Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, scripty types always do the stuff under the hood with UUIDs.  Most regular people, though, don't like to deal with UUIDs and almost certainly don't know their own. The big challenge, then, is to find a way to write a script that will let the end user type in a name and then secretly convert it into a UUID.  Linden Lab makes life a little more difficult because there are now three common forms for standard names, plus Display Names.  The trick is to write a script that will take whatever name a user supplies, recognize what form it's in, and then match it to a UUID somewhere deep in the LL servers.  Depending on how clever the scripter is, she can do all sorts of hidden magic to get the job done and make life as easy as possible for the rest of us.

The script uses llName2Key() which takes Firstname Lastname, or firstname.lastname, if no last name is given, then the last name of Resident is assumed.
This is as flexible as it gets.
And yes, this DOES secretly convert the name to a UUID, it does exactly as you say it should work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just checked it.  My alt had added me earlier today and I cannot use the control panel.  I just logged her in again and had her check - she did click LIST and also VIEW LIST.  Both of those showed my name in chat (with the dot, which should be fine), but I cannot use the panel.

Did you reset the house controller as Patch suggested? Just click and hold the mailbox for more than 2 seconds. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I just checked it.  My alt had added me earlier today and I cannot use the control panel.  I just logged her in again and had her check - she did click LIST and also VIEW LIST.  Both of those showed my name in chat (with the dot, which should be fine), but I cannot use the panel.

Guess I'll open a ticket and see what Support says.

This has happened to others of us since they updated the control panels the other day. I forget now which thread we were discussing it in (could even be this one for all I know), but for me, the solution was to keep trying to set it until it suddenly started working. It's like it just needed to be kicked a few times to wake up after its update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

Did you reset the house controller as Patch suggested? Just click and hold the mailbox for more than 2 seconds. 

The house controller is not the same as the control panel (though they do sound similar). Patch was talking about the mailbox (or the equivalent on the houseboats) that lets you select which house you want. The control panel is the one inside the house, that lets you set access and change the wall colors, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish to send a hug to Dyna Mole: she called me for helping cause she read my post, thank you very much Dyna, we have a great Linden team! :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

The house controller is not the same as the control panel (though they do sound similar). Patch was talking about the mailbox (or the equivalent on the houseboats) that lets you select which house you want. The control panel is the one inside the house, that lets you set access and change the wall colors, etc. 

Yes I know, but it worked for resident name only after I reset it, so I guess they are connected in some way...

Edited by Luna Istmal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

Did you reset the house controller as Patch suggested? Just click and hold the mailbox for more than 2 seconds. 

Yep, I did that, though I wasn't sure if it was needed since the house controller is separate from the Control panel.  I even had my alt change it back to just her and then back to the list again.   

 

12 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

I wish to send a hug to Dyna Mole: she called me for helping cause she read my post, thank you very much Dyna, we have a great Linden team! :)

Did she reset something or were you actually missing a step?

 

Roughly one minute after I touch the control panel, then I see the following in chat, but I never got the control panel pop up window:
[15:48:17] LH - Traditional - Winchester: Control menu has timed out. Touch control panel again to make any further changes.
[15:48:17] LH - Traditional - Winchester: 
House details updated.

 

ETA -- Finally.  The previous last action of my alt was to just click Ignore back on the main window.  However, she then went back in and checked the LIST function again, only this time when she got BACK to the main window, she clicked DONE.  Now I have access.  How odd.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

ETA -- Finally.  The previous last action of my alt was to just click Ignore back on the main window.  However, she then went back in and checked the LIST function again, only this time when she got BACK to the main window, she clicked DONE.  Now I have access.  How odd.

She fixed something, well all resolved now for me and you, wow!  She was so fast and kind… great! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Teager said:

Hmmmm.... 

79743a79e203f82e59d04717a973785b.png

d38dc5e119b97bc3d566632f89e798ba.png

I spy a cute new community area going in!

Or they are just having a party

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or they are just having a party

s4eamxv.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of us in the Bellisseria Citizens group were speculating that this area might end up being a sort of urban/downtown area. The double streets might be some sort of a mian street, and if you notice, the lots seem to be quite close together with what might be alleyways in between them. 

ssp.png

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the new little waterways and airports make me excited to finish my little lake amphibian and take it up the continental bridge :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stlshayne said:

Some of us in the Bellisseria Citizens group were speculating that this area might end up being a sort of urban/downtown area. The double streets might be some sort of a mian street, and if you notice, the lots seem to be quite close together with what might be alleyways in between them. 

ssp.png

Could be a new shopping area 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel Voyager said:

Could be a new shopping area 

Based on everything we know, I'd be very surprised if we saw any sort of retail on the continent. I'd be open for some fictional mock-ups of stores, though. Who knows what will happen ultimately. It certainly wouldn't feel very urban if there weren't any 'stores' or nightlife or more community areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Based on everything we know, I'd be very surprised if we saw any sort of retail on the continent. I'd be open for some fictional mock-ups of stores, though. Who knows what will happen ultimately. It certainly wouldn't feel very urban if there weren't any 'stores' or nightlife or more community areas.

It looks like new big Linden Homes at the moment. Looks similar to houseboats though north/south. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry I missed reading this Forum and seeing others were having problems with their house / houseboat control panels - the panel by the door - after the recent upgrade. I, too, had this problem. My alt and my friend suddenly found they could no longer open doors or access our houseboat control panel. I used Live Chat to ask for help and at one point I had three Lindens including Patch trying to sort the problem. We all thought the problem was fixed after my friend suddenly found she could, again, open doors. However, the following morning she tried our houseboat control panel and found she still couldn't access it. The final solution proved to be this - First, clear the whitelist in the Control Panel, remove all names. Set the house / houseboat access to Anyone. Recreate the whitelist with all the names of those who you want to have access. Then set the house / houseboat access back to List. I, personally, don't use the new Security System panel as I haven't, so far, had any problems with trespassers and it's 5 Li. However, I did briefly instal it while having the access problem and found the easiest way to add names to the access notecard you drop into the board was to get the house / housboat control panel to list the people on its whitelist in Chat and then copy this to a notecard.

Edited by BobbieEarhart
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BobbieEarhart I am pleased to hear that you have found a solution to the problem with your Control Panel.  We do our best to make anything we create work perfectly every time, but it's hard to know when some unpredictable problem.will pop up under just the right circumstances.

If you ever have a problem like this again, consider another possible way out.  Use your House Controller (mailbox or life buoy) to rez a new copy of exactly the same model home.  It sounds like a drastic solution because it certainly would be in Real Life. It's not, really. The new home will rez in precisely the same spot as the old one.  Your decor choices and access whitelist -- saved in the servers -- should be restored. Because you cannot reset scripts in a Linden Home, replacing the whole thing might be your easiest solution.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:
6 hours ago, stlshayne said:

Based on everything we know, I'd be very surprised if we saw any sort of retail on the continent. I'd be open for some fictional mock-ups of stores, though. Who knows what will happen ultimately. It certainly wouldn't feel very urban if there weren't any 'stores' or nightlife or more community areas.

 It looks like new big Linden Homes at the moment. Looks similar to houseboats though north/south. 

I think it would be fun to convert a home or houseboat to a “neighborhood store” or “cafe”.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it would be fun to convert a home or houseboat to a “neighborhood store” or “cafe”.

Some have :) I have a Books & Coffee shop behind me and somewhere else, someone made a cafe. There are a few others as well. AFAIK, nothing is for sale, so it's all legal.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it would be fun to convert a home or houseboat to a “neighborhood store” or “cafe”.

Or a waterside pub! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dyna Mole said:

@BobbieEarhart I am pleased to hear that you have found a solution to the problem with your Control Panel.  We do our best to make anything we create work perfectly every time, but it's hard to know when some unpredictable problem.will pop up under just the right circumstances.

If you ever have a problem like this again, consider another possible way out.  Use your House Controller (mailbox or life buoy) to rez a new copy of exactly the same model home.  It sounds like a drastic solution because it certainly would be in Real Life. It's not, really. The new home will rez in precisely the same spot as the old one.  Your decor choices and access whitelist -- saved in the servers -- should be restored. Because you cannot reset scripts in a Linden Home, replacing the whole thing might be your easiest solution.

Rezzing a new copy of the home did not work for me, but clearing and resetting the list in the House Controller a few times did the trick. This all happened right after the controllers were updated, so hopefully it was just a limited issue that has since resolved.  :)   (And I'm happy to confirm that rezzing a new copy of the same model of home did not wipe out the previous settings.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...