SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

this connection will be an underwater tunnel

Yes! Abnor loves to tunnel. Abnor's post above says "it's obvious", a rare sort of confirmation. Sakura is not ideal for railroads due to all the elevation changes and the fact that so much space is allocated to water. It seems as if Shobu is the end of the line, much as Red Hook is in the Vickies. The eastern route is the minimal effort required to get Shobu connected to the Chalet /Newbrooke loop.

But what about Moose Tracks? I speculate that when the log northern coast is completed, it will go the way of Bridle Path  ( a loop turn around). Would not be suprised if the Chalet/Newbrooke/Sakura loop remains unconnected to the Trad/Camper/Vicky/Log network,

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

While it's nice that all of the shiny new themes are getting their coastlines, Logland (with a few Vic regions) still has this.  I can only hum the Final Jeopardy music for so long. 

image.thumb.png.3206f91bf1b30e168e62eee13f608a54.png

Really, really. I want to be able to sail along the north coast and go to Sakura from my home.

At least I can sail around the islands to the north-west. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

While it's nice that all of the shiny new themes are getting their coastlines, Logland (with a few Vic regions) still has this.  I can only hum the Final Jeopardy music for so long. 

All that Abnor has ever said about that coast is that they have a plan.  I suppose never finishing it actually qualifies as a "plan".  

I have a lovely place there, but the unfinished coast next door is beginning to feel like a wound.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Really, really. I want to be able to sail along the north coast and go to Sakura from my home.

I agree that where one can go by water is important. I have never been interested in flying. I prefer walking, sailing and train. Years ago we had working trains and ferries in Caledon that ran on schedules. We also had underwater tunnels. It made it more fun for me. When I got a LH parcel, I checked for a nearby place to put in my boat and abandoned land until I found the perfect spot in Malamute. I am happy I can sail from my place to other places I want to visit. A friend has been struggling to find such a place for weeks. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Alexina Proctor said:

I agree that where one can go by water is important. I have never been interested in flying. I prefer walking, sailing and train. Years ago we had working trains and ferries in Caledon that ran on schedules. We also had underwater tunnels. It made it more fun for me. When I got a LH parcel, I checked for a nearby place to put in my boat and abandoned land until I found the perfect spot in Malamute. I am happy I can sail from my place to other places I want to visit. A friend has been struggling to find such a place for weeks. 

I love the name Malamute for a region. Now I want to see a bunch of dog breed names. I think Happy Husky should be one. ❤️ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

All that Abnor has ever said about that coast is that they have a plan.  I suppose never finishing it actually qualifies as a "plan".  

I have a lovely place there, but the unfinished coast next door is beginning to feel like a wound.

Given that they have some regions they're working on that look like they might be community regions for the old themes and it's right by the old themes... my theory is they're planning on something a little more complex there, so it's waiting until everything's ready.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Polenth Yue said:

Given that they have some regions they're working on that look like they might be community regions for the old themes and it's right by the old themes... my theory is they're planning on something a little more complex there, so it's waiting until everything's ready.

I was thinking they might be planning to add a community center too. The Log Homes have a lodge, some great picnic and hiking areas, but nothing that feels quite as community-focused as the newer community centers. It would be nice to see something like that added to the northern coast. Rezzable canoes would be a good feature.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I was thinking they might be planning to add a community center too. The Log Homes have a lodge, some great picnic and hiking areas, but nothing that feels quite as community-focused as the newer community centers. It would be nice to see something like that added to the northern coast. Rezzable canoes would be a good feature.

I believe what Polenth is referring to is SSPTCR and SSPVCR, which were noticed back in March and still exist, with very discrete blue covers.  At the time, there was speculation that they might be community regions for traditonals and victorians.  Personally, I feel that Randelsham, which was introduced by Patch as the Log Homes' community region, is a gorgeous place, but I suppose they could add a canoe rezzer down by the dock, and a dance ball in the large lawn area near the dock.  The novelty of having dance parties in such a natural setting could be fun for folks.

I don't see the north Log Home coast as a natural site for either a Trad or Vic community center, but who am I to say.  I used to think that it was being reserved as a link to some new theme, and perhaps it was at one point.  Plans change sometimes.

My only idea about where to put a Trad community region is Millbank.  And I always thought this empty space could accommodate a Vic community region very well, tho I don't see an easy way to link existing lands to it.  

empty.JPG.08d2f160c89921f8273c9d5f183d88b1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I was thinking they might be planning to add a community center too.

Actually, I view the community centers to be ill-conceived and a poor use of scarce resources (both the cost to make and maintain). Spaces such as the Bellisseria Fairgrounds are better because they allow residents to create novel (temporary) builds for event purposes. This is consistent with my Second Life Prime Directive... Lindens should not do things that residents can do (because the whole point is for US to do stuff).

So what's wrong with community centers? I find them to be showcases where events do not take place. An exception may be the beach at Treeowattor where there is a weekly party. What makes Treeowattor different is that a DJ stream is set and there is a regular following for the DJ, perhaps not the place.

Which brings up another unfortunate issue, DJ tipping. The Bellisserria covenant prohibits tip jars for no good reason. Because DJs incur expenses, it is reasonable to tip them. Even Linden Lab allows DJ tipping at the otherwise "non commercial" Second Life Birthday because they evidently care about that being a success.

In summary, my advice is to make more places like the Fairgrounds, less places like Newbank, allow DJ tipping, and make it easy for DJs to set streams on "community" spaces.

Now back to relaxing at Treeowatoor...

treeowatoor_001.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

Actually, I view the community centers to be ill-conceived and a poor use of scarce resources (both the cost to make and maintain). Spaces such as the Bellisseria Fairgrounds are better because they allow residents to create novel (temporary) builds for event purposes. This is consistent with my Second Life Prime Directive... Lindens should not do things that residents can do (because the whole point is for US to do stuff).

So what's wrong with community centers? I find them to be showcases where events do not take place. An exception may be the beach at Treeowattor where there is a weekly party. What makes Treeowattor different is that a DJ stream is set and there is a regular following for the DJ, perhaps not the place.

Which brings up another unfortunate issue, DJ tipping. The Bellisserria covenant prohibits tip jars for no good reason. Because DJs incur expenses, it is reasonable to tip them. Even Linden Lab allows DJ tipping at the otherwise "non commercial" Second Life Birthday because they evidently care about that being a success.

In summary, my advice is to make more places like the Fairgrounds, less places like Newbank, allow DJ tipping, and make it easy for DJs to set streams on "community" spaces.

Now back to relaxing at Treeowatoor...

I respect you, and I respect your opinion.  But I love the community centers.  They are generally quite beautiful, providing an aspirational example of each theme's touchstone elements, helping to transform Belli from an endless suburb into a set of separate communities.  They are also transit hubs, which makes them useful to me as explorer destinations, as in "Can I drive from Treeowatoor to the Drunken Maus?".  Plus they make easy meeting places "Lets meet at Campwich".

I think the Fairgrounds still suffice for large public events. However, you might like this idea: I think Belli could benefit by having one or two venues which are available for less formal gatherings, managed by a group of residents such as the BBB, scheduled by Google Calendar, each with their own venue group into which DJs and builders could be invited.  I think I will start a thread to discuss this idea.

Lastly, I really feel that allowing tip jars would be a big mistake.  The "no commerce" rule for Belli is only easy to enforce if there are no exceptions.  Nothing stops us from directly tipping DJs by simply dropping money on them, you know.  When I do that, Belli DJs thank me in IM, not publicly.

• Like 11

• Moles

All of the community regions in Bellisseria are set up like Treeowatoor with a radio residents interested in holding community get togethers can request access to. This allows them to change the parcel stream if need be.  If anyone wants to use the space to hold scheduled events open to the public (music events, book clubs, surfing parties, or whatever) they can request to be invited to the Bellisseria Performers Group, which gives them the ability to list their events on the boards in Puffin Head at the Events Center for all residents to see. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Puffin Head/41/112/27

96a8e983324c6825ca6145a2bb637679.jpg

As far as tipping goes, it was decided long ago that Bellisseria would be focused on residential rather than commercial and community centers would be a space for just that, the community. There is a literal cornucopia of places residents can DJ for tips. I've been to (and worked at and even ran) some of them. Two things we don't want the community centers to be:

1. A nuisance to residents right next to the community regions who rightfully expect a residential experience rather than large, constantly changing, out of theme resident built experience/event with sound effects, particle shows, etc. (That is what the Fairgrounds are for)

2.. A public space turned into a private commercial venture for those who are primarily looking to make L$ rather than bringing something to the community (which inevitably leads to drama and fighting over space and access once L$ are involved) and competition to commercial music event venues.

If anyone has an idea for something they'd like to host at any of the community regions, the SS Galaxy or the Fairgrounds, you can message myself or Mischievious Mole and we can add you to the group and get you on the list for accessing the parcel radios if necessary. Membership to the Bellisseria Performers Group is by invite and is moderated by the LDPW, but it is open to all residents who wish to participate. 

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 7

16 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I believe what Polenth is referring to is SSPTCR and SSPVCR, which were noticed back in March and still exist, with very discrete blue covers.  At the time, there was speculation that they might be community regions for traditonals and victorians.  Personally, I feel that Randelsham, which was introduced by Patch as the Log Homes' community region, is a gorgeous place, but I suppose they could add a canoe rezzer down by the dock, and a dance ball in the large lawn area near the dock.  The novelty of having dance parties in such a natural setting could be fun for folks.

I don't see the north Log Home coast as a natural site for either a Trad or Vic community center, but who am I to say.  I used to think that it was being reserved as a link to some new theme, and perhaps it was at one point.  Plans change sometimes.

There are Victorian regions directly on that edge (Ramsgate area) and space to put in a small traditional area if wanted. They might simply edge it, but there's enough space there to do more than a thin line of coast regions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

There are Victorian regions directly on that edge (Ramsgate area) and space to put in a small traditional area if wanted. They might simply edge it, but there's enough space there to do more than a thin line of coast regions.

Is there no Victorian community center? I don't really want one personally, but others might.

The regions north of Ramsgate look to me like there should be at least 9 to 12 residential regions filling in that corner, Mostly Victorian, with a few Log Homes on the right/east side. These would obviously have a coastline that would help to connect the Houseboats and Trailers on the left/west to the Log Homes and eventually the Stilt Homes and Sakura. I can see plenty of undeveloped regions north of the Log Homes, but not much space for more Victorians - unless they're going to be added on smaller islands.

654900267_NorthCoastofVictoriansandLogHomes.jpg.08660104c0ad87452a155a65033750dc.jpg

• Like 3

On 16/05/2022 at 17:59, Persephone Emerald said:

Caramba, eu ia postar as novas regiões de passagem marítima, mas aí eu comecei a conversar com pessoas que tinham acabado de sobrevoar.

1685818431_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_010.thumb.jpg.0901a23049a1b6f3264e5e0b17b11f02.jpg

Há fontes termais, mas ainda não encontrei uma casa de banho Onsen. Talvez alguém vai fazer um?

618488885_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_007.thumb.jpg.4451f6c23667954659df72ec6077ad5d.jpg

Aqui está outra foto do Garden Mole:

1581841720_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_008.thumb.jpg.6a553b2e9a356107dbd35d0e3115e73f.jpg

Fora do Centro Comunitário e Casa de Chá:

361381675_PersephoneNudewithaChair1-6-20_009.thumb.jpg.ff29a8c2881f89639b04523f9d260ed8.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Is there no Victorian community center? I don't really want one personally, but others might.

The regions north of Ramsgate look to me like there should be at least 9 to 12 residential regions filling in that corner, Mostly Victorian, with a few Log Homes on the right/east side. These would obviously have a coastline that would help to connect the Houseboats and Trailers on the left/west to the Log Homes and eventually the Stilt Homes and Sakura. I can see plenty of undeveloped regions north of the Log Homes, but not much space for more Victorians - unless they're going to be added on smaller islands.

There are other possible spaces, like the void area that Nika posted... but I never like to assume anything is too unrealistic after I suggested fantasy regions would appear like Brigadoon and that's exactly what happened at the reveal. They will need an expansion for the events center if they add more community regions though!

• Like 1

I went to Puffin Head Events Centre for a look around.

I watched the Bellisseria build history slideshow there.  In it, there's this Log Homes Layout Plan slide.

1514558847_LogHomesLayoutPLan.thumb.png.cf67463b9f0a65bfddfd84b274a16345.png

^ Notice the unnamed landmass to the north of the current Log continent. There's even a railway line running north from Moose Tracks!

The beginnings of a previously UNKNOWN sub-continent discovered?!

384277977_UnknownContinent.thumb.png.cd54b407d8e3785ddcf23006f8b38a88.png

😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One possibility for Loglands northern coast is the continuation of a little-known short stretch of Stilt Homes that are actually located on the extreme northeast tip of the Logland continent.

These rather special Stilt Homes are built on an extended coastal plain found at the bottom of the cliffs on northeast Logland.

These coastal plains have the standard 20m coastal water table, while the cliffs behind them exist to disguise the higher 49m water table found behind them in the Log Homes regions, because they contain a network of inland high water lakes. 364759260_LostCaves.thumb.jpg.cb6d7be58b2593d5101d5fe2d880e2f1.jpg

TP to Lost Caves and take a look.

A map of the current NE Logland regions, showing their relative water table heights. The 20m coastal regions only extend as far west as Lost Caves.

423978144_NELoglandwatertable.thumb.jpg.4ad23b9456b05dd4f2486ca173c56a1a.jpg

Adding more coastal regions (with 20m water) to the west of Lost Caves of Logland for more coastal plains for Stilts and space to give Logland more cliff edges to hide their higher water table.

2010646824_NELoglandextended.thumb.png.d796e31dc0801ea91da2e22c33f544e9.png

And it provides a shorter, and quicker northern boat route between Bellisseria's Traditionals, Stilts and Chalets, without that lengthy voyage around southern and eastern Logland.  😜 

895108063_BellisseriaExpansionSpace8.thumb.png.20095c2aad666852dd78a6a32c7d0632.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3