a cluster of four with consistently more than 4ms (one has more like 12ms) Spare Time: Laffoon, West Mill, Oxbrow, and Pengallen Bridge. I'm sure others in the area do, too. 

People have very odd fantasies about Zindra. I do have one parcel on a Zindra sim that gets less than 100% scripts run, and it's for the same reason it is everywhere on Mainland: a breedable factory farm. Nothing remotely kinky about it, just a skybox full of ol' timey Amaretto lag-nags. 

On 8/21/2018 at 10:32 PM, Hintswen Guardian said:

I've been crunching the numbers and approximately 0.2% of Zindra is abandoned land and the south east corner is still abandoned... Food for thought.

For comparison here's my numbers for the other continents:

Corsica - 25.62%
Gaeta 1 - 24.16%
Gaeta 4 - 23.26%
Heterocera 18.41%
Jeogeot - 32.51%
Nautilus Islands - 13.2%
Sansara - 15.48%
Satori - 28.78%
Sharp - 13.49%

Feelsbadman 

I own 3 Sims in Jeogeot rofl

It also makes buying easier. You can literally buy out the whole block unobstructed and unchallenged. 

Edited by iamyourneighbour

9 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

Feelsbadman 

I own 3 Sims in Jeogeot rofl

It also makes buying easier. You can literally buy out the whole block unobstructed and unchallenged. 

My QR Code project needed a full sim worth of space so I went with Gaeta 1, there were at least a dozen full abandoned sims around so I picked one and went with it.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 8:23 PM, Phorumities said:

Unfortunately there are more than enough gullible people to go around. Otherwise there would be no flippers. 

I have watched someone pay 11L per sqm on Jeogeot just because a parcel is next to the road despite plenty of abandoned roadside land being available for auction. I guess right click to buy in world is the only way some people know how to buy land. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.