SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Apologies if this has been discussed and I am not seeing it, but what are these white specks on the map? Does the mountain have dandruff now?

Hmmm.  I don't think they were there yesterday.  They look like they are above the light yellow border to the region, but that's only at about 155m.  They are only in the Sojisan NE region.  The Shergood Aviation map has them as well.  I positioned myself under a largish block and flew, rotating, up above 4000m and didn't see anything.  Perhaps a corrupted map tile?

Or, given how much hysteresis there is in the map, perhaps something that WAS there earlier, and is now gone?

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Apologies if this has been discussed and I am not seeing it, but what are these white specks on the map? Does the mountain have dandruff now?

Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 11.47.52 PM.png

There has been particle snow up there for a while… perhaps it has turned into a blizzard

• Like 4

Do we have any idea what Kodokuna Josei will eventually turn out to be? It's the one that has the large water area leading into Jollly Serpent and on down to the stilt homes. I assume the rail line will continue down from Shobu, but am wondering if the park-like landscaping will as well, or if there's something else in the works.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The SL Map website now appears to have been fixed! Region names now load and searching by region names also works. :)  

Yes, the API got back to work some hours ago but the jira hasn't been notified of that yet. We can still feel some suspense! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Do we have any idea what Kodokuna Josei will eventually turn out to be? It's the one that has the large water area leading into Jollly Serpent and on down to the stilt homes. I assume the rail line will continue down from Shobu, but am wondering if the park-like landscaping will as well, or if there's something else in the works.

Train tracks, landscaping, and hopefully some coastal details like fishing nets and crab traps. A small waterfront fish market would be cool too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I find the big bay there suggestive, but I'm not sure of what :)  Occam's razor, however, tells us that the moles will probably simply continue the park-like landscaping. 

Certainly it would be more entertaining if the large bay contained something like a coral reef or undersea aquarium.  

Perhaps patrolled by Gamera!  Or maybe it will be a swampy area, difficult to navigate, home to Kappa and Funayurei!  

/me tries to lasso her runaway imagination.

• Like 5

I’m looking at the map at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Menhaden/128/0/2501 (where Sakura meets Stiltsland): The edge between the two regions seems so sharp! I undertsand that Menhaden is unfinished and some nice landscaping might still de made — something like what’s at Too Salty or Dannielles.

Yet much older such gaps were not landscaped, though, as those five from Grand Banks to Albatross Shoals, or the eastern edge of Waved Whelk. Would a JIRA help?

• Like 1

I don't think LL are going to bother decorating all those empty water regions which separate Bellisseria and other continents. Seems likes a waste of resources considering the how busy the Moles still are with the actual liveable area of Belli, and the little use these empty regions get. 

Maybe once Bellisseria is finished they will stick in a few plants etc but I imagine that might be not high on their list of priorities at the moment.

• Like 3

WEST COASTS EXPANDED!

Thursday 9th June 2022:

The west coasts of the Newbrooke and Chalet sub-continents have been expanded (and joined) with nine new regions.

1950651867_NewRegions09Jun2022.thumb.jpg.c20c7eae85b7df98001116df0be91bd5.jpg

The nine regions are located between SSPSome Pig (Newbrooke) and Hydrant (Chalets). They are named:

SSPGrey Ghost, SSPFudge Ripple, SSPPerfect Seal, SSPWhatsup Dock, SSPLandho, SSPBikini Top, SSPLes Poissons, SSPTritons Daughters, SSPRum Tug.

The railway through Newbrooke and Chalets will form a complete loop when railway track is laid between SSPSome Pig and Hydrant.

Moles have already begun laying track from Hydrant northwards up the new coastline towards SSPSome Pig.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Ow, it seems that these nine regions were removed: I'm on SSPSome Pig right now and cannot see anything to the east. :c

I went to see them hour ago when I visited after seeing Sarah's post and they were they, maybe just not rezzing for you. They are empty regions at the moment and look forward to all the expansions. 

Edited by Betth Ashbourne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

seems that these nine regions were removed

Never mind, it was a matter of latency on my part. Everything's visible for me now! In the world scene, that is. and in the Fs parcel map (Shift-Crtl+M). In the main map (Crtl+M) I see myself in the off-region void!:

void.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The railway through Newbrooke and Chalets will form a complete loop when railway track is laid between SSPSome Pig and Hydrant.

There is an interesting railtrack curve going around the lake in Tritons Daughters:933034813_SSPTritonsDaughters_001.thumb.png.b93fb9fe0d05c583b54693d95bed4a04.png

Seems yet unfinished, something to look for the next hours/days.

The railway goes northwards from there is right now ends at SSPBikini Top/248/177/23 — but very likely to soon be completed to meet at SSPGray Ghost.

1644628329_SSPBikiniTop_001.thumb.png.08a8c3e7511119f77abdbd7dbbdc8e6c.png

Will there be a track fork or triangle at that jutting “cape” on the coast of SSPGray Ghost, to connect with the Sakura railway?

Will there be a Bikini Thong region next to Bikini Top? Will there be a dock on region Whatsup Dock? SO many qiestions!

Edited by 4lice Cerise
+pic
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, 4lice Cerise said:

Never mind, it was a matter of latency on my part. Everything's visible for me now! In the world scene, that is. and in the Fs parcel map (Shift-Crtl+M). In the main map (Crtl+M) I see myself in the off-region void!:

void.png

Ah good, glad you were able to get there. They don't show up on the World Map for me either which is due to the delay in it updating. it's kinda kewl to see these new regions and watch the transition as they are built. I've been watching the transformation of the railway line along the northern part of the Newbrookes.  Great job Moles! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 4lice Cerise said:

There is an interesting railtrack curve going around the lake in Tritons Daughters:933034813_SSPTritonsDaughters_001.thumb.png.b93fb9fe0d05c583b54693d95bed4a04.png

Seems yet unfinished, something to look for the next hours/days.

The railway goes northwards from there is right now ends at SSPBikini Top/248/177/23 — but very likely to soon be completed to meet at SSPGray Ghost.

1644628329_SSPBikiniTop_001.thumb.png.08a8c3e7511119f77abdbd7dbbdc8e6c.png

Will there be a track fork or triangle at that jutting “cape” on the coast of SSPGray Ghost, to connect with the Sakura railway?

Will there be a Bikini Thong region next to Bikini Top? Will there be a dock on region Whatsup Dock? SO many qiestions!

I thought there might be a Bikini Bottom near Bikini Top too. The region just south of Bikini Top is Les Poissons. I wonder if this was a little adult joke by the Moles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The Chalet-Newbrook railway line is now connected and runs all around the Chalet and Newbrook Homes subcontinent. No sign of any connection to Sakura or the Stilt Homes from here, so it looks like those are only going to be accessible by water or air.

1738566945_RailwayLineConnectedatWahpsupDock_001.thumb.jpg.69681ff55bf15d5293e6f7e2483358c3.jpg

p.s.

I note that Whatsup Dock has pathfinding enabled. Other surrounding regions don't. Make of that what you will. It might mean nothing...or maybe a sea monster?   lol

to add p.s.
  • Like 3

• Moles
3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I thought there might be a Bikini Bottom near Bikini Top too. The region just south of Bikini Top is Les Poissons. I wonder if this was a little adult joke by the Moles?

Adult joke? They are obviously references to icons of French culture. The bikini being a French invention and the French Chef from The Little Mermaid. Moles LOVE leetle fishiees. Don't you?

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Your map is out of date. The entire line is functional. 

You moles must be really digging in those heels and moving fast down the coast.  Moles are famously industrious little buggers, but it's okay to kick up those diggers and enjoy your handiwork and the sweet smell of virtual salt air. (For a moment anyway.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1