SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

20 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hey I was just counting green dots over on the new "atoll" at SSP (five folks there now) and I noted something I don't THINK was mentioned about those red and green boxes. 

If you look closely all the RED boxes are inside 1024 plots next to houseboats while the GREEN dots are in the center of the regions.

So it seems LIKELY that the red dots are about houseboat rezzers not working correctly and the ones where they are all working are green. So that doesn't necessarily mean that the REGION is all finished (some have been missing flora for awhile and folks have been working on those empty areas).  

Not sure why it took me so long to notice that :D.  

You are right, but it does look like the reds are also in the center of the regions, as well(they just happens to be over parcels). I wonder if the tiny red dots mean anything, or maybe i'm just overthinking? I'd imagine they probably have signs or a workboard somewhere letting them know which houses need work on the rezzer and scripts. I agree that green doesn't necessarily mean totally done though, as you're right on the landscaping.

Doesn't SL usually take a couple of days for the sim image to catch up, though? Or perhaps it's different on their work and they can update it immediately.

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hey I was just counting green dots over on the new "atoll" at SSP (five folks there now) and I noted something I don't THINK was mentioned about those red and green boxes. 

If you look closely all the RED boxes are inside 1024 plots next to houseboats while the GREEN dots are in the center of the regions.

So it seems LIKELY that the red dots are about houseboat rezzers not working correctly and the ones where they are all working are green. So that doesn't necessarily mean that the REGION is all finished (some have been missing flora for awhile and folks have been working on those empty areas).  

Not sure why it took me so long to notice that :D.  

Both the green and red dots are in dead center of each region. You can check this by typing in the search part of the map a specific region name and it will automatically focus on dead center.

a287fccb7bd329cb57f757e8b6c77f48.png

25e48014bf49fd8a47bd7f3086f25714.png

484 = green and 467 = red ... so it's gotta mean something else. I don't quite buy the red = not finished and the green = go. As there are red dots in some that look totally done. So, who knows? Oh yeah, the moles know! :P 

Edited by Blush Bravin

1 hour ago, s2Pandora said:

You are right, but it does look like the reds are also in the center of the regions, as well(they just happens to be over parcels). I wonder if the tiny red dots mean anything, or maybe i'm just overthinking? I'd imagine they probably have signs or a workboard somewhere letting them know which houses need work on the rezzer and scripts. I agree that green doesn't necessarily mean totally done though, as you're right on the landscaping.

Doesn't SL usually take a couple of days for the sim image to catch up, though? Or perhaps it's different on their work and they can update it immediately.

Depends but I have gone over and LOOKED physically where the new place is "supposed to be" LOL and it hasn't been there.  I seem to have a a later map that some folks as things get reported here and I don't see them for a few hours. Not sure how all that works.   Only one person there now possibly working on flora and rocks and beach umbrellas as the map shows empty sand at the moment. 

Getting there.  Hopefully my guess of "Tuesday" last week will be a good one, but if not we will just wait and see. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't quite buy the red = not finished and the green = go. As there are red dots in some that look totally done.

The "not finished" could also mean that it has not passed full testing yet, so red even though it looks done.

3 hours ago, s2Pandora said:

SSP194 has some new streets on it.

Or only what I could assume would be streets.

Definitely streets, given how they line up exactly with the existing ones of the connecting parcels.

• Like 1

Noticed something new today.

If you look very closely(easier to see if you go to the area yourself and move the map around), there's dark blue bordering the bottom of the continent. Some suspect it's the servers coming online.

Edit: This could be wishful thinking as well though, as the current build on SSP is 6 regions wide. The blue would have to have 2 more to match up.

Either way, we shall see.

Edit 2: Aaaand blue area on the south channel was just widened by quite a bit.

image.png.d1e94780dc87b3e39b7841030d35cceb.png

Edited by s2Pandora
Edited in another tidbit.

16 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Noticed something new today.

If you look very closely(easier to see if you go to the area yourself and move the map around), there's dark blue bordering the bottom of the continent. Some suspect it's the servers coming online.

image.png.d1e94780dc87b3e39b7841030d35cceb.png

Who is up for a watch party?

• Like 1

I hope some of you are there to see it happen! I remember watching the mole-built amusement park in Bay City rise from the waters. We knew about it in advance and had a watch party from a rooftop, and it was so cool to see it magically rise up and into position!

ETA for the literal folks in here: Yeah, I know it did not actually rise from below the water. But it looked like it did, and we all said "ooh" and "ahh" just the same. ;)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Southern channel is now 8 wide (dark blue has been extended over).

image.png.171313d45b539681f37ee482c95ae051.png

Which would be just wide "enough" to fit the new boathouse island... (five for the island per se, and an extra one to allow navigation around it = 6; Add to it the 2 old channel ones, and there you go = 8 sims wide)

Just saying... ;)

Edited by Marsellus Walcott

On 5/5/2019 at 8:05 PM, Daniel Voyager said:

When it all goes green then the go ahead will be given. Probably next week. 

Why Can't the lindens give an update on what is happening. And not everyone guessing what is going on and what they will be ready.

1 minute ago, Heathernorton said:

I thought the new houseboat island was going to replace the "pickle", I guess we will know soon enough 

Me too!

But eight sims wide channel? Sounds a bit too much, right?

Especially when that's precisely what you need to fit the island, and still keep the channel at its current wideness.

I don't know... It's just too big of a coincidence, imho...

But yes, we will know soon enough. :D

2 minutes ago, Frankief said:

Why Can't the lindens give an update on what is happening. And not everyone guessing what is going on and what they will be ready.

It builds anticipation and excitement  as well as keeping the pressure off of deadlines

• Like 4

Bit of an update. As of right now, the dark blue areas have mostly all disappeared aside from a few hugging the current south edges of the  landmass as it is right now.

Edit: Blue area is back.

Edited by s2Pandora

Perhaps we have an SL version of Atlantis. What was once an island has now sunk leaving only sandbars and a city of houseboats.

atlantis.thumb.png.08835e308cf3b748201bf97e5c203166.png

It's no coincidence that the two areas are exact matches for each other except for elevation.

I know this has been all but confirmed by our fearless leader ... but still there are rumors that it may end up elsewhere. I seriously doubt it will end up anywhere else. Time will tell though. Wouldn't be the first time I got left with egg on my face if it turns up somewhere else. :) 

• Like 4