SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I think I read somewhere that there would be 12 themes, but since the houses have become so popular and with Plus coming maybe there will be more. 

I guess Sakura will be released around SLB19 (or a little before) and maybe one or two more this year. 

• Like 4

There's potential for 2 more fairly large themes to fill spaces (coloured purple & green) between Logs (brown) and Sakura.

And Sakura could grow larger (white) than it is at present. Sakura might grow westwards into the purple area, or even further south-west into the green area.

Click map to enlarge:

340589370_BellisseriaExpansionThemesTheory.thumb.png.287274fa74a8155ea98fc5d4379a6f94.png

I'll predict that new railway tracks (black) will pass through the green/purple areas, to link Logs to Sakura, then onwards to Newbrooke and the Chalets. These green/purple areas would then have access to a railway line.

I don't expect all the green space area will become more Stilt homes, as Abnor has already stated that putting train tracks and their bridges over Stilt waterways would be disruptive to boats. However, the green/purple space to the east side of the Log-Sakura railway track could be made into more Stilt Homes if required.

I  also hope the purple area becomes a watery theme (or an extension of Sakura) as it is key to joining Sansara continent's East River (at Bleaberry Tarn) to the wider eastern continents.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

There's potential for 2 more fairly large themes to fill spaces (coloured purple, green) between Logs (brown) and Sakura.

And Sakura could grow larger (white) than it is at present, it might grow westwards into the purple area, or further south-west into the green area.

Click map to enlarge:

2013656965_BellisseriaExpansionThemesTheory.thumb.png.1c9ce9b0f5502c58237a67df337f1ad8.png

I'll predict that railway tracks (black) will pass through the green/purple areas, to link Logs to Sakura, then onwards to Newbrooke and the Chalets.

I don't expect the green area will become more Stilt homes, as Abnor has already stated that putting train tracks and their bridges over Stilt waterways would be disruptive to boats.

However, the green space to the east side of a railway track could be made into more Stilt Homes if required.

I would also hope that the purple area would become a watery theme (or an extension of Sakura) as it is key to joining Sansara continent's East River (at Bleaberry Tarn) to the wider western continents.

Sounds great. 

I personally think the old Linden Home continents in south of the grid should be moved closer to the Bellisseria continent in the red areas you have outlined. The lab could add railway tracks, water regions, road regions between them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Sounds great. 

I personally think the old Linden Home continents in south of the grid should be moved closer to the Bellisseria continent in the red areas you have outlined. The lab could add railway tracks, water regions, road regions between them. 

I'm in agreement about moving the old Linden Homes closer,  though I think they should be separated by a water passage, much like the Fantasy regions are.  After exploring them, I think they're worth keeping, but maybe consolidating into one or two continents. The style of building is old, but they're low lag. Maybe some of the empty houses could be removed to create a less crowed feeling? If people are happy having only 512 m lots there, that's still a good option to have available. 

One point about the old Linden Homes is that they have the Premium Sandboxes close by on separate islands. I'd like to see some Premium Sandboxes closer to Belliserria, though still only for Premium members. Premium members might like to travel to a sandbox region for a private picnic or some large-scale building. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Sounds great. 

Lot of great art within the original themes lot of great history too; have ssgalaxy tow them nearer forsure would fun to run around on.

• Like 4

• Moles

FWIW.... Moving whole continents isn't a thing. If it were there wouldn't have been a need to build Bellisseria in order to connect them. Regions can be moved, but moving several hundred regions would be a whole other animal. It's the difference between mowing your neighbor's lawn and mowing ALL your neighbors' lawns. 

817696c999d17bfc6fae73fd88851c19.png

Edit: ^^^^^actual picture of Derrick when I asked him^^^^^

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 14

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, daquari Stawberry said:

IS that all it takes to get Patch's attention ... dang I've been trying for almost 15 yrs and have been unsuccessful   ♥  Paging  @Patch Linden     Sorry had to do it ...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

7 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Sounds great. 

I have a different vision:

If the Lab still intends on phasing out the 2010 Linden Homes, then it may be worth it to keep a handful of them (including their community centers if feasible) as some sort of open air museum and place each of the four themes in close vicinity of each other.
"Look honey, this is how pre-mesh avatars used to live!"

That last remark may be tongue-in-cheek, but I do think it would be important to preserve at least a few samples of that part of SL history, just like various other parts of SL history has been preserved.

• Like 8

On 5/2/2022 at 2:32 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Click map to enlarge:

I simplified Sarah's map a bit to show the railway situation in Mainland (yellow lines, incomplete!) and how the possible new tracks (red lines — speculative!) could join to the whole.

belliRRall.png

Edited by 4lice Cerise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 5/2/2022 at 2:32 PM, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I don't expect all the green space area will become more Stilt homes, as Abnor has already stated that putting train tracks and their bridges over Stilt waterways would be disruptive to boats.

Yes, but since the railhead at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moose Tracks/99/254/2503 is at a ground height of 57 m, it could cross Stilt LH regions on bridges with 37 m clearance, either forming a long viaduct or atop a ridge and meet higher terrain again as the track goes northwards.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Urgh. Now I’m going to see that gorilla and hear those drums in my head all night…

Sorry. Had to....just for the sake of those who've never seen it. You understand, riiiiiiiiiight...?!  😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1