SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

12 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I agree, especially since they have warned that people might have trouble logging on, etc. I'm sure they have considered the negative reactions if they were to try a release then and it got borked by maintenance issues. It sure seems possible that network problems could interfere with the ability to assign unclaimed parcels, etc. I'm thinking maybe the week of the 24th, but it could even be the week after, once Memorial Day has passed. 

Perhaps, but "scheduled" means planned and they don't make their plans a week or two in advance; they make their plans months in advance and it was reported that  @Patch Linden dropped a doosy of a clue just before last weekend (making this the second one just passed) that the new batch will be released imminently soon (praphrased). Since he is one of the Big Kahuna Lindens, I would think he is in the know about maintenance plans, etc.

Of course we all are basically shooting in the dark, blindfolded, with our eyes gouged out. LOL

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Perhaps, but "scheduled" means planned and they don't make their plans a week or two in advance; they make their plans months in advance and it was reported that  @Patch Linden dropped a doosy of a clue just before last weekend (making this the second one just passed) that the new batch will be released imminently soon (praphrased). Since he is one of the Big Kahuna Lindens, I would think he is in the know about maintenance plans, etc.

Of course we all are basically shooting in the dark, blindfolded, with our eyes gouged out. LOL

True, and I guess the question then would be just how pre-planned was this network maintenance. Who called dibs on today first? Patch or the maintenance scheduler? lol

I shall have bowls of popcorn on standby in case they DO release homes in the middle of a huge maintenance project. 

23 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

True, and I guess the question then would be just how pre-planned was this network maintenance. Who called dibs on today first? Patch or the maintenance scheduler? lol

I shall have bowls of popcorn on standby in case they DO release homes in the middle of a huge maintenance project. 

Agreed. We don;t have our eyes, but the trigger-fingers are still twitchy. I'm going to do the gambler thing, betting on today (at least before 6PM SL time) and shout "I CALL!"  LOL

If the network maintenance is related to region handoff issues(and sim crossings did get a bit failtastic again last night, guessing some switch got flipped early in preparation) the maintenance could have been scheduled fairly recently and I'd think it should be a higher priority. I'm not under the impression the houseboat expansion was particularly planned in advance either, but that the next batch of homes was on the road map for June.

Edited by Evola Courtois
  • Like 1

They were telling people the next batch of linden homes would be in June and they didn't know anything more, that was roughly 3 weeks ago. There has been no date set for houseboats from what I've seen, other than the "soon" and "very soon", which is why I said 

I'm not under the impression the houseboat expansion was particularly planned in advance either, but that the next batch of homes was on the road map for June.

There comes a time when excitement and anticipation turns to frustration, then turns to apathy. 

Its a different threshold for everyone, but I see the anticipation becoming frustration. We live in an instant gratification world, its hard to be patient for many.

Edited by Heathernorton
expanded
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Evola Courtois said:

They were telling people the next batch of linden homes would be in June and they didn't know anything more, that was roughly 3 weeks ago. There has been no date set for houseboats from what I've seen, other than the "soon" and "very soon", which is why I said 

I spoke direct to LL support and they told me they dont have a date i asked if was june they just said they don't have any date or timing information to release at the moment.

• Like 2

SSP83_20190513.png.3495c957aa16b58bd7cd29241ae62cd7.png

Looks like the moles have been busy on the southwest corner of SSP83. I see 4 cabins/trailers in place now.

The Pickle Island Marina centered around SSP452 seems to be complete as well. Things are moving along!

Edited by Lukas Thetan
Clarification
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 4:18 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

I keep thinking that XT stands for eXTended, but what kind of an extension that may be is anybody's guess.
Perhaps it's the location where the Moles develop their new builds? A location for Quartz Mole to do their scripting? A well-developed region, covered by a massive 256x256 platform to hide its contents from prying eyes (OUR eyes) so as not to spoil the surprise? 

I'll have to search around in my inventory for that Super Secret Parabolic X-ray Telescope I found at SL4B to see if it's possible to get a better look at those mystery regions!

• Haha 3

I am guilty of double posting this but wanted you guys to see what those octagon buildings were on the new atoll. Pretty much what I expected. LOTS of beachiness in the community areas. It is really quite nice!

1731655665_boathouseatoll2400.thumb.jpg.21ecf760a24df42b6b9f8880860ac2b2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1