SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

8 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

This, as well as the North and West coastline of Newbrooke homes, are begging (nay, screaming) to be completed. Really hoping this won't turn into another Gaeta I, waiting, waiting for this "shortened" route from the Blake to Sansara and on to Heterocera... What are the Moles waiting on? I'm thinking possibly a connection to a new theme area extending further north and eventually joining Newbrookes?

We know the Moles are not allowed to make regions that don't pay for themselves with Linden Homes or something that adds real financial value to SL. Since the Premium Plus people want their 2048 parcels and they're paying considerably more than other accounts to get them, we should expect those to start popping up in the next few months. Where though?

I think the void in the middle of the the Newbrooks would be a good spot, since it would put these parcels close to the prized Blake Sea route. Another potential area for a whole new theme would be the space about the Log Homes and to the West of Sakura, which would likely make the Northern Log Home coastal route more likely too. The North-Western Newbrook coast might be able to wait for a bit, since people now have the river between the Chalets and the Newbrooks.

On another note:

Who else thinks we need names for the River through the Chalets and the River between the Chalets and Newbrook?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:
14 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

This, as well as the North and West coastline of Newbrooke homes, are begging (nay, screaming) to be completed. Really hoping this won't turn into another Gaeta I, waiting, waiting for this "shortened" route from the Blake to Sansara and on to Heterocera... What are the Moles waiting on? I'm thinking possibly a connection to a new theme area extending further north and eventually joining Newbrookes?

We know the Moles are not allowed to make regions that don't pay for themselves with Linden Homes or something that adds real financial value to SL.

If money is the issue, that is, recurring region server expense, I would derez the coastline of Fantasseria and reallocate the servers to the northern coast of the logs, giving residents a very nice water route from old Belli to the Stilts.

17 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Who else thinks we need names for the River through the Chalets and the River between the Chalets and Newbrook?

I have dubbed the great riverway through the Chalets "Magellan Passage", which also extends as the deep water channel south through the Stilts as well as north as far as the water connection to Satori.  As far as the riverway between Chalets and Newbrookes... Mole River (to honor all the hard working moles)? Newbrooke Channel?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Cuteso!  My pooch Flycan definitely needs a more cuddly personality.  Anyone know where this avatar came from?

It looks exactly like the animesh from rezzroom, but I don't think they have a avatar just a pet. Maybe Grumpy was invisible with the dog by his side :)

[Rezz Room] Yorkshire Adult Animesh

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

It looks exactly like the animesh from rezzroom, but I don't think they have a avatar just a pet. Maybe Grumpy was invisible with the dog by his side :)

Thank you, of course!  Odd that I didn't think of that, since I've spent time as a kitty in exactly the same way :)  (I'm the only animal I allow on the table!)

1634560643_Hellfuel_001.jpg.ff78412971f477fd21bf69f717736410.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

I have dubbed the great riverway through the Chalets "Magellan Passage", which also extends as the deep water channel south through the Stilts as well as north as far as the water connection to Satori.  As far as the riverway between Chalets and Newbrookes... Mole River (to honor all the hard working moles)? Newbrooke Channel?

I really like "Magellan's Passage" for the passage through the Stilt Homes to the SW,  the big river through the Chalets, then the passage up the East coast, the deep channel through the Houseboats, and over the sea to Chrife beach.

Mole River sounds good for the passage between the Chalets and Newbrook, though Sleepy River has a nice ring to it, as does AbnorMole Channel.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SanFroggy said:

Mole River, wider than a mile,
I'm crossing you in style some day...
Oh, dream maker,
You heart-breaker,
Wherever you're going,
I'm going your way...

Looks like MOLE RIVER it is :))

It's not a very wide river at the ends though. Maybe we can say "Wider than a smile?"

(We need more Audrey Hepburn style in SL.)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Wow, a 6-Mole Day so far; so exciting!   LOL, I just discovered that a group of Moles is called a Labour of Moles.  Well, they certainly are laboring (labouring?)!!   Moving so fast, working so hard, I can't even get them to rez, LOL.  No matter; exciting day and week!

2026963817_OwlsFlight1_001.thumb.jpg.05e170d5d0ca0fa556a5805968afa053.jpg

1621143196_OwlsFlight1_002.thumb.jpg.e404ca5cd523e71d9d41e66b36a68810.jpg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
My spying eye....
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

These have been here for months, so it's not a failure of the map in updating.  Are these private island regions that LL can hide from neighboring regions so it looks to us like there's just open water there?

They're map ghosts. When no new region is placed in a space, the ghosts can stick around for a long time. You can tell because when you're zoomed in enough to see the region names of active regions, these ones have none.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/1/2023 at 12:31 AM, Frigga Freidman said:

Hmmm, there are some nice tropical/Stilt-landscape-ish Newbrookes on the way - I find these much more appealing than the suburban environment ones dominated by concrete walls/fences. These are in SSPSolomon Reef and SSPThunder Quay.

newb.jpg

newb2.jpg

This a really attractive Newbrooke area and style. The region is showing yellow. Is that a slight clue about when it may be available? If I was Premium Plus, what colour would allow a property reservation request? Thank you.

• Like 2

• Moles
1 hour ago, Anthony McGregor said:

If I was Premium Plus, what colour would allow a property reservation request? Thank you.

No color. Wait until the region is released (no border and not named with SSP at the beginning).

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000167487-premium-plus-faq#I-heard-that-Premium-Plus-members-can-request-specific-Linden-Homes-for-themselves.-Is-this-true?

"Premium Plus members can request a specific Linden Home, as long as the home is not occupied, the region is released (if a Linden Home region begins with "SSP", it is still unreleased), and they do not currently have another Linden Home."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

On 7/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, 4lice Cerise said:

There is another such void area nearby, between regions SSPObladi and SSPJosie Banks — also as big as 24 regions, but in a very different shape, marking the southeast boundary of Newbrooke. We've seen similar “holes” on the grid elsewhere throughout this fantastic adventure that the Bellisseria development has been. They have been eventually filled up

And it eventually was! Thank you, Moles!!

• Like 3