SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

This scheduled maintenance affects: Second Life Services (Logins), Second Life Regions (Second Life Main Channel Regions, Second Life RC LeTigre Regions, Second Life RC BlueSteel Regions, Second Life RC Magnum Regions, Second Life RC Snack Regions, Second Life RC Cake Regions), Websites (secondlife.com, marketplace.secondlife.com, my.secondlife.com, support.secondlife.com, search.secondlife.com, places.secondlife.com), and Inworld Services (Rezzing, Teleports).

We super-oldbies remember when the entire grid would shut down in the morning at 7AM Pacific time until around 10 to 11AM, sometimes 12PM or so. Every. Single. Wednesday. That was grid update time. Of course, now they have the rolling-restarts and whenever I hear people complain about having to jump sim-to-sim because of that it makes me want to take out my 2006 Cage-Orbit-Deformer gun and blast them instantly to 50,000 meters into the sky with it.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 7

Now that things are back up, how about a riddle ... How many Squishy Pickles does it take to fill an atoll?!

pickle2.png.4d5a13ca4ef4a05bf606458ec24653c3.pngpickle1.png.e1e39402a5319248c6dd488b40cbada7.png

I don't relish having to share the answer, but it's a dilly ... give up? Cucumber and fifty!

And another nautical-themed one: What's green and swims in the sea? Moby Gherkin!

Great job Moles!!!

(In memory of Madame Maracas, my favorite punny pal)

• Haha 8

On 4/10/2019 at 6:22 PM, Fionalein said:

And once the initial rush is over we will have an almost dead sub-Forum :D

I noticed the number of posts now in the Linden Homes sub-Forum and this comment came to mind. I think we've done an excellent job of keeping this forum hopping. Here's to many, many more months of activity!!!

0ac0bee59af4573f63fe9b72e998c666.png

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I'm not sure it was necessary to crosspost this to six other forums, especially since most here in the forums, by now, have already subscribed to Patch's news thread and likely got the message in email long before your cross-posting. Just saying.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm not sure it was necessary to crosspost this to six other forums, especially since most here in the forums, by now, have already subscribed to Patch's news thread and likely got the message in email long before your cross-posting. Just saying.

Yep, although by doing all those crossposts, it sure highlighted how many "when will we get homes????" threads there are. lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yep, although by doing all those crossposts, it sure highlighted how many "when will we get homes????" threads there are. lol

True, and she still didn't get them all LOL

Edit to add: @Fritigern Gothly - the reason cross-posting is frowned on (literally, even by the Lindens) - is that it totally wrecks and polluted the "Unread Messages" option that lists all unread messages since the last time you were on. I hit that link and all I saw was a tall wall of threads that all said exactly the same thing next to your name.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Eh... people have been complaining and begging for updates, etc., for nearly a month now. 

Of all the things in the world to pick on someone about, cross-posting information that people have been begging for to the very threads the begging has happened in... well, really, that was just uncalled for, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Eh... people have been complaining and begging for updates, etc., for nearly a month now. 

Of all the things in the world to pick on someone about, cross-posting information that people have been begging for to the very threads the begging has happened in... well, really, that was just uncalled for, I think. 

Read my update as to WHY. So, absolutely called-for.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Read my update as to WHY.

I get it. It made me roll my eyes, too, for the 50 seconds it took me to move through the threads. 

She was trying to be helpful, though. I still say your response was persnickety and unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I get it. It made me roll my eyes, too, for the 50 seconds it took me to move through the threads. 

She was trying to be helpful, though. I still say your response was persnickety and unnecessary. 

Persnickity, maybe. However, note that I did not say it was wrong, I did not say it was against the rules, I did not even wag my finger. I said "I'm not sure it was necessary..." So call it what you will. This part is persnickity: you have my permission to take the last word on the subject. LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I sure will be glad when everyone has a darned home so all the threads about "are we there yet?" and all the scolding over whether we are allowed to sigh about the many threads about "are we there yet?" and all the people that can't be bothered to read all the other threads on the very same topic they are now starting even more threads about etc. etc. etc. end and we can just move along to more interesting topics. Like say, formation of a feral cat colony.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Well, she posted only a link for helping, then 9 people replied,  me included, and we did good, was necessary to start this thread? I just needed to say  my opinion, even if I know that is not good to keep the forum busy with not so much interesting matters. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I sure will be glad when everyone has a darned home so all the threads about "are we there yet?" and all the scolding over whether we are allowed to sigh about the many threads about "are we there yet?" and all the people that can't be bothered to read all the other threads on the very same topic they are now starting even more threads about etc. etc. etc. end and we can just move along to more interesting topics. Like say, formation of a feral cat colony.

You mean in 2021? ;)

I don't think it will be a home for everyone in a long time, and while it goes on, you will have the threads about "I wanted xx but they are all taken, so I had to take yy instead. When will LL make more xx? It is bad management, why does it take so long time..

etc. 😲

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Luna Istmal said:

Well, she posted only a link for helping, then 9 people replied,  me included, and we did good, was necessary to start this thread? I just needed to say  my opinion, even if I know that is not good to keep the forum busy with not so much interesting matters. :)

That's certainly fair! :) As for myself, I always try to never "scold" others and phrase things as accurately as I'm able so it is clear that it is only how I feel about something and not that anything inparticular defacto right or wrong. Unless it actually is. LOL

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Barbie Glas said:

Any guesses on what the next theme is? Maybe rustic mountain homes? It's really cool watching this continent come alive. 

OH Dayam, I forgot about those "Tahoe" themes on the old versions. Now THAT I would jump on more enthusiastically than the current themes. You have now just exponentially spiked up my excitement and anticipation along with heart-rate. I hate you.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 2